Overwatch 2, other Blizzard titles heading to Steam

dsadasd.png

Blizzard's Overwatch 2 has been a Battle.net launcher exclusive on PC, but soon that'll change. The company announced that it'll be bringing its litany of games to the Steam storefront, starting with Overwatch 2. You'll still need a Battle.net account in order to play, but this will bring Overwatch 2 to players who only use Steam on PC. The other Blizzard games that they'll be bringing over wasn't announced, while Overwatch 2 will be arriving on August 10th.

As we've evolved, the industry has evolved too–gaming is no longer just for specific communities as it was when Battle.net launched over two decades ago, gaming is for everyone–and though we remain committed to continually investing in and supporting Battle.net, we want to break down the barriers to make it easier for players everywhere to find and enjoy our game.

:arrow: Source

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So they're bringing over Overwatch 2...after having effectively killed off Overwatch 2 (pretty much everyone already knows how).

Plus, still requiring a goddamn Battle.net account to actually play the damn game, despite being sold on Steam, renders it even more pointless; it's just like DOOM Eternal, thanks to the stupid and unimportant multiplayer in that title (thereby requiring you to have a Bethesda account, even if you aren't interested in anything but singleplayer; ugh).
Or like how plenty of EA games still require bloody Origin to launch alongside the game.

If you're gonna sell it on a different storefront, then make it fully functional on that storefront alone!

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, it'll get more visibility but I don't think more people will play it. Those who already wanted to play the game already did. It'll just get review bombed.

But hey, maybe under Microsoft things will change ..... Maybe. I don't hope for much tho. Maybe they'll actually make Overwatch 2 if Kotick is out.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool I guess? Too bad they have already butchered most of their IP's or this would have been good news.

Pretty sure it is just their ultra-fan whales keeping them afloat at this point.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, at least StarCraft can benefit from more players.
What most of Starcraft fans would have loved was Project Titan to become real. It was first announced as a mmorpg based on one of their liscence, everything pointing to it being starcraft.
In the end, it turned out into what we know as overwatch, such a downgrade :(

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now behold the might of our demand: Slash the WoW subscription price to a mere $5, for we shall brook no obstacles! Tremble, for the decree has been spoken. We depart, confident in the inevitability of your compliance. Farewell, and prepare to witness the true power of our desire!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Now behold the might of our demand: Slash the WoW subscription price to a mere $5, for we shall brook no obstacles! Tremble, for the decree has been spoken. We depart, confident in the inevitability of your compliance. Farewell, and prepare to witness the true power of our desire!
Even if WoW was free, I'd rather pay $15/month to play FFXIV lmao.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So they're bringing over Overwatch 2...after having effectively killed off Overwatch 2 (pretty much everyone already knows how).

Plus, still requiring a goddamn Battle.net account to actually play the damn game, despite being sold on Steam, renders it even more pointless; it's just like DOOM Eternal, thanks to the stupid and unimportant multiplayer in that title (thereby requiring you to have a Bethesda account, even if you aren't interested in anything but singleplayer; ugh).
Or like how plenty of EA games still require bloody Origin to launch alongside the game.

If you're gonna sell it on a different storefront, then make it fully functional on that storefront alone!
the storefront is exactly what it is, a store, the battle.net account is for the game servers atlewast u wont need battle.net installed then. its really not that much of a big deal to be honest atleast b.net isnt lauching alongside it

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i guess the game after pve cancelling wasnt doing them any good in players
They just shot themselves in the foot with the season 1 patch for Diablo 4 in a similar fashion, too. By announcing it doesn't actually contain any new content, but instead just a few new items and massive nerfs to every class in the game. ActiBlizz is one company I hope Microsoft doesn't take the hands-off approach with, they need to be completely divided up and restructured. #FreeVicariousVisions

17hitcombooo

Officer Balls.... BWAAHAHAHAH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They just shot themselves in the foot with the season 1 patch for Diablo 4 in a similar fashion, too. By announcing it doesn't actually contain any new content, but instead just a few new items and massive nerfs to every class in the game. ActiBlizz is one company I hope Microsoft doesn't take the hands-off approach with, they need to be completely divided up and restructured. #FreeVicariousVisions
one thing i hope microsoft will do is to do a system that doesnt require your phone number to play overwatch 2.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?