Open-world Harry Potter game to launch for next-gen consoles in 2021, according to a new report

hp.jpg
Back in 2018, we reported of the development of an open-world game set in the Harry Potter universe. The news came from a leaked video coming from a focus group participant that showed the game in action, along with the title's features. However, not much was heard of this game until now.

According to a Bloomberg report, the game is still in the works by the Warner Bros.-owned studio, Avalanche Software. Bloomberg mentions that the game was originally planned to be officially unveiled during this year's E3 but due to the pandemic, it will be announced after the digital DC FanDome event in August during which a new Batman game will be announced.

Bloomberg kept the anonymity of its sources who feared of being laid off for speaking publicly. They mentioned that the new Harry Potter game will release in late 2021 on the PS5 and Xbox Series X.

:arrow: SOURCE

D

Deleted User

What is with the resurgence in film/TV show tie in games?
studios want something they know will sell, not this particular case but things like SBFBB:R work because you are appealing to
-fans of the old game
-old fans of spongebob who did not play the old game
-new fans of spongebob who did not play the old game
This seems about 10 years too late
not much of a harry potter fan, but its still pretty big, i'm amazed Rowling did not try to make more sequels, potterheads are really just as crazy as weebs and will buy all things harry potter
It will be pretty cool if it is an open world RPG where we have our own custom character, choose our own team and so on. Similar to the android game in a way, but without the cashgrab part.
mobile makes me sad for this exaxt reason, there is potential, but its ruined by the playstore and appstore being full of shovelware, developers having aggresive monetization schemes, etc. the switch, amazon fire tv/fire stick, and nvidia shield basically run on mobile chipsets, so the power is there, its just wasted to run shit like candy crush. edit: i got distracted, but what i actually wanted to say is that most mobile game's weakness is being on mobile, so good concepts either go to waste (i think the clash of clans setting would be pretty good for a budget rts) or end up being better executed on pc or console (horizon chase on android and ios and horizon chase turbo on pc, ps4 and switch)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Sansgaming420

DoggaDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in 2018, we reported of the development of an open-world game set in the Harry Potter universe. The news came from a leaked video coming from a focus group participant that showed the game in action, along with the title's features. However, not much was heard of this game until now.

According to a Bloomberg report, the game is still in the works by the Warner Bros.-owned studio, Avalanche Software. Bloomberg mentions that the game was originally planned to be officially unveiled during this year's E3 but due to the pandemic, it will be announced after the digital DC FanDome event in August during which a new Batman game will be announced.

Bloomberg kept the anonymity of its sources who feared of being laid off for speaking publicly. They mentioned that the new Harry Potter game will release in late 2021 on the PS5 and Xbox Series X.

:arrow: SOURCE

J.K. Still pushing out more Harry Potter content? Her 60 Million dollar net worth isn't enough?

I'll still get the game anyway, like every other human being ever, give the game a bad review, but she would of already got a shit load of money.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Oh boy a whole magical world where the most brilliant minds have no idea what a wrench is
All I'm saying is that if I was Voldemort, I would have won. Everyone in that universe is incompetent. Quiddich is a such an easy sport to rig with broken rules that nobody takes advantage of. Professor McGonagall is likely the smartest person in the series and even then she makes dumb decisions.

They decide to take 11 year old kids and sort them into groups of "Brave" "Smart" Evil" and "Other."

And you know what?

I fucking LOVE IT.

D

Deleted User

J.K. Still pushing out more Harry Potter content? Her 60 Million dollar net worth isn't enough?

I'll still get the game anyway, like every other human being ever, give the game a bad review, but she would of already got a shit load of money.
every single person or corporation with a big franchise does that, i dont see how its any different from nintendo making more marios and zeldas, just to name one of multiple examples, they do it because they know people will buy it, if people didnt buy it, they wouldnt make more

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wonder if this is really the time to release something Harry Potter related. After Rowling's comments, I'm sure there'll be people trying to boycott this one. But then again, controversial games such as Sword & Shield and Last of Us 2 sold remarkably well, so...

After all this time?

Always

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I can pirate this game, I will because I am interested in seeing how it turns out. If I can't pirate it, then I won't even look at it. I won't be sending even a penny towards that TERF trash.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game was announced at E3 last year (2019). It and the magic gathering rpg some how were overlooked and forgotten about by those who initially did pay attention to them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People seem really upset at the author. What goes there? I went looking and
https://www.glamour.com/story/a-com...e-jk-rowling-transgender-comments-controversy
Seems to be a fairly reasonable breakdown of things.

I respect every trans person’s right to live any way that feels authentic and comfortable to them. I’d march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans. At the same time, my life has been shaped by being female. I do not believe it’s hateful to say so.
What an absolute fucking cunt. Such abhorrence in words there...
Though really I am at a loss on that one.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it wants to be relevant, it will have to be Fantastic Beasts era

No thanks. Shitty franchise made by a shitty person. Keep it far away from me.
How is JK Rowling a shitty person of all people? A woman who became famous with her own skill and advocates for LGBT rights is shitty now?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

People seem really upset at the author. What goes there? I went looking and
https://www.glamour.com/story/a-com...e-jk-rowling-transgender-comments-controversy
Seems to be a fairly reasonable breakdown of things.

What an absolute fucking cunt. Such abhorrence in words there...
Though really I am at a loss on that one.
What in the actual hell? Biological women have very different experiences growing up than male-to-female trans women that can't be duplicated with mere hormone therapy. There's nothing wrong with what she said.

I swear to god this is just an extension of men putting women down once again, only this time it's male-to-female trans still retaining their male attitudes towards demeaning women at every possible event. And then people wonder why feminism is such a hot topic. Ya'll see a successful woman and as usual call her derogatory words like "cunt".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mario Dre