OTG, external HDD and exploit questions

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you mention the wall outlet, are you talking about the PSC's and not the 2.5 external HDD's (which shouldn't even have one), right? Also, this adapter's USB-A port is white so how can it be USB 2.0 and not USB 1.0? I thought white USB-A ports were 1.0.

You connect the otg cable to the power port of the ps classic so you connect the power adapter of the classic to the otg cable, the power go through the otg adapter. That how the adapter work, supply 5v/1A and give the classic addition usb port to allows like Bluetooth dongle/wifi dongle/usb hdd to work.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You connect the otg cable to the power port of the ps classic so you connect the power adapter of the classic to the otg cable, the power go through the otg adapter. That how the adapter work, supply 5v/1A and give the classic addition usb port to allows like Bluetooth dongle/wifi dongle/usb hdd to work.

So, it seems the T Adapter @Ferris1000 showed and an OTG cable are the same. That was confusing me because I thought they were different things.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The one I shown had more ports.

I plan to use only one USB device. I guess any OTG cable which has USB-A and microUSB outputs and a microUSB input should work.
Post automatically merged:

The one I shown had more ports.

What about the white USB-A port? How come it's 2.0 and not 1.0?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to use only one USB device. I guess any OTG cable which has USB-A and microUSB outputs and a microUSB input should work.
Post automatically merged:

What about the white USB-A port? How come it's 2.0 and not 1.0?

Unless specified it is usb 2.0 is black, usb 1.0 is white, and usb 3.0 typically use blue. The one Ferris1000 show might only be usb 2.0 or 1.0 since it is white.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It is not that, usually cheaper quality from aliexpress, the item that Ferris1000 listed had good feedback so it should work.

What about SUYAMA's OTG cable?

I'm worried about the T Adapter @Ferris1000 showed covering the PSC's HDMI port even if I order the right bended one. Does it have to be left or right bended?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat