OUYA users HERE!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run Sackboy Run works on the OUYA but I have yet to figure out how to get it to work with a controller. I'm also trying to find a hub that will work with my hard drive. I miss multiplayer gaming.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried tincore?

Not yet but I might give it a shot. I have 3 major goals for my OUYA

1) Find a USB hub solution that allows me to use my HDD and have multiplayer

2) Find a device that will allow me to convert my 1080p or 720p signal into a 1080i signal

3) Test my Ethernet powerline adapters and start a PlayCast account.

...so much work to do. I swear I need to work at OUYA's Q.A. department. :P

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) wouldn't this work or not?http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-USB-2-0-7-PORT-HUB/dp/B000TTTJ36

2) isn't that wholly on ouyaouya?

3)good luck with that and hope it works

1) Man, I wasn't really trying to spend $20+ on a hub but after so many fails, it seems like it's the only way :(

2) From my earlier test it seems as if the OUYA can only output 1080p, 720p and 480p. 480p was LOVELY on my TV (mostly sharp text and beautiful colors) but some games would try to overcompensate for the lower resolution which would end up with garbled text (damn Tell Tale games :( ). The TV I use for the OUYA is a CRT HDTV and only outputs in 1080i, 480p and 480i and has no HDMI ports. Right not my only choices are

A - 720p via HDMI to composite which guarantees that everything shows up appropriately but text outside of games isnt that great and the color quality sucks.

B - 480p via HDMI to component. AMAZING picture but some games get stupid. It's only 10% of the games but ALL of the Tell Tale games are in that 10% making the minority a strong one and I dont want to enjoy my OUYA without those games.

3) My Ethernet powerline adapters should be here by Friday. I really hope all goes well with that. I'm losing 20+ games via the OnLive shutdown so Playcast is my new alternative.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, where did all the OUYA users go?

i bought a shield portable and have kicked 99% of all my ouya exclusive content to it with titanium backup.
still use my ouya occasionally, but the shield can connect to the tv too at 1080p, and it's got tegra4 opposed to the ouyas tegra3.

also ouya kinda pisses me off with the closed store. i prefer being able to buy a game via googleplay which leaves the option to transfer it to whatever android device i choose.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought a shield portable and have kicked 99% of all my ouya exclusive content to it with titanium backup.
still use my ouya occasionally, but the shield can connect to the tv too at 1080p, and it's got tegra4 opposed to the ouyas tegra3.

also ouya kinda pisses me off with the closed store. i prefer being able to buy a game via googleplay which leaves the option to transfer it to whatever android device i choose.

You could just transfer the OUYA store over to your Shield lol. Ive performed that mod a few times and if Android x86 gets its act together I might get a mini PC and dual-boot the OUYA version of Android and Windows 8 and make it a multi console.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just transfer the OUYA store over to your Shield lol. Ive performed that mod a few times and if Android x86 gets its act together I might get a mini PC and dual-boot the OUYA version of Android and Windows 8 and make it a multi console.
Why add Windows? You can't do that much on specs like that (assuming its a windows tab)

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can stick "Discover" on any android device but games downloaded from it may not run. That's why I'm waiting for Android x86's interpreter to gain some more improvements.
Well that's interesting to know. Hopefully the new nvida shield and Razer forge will get it in case the ouya2 never happens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: How you doin xdq?