OUYA users HERE!

go-vegan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
OUYA is perfect for emulation. I emulate PSP, Dreamcast and PlayStation One one the console

whoa, that sounds good.

-can you use your own (wired) USB controller on OUYA?
-i've heard there was some input lag with original controller, is that fixed?
-how hard is to install those emulators and set up everything?
-i don't intend to use OUYA store, but i heard setup is forcing you to link your credit card anyways to use device, is this true?
-my family is tech dumb, how user friendly is interface?, will they be able to run super mario on the NES emulator when i am not around?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoa, that sounds good.

-can you use your own (wired) USB controller on OUYA?

I used to use a wired XBox 360 controller and it worked well but I stopped because I got tired of my HDD and the controller fighting over the damn hub. OUYA consoles and USB hub can be a pain int he ass :( Additionally Wireless PS3 controllers also work

-i've heard there was some input lag with original controller, is that fixed?

If you're luck enough to find one of the newer model controllers yes the issue is mostly fixed, if not, you will have to inform OUYA support and ship your controller back to them. I have yet to do it simply because I can't get around to it

-how hard is to install those emulators and set up everything?

Not hard at all but trust me, you will want some sort of external storage, especially if you plan on emulating PS One, Dreamcast or PSP.

-i don't intend to use OUYA store, but i heard setup is forcing you to link your credit card anyways to use device, is this true?

You don't have to link your card to your OUYA. I havent setup in ages but there are ways around that and still be able to use the OUYA store with OUYA cards

-my family is tech dumb, how user friendly is interface?, will they be able to run super mario on the NES emulator when i am not around?

The OUYA system menu is very straight forward. As for emulators, that's on a emulator by emulator basis. For example, the PSP emu, whilst not on the OUYA store, supports the controller perfectly and has a nice UI. The PS One emu I purchased 2 years ago has a OK UI but the controllr options suck, and you have to setup your controller on every boot :( The Dreamcast emu has a fairly basic UI but as long as you set things up first, it should be dummy proof.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk