[OVERHAUL] Dementia Design [V2]

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of you might remember me working on a little projecthttp://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=100977http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=100977 for a class presentation a few weeks back. I was a little fond of it but really wanted some harsh critique so that I could improve.

One friend I asked told me that it looked "Too happy and nice for a psychological disorder." God dammit, he was 'effing right.

So a few days before the presentation was due, I took a huge risk and decided to start over from scratch. My 2nd version (and the version that I presented) is below. And, wewt, I got an A on the presentation.
happy.gif

dementiav2gt2.png

Although the overall concept is the same, I was going for a more realistic look and thought, well durr durr, why not just use a photo instead?
nyanya.gif

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pikadude1006 said:
I honestly liked the old one better, but they're both pretty cool
biggrin.gif
Yea, I really wanted to pitch the first one too, but my friend was sort of right. Too many bright colors paired with an anime chick...

Plus, a big thing that made me change my mind was the audience. I had to think about the class I was pitching it to. unfortunately, I had to assume that most of them weren't into the whole anime/cartoonish style after sitting in class with them for 11 weeks. It just wouldn't have appealed to them or even my instructor, for that matter.

It's really hard having to let go of old concepts, and in this case, finished designs due to arriving at a late realization. It's even harder having to go back to the drawing board and begin to get new concepts out and start working on them, again, from scratch, again...
nyanya.gif

QUOTE(Doomsday Forte @ Sep 15 2008, 09:40 PM) Freaky. The pixelated bricks really catch my eye. As do the watery-looking ones. And she's kinda staticy...

Nice.
tongue.gif
Yea! You perfectly described the concepts I was going for when working on this. At first, I wasn't sure if people would pick up on certain textures, but, thanks for the reassurance!

I was definitely going for the static, fading tv effect when working on the body area from the neck downward. As you can see, the whole bricked area which is aligned with her head has a seperate dark flat effect, no static at all. Knowledge of Dementia most definitely came in handy when working on the whole body.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Super Mario Stripper Land +1