Overwatch 2, other Blizzard titles heading to Steam

dsadasd.png

Blizzard's Overwatch 2 has been a Battle.net launcher exclusive on PC, but soon that'll change. The company announced that it'll be bringing its litany of games to the Steam storefront, starting with Overwatch 2. You'll still need a Battle.net account in order to play, but this will bring Overwatch 2 to players who only use Steam on PC. The other Blizzard games that they'll be bringing over wasn't announced, while Overwatch 2 will be arriving on August 10th.

As we've evolved, the industry has evolved too–gaming is no longer just for specific communities as it was when Battle.net launched over two decades ago, gaming is for everyone–and though we remain committed to continually investing in and supporting Battle.net, we want to break down the barriers to make it easier for players everywhere to find and enjoy our game.

:arrow: Source

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now we wait for the influx of negative reviews and new issues with this dumpster fire of a game. How low it’s fallen
Last Blizzard good game was starcraft 2. It's been bullshit after bullshit since :(

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I heard about this. I love Starcraft and Starcraft 2 (never bought due to worst DRM, I got long time ago and keep for myself to play offline only).

I heard Biizzard is working on new Starcraft 3. I not sure if good or bad game. I don't know when and wait for result to see if good or not. Have to wait for Starcraft 3 to release out and what people talking about it. Maybe still worst DRM again built in there just like Diablo 4. We should find out soon.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So they're bringing over Overwatch 2...after having effectively killed off Overwatch 2 (pretty much everyone already knows how).

Plus, still requiring a goddamn Battle.net account to actually play the damn game, despite being sold on Steam, renders it even more pointless; it's just like DOOM Eternal, thanks to the stupid and unimportant multiplayer in that title (thereby requiring you to have a Bethesda account, even if you aren't interested in anything but singleplayer; ugh).
Or like how plenty of EA games still require bloody Origin to launch alongside the game.

If you're gonna sell it on a different storefront, then make it fully functional on that storefront alone!

There isn’t a single game on Steam with a third party store/launcher that doesn’t require it. Your rant is pointless 🤷‍♂️

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As a Steam Deck owner, I'd love to see Diablo IV in Steam. However I'm definitely not paying for it again lol. They have to introduce some mechanism to claim already owned games on Steam.
In the meantime Lutris + Proton are fine as a workaround.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool but why? If I wanted to play it by now, I would have through .net. They think that NOT being available on Steam was the detractor?

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now behold the might of our demand: Slash the WoW subscription price to a mere $5, for we shall brook no obstacles! Tremble, for the decree has been spoken. We depart, confident in the inevitability of your compliance. Farewell, and prepare to witness the true power of our desire!
Add it to gamepass PC and I'll finally subscribe.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard about this. I love Starcraft and Starcraft 2 (never bought due to worst DRM, I got long time ago and keep for myself to play offline only).

I heard Biizzard is working on new Starcraft 3. I not sure if good or bad game. I don't know when and wait for result to see if good or not. Have to wait for Starcraft 3 to release out and what people talking about it. Maybe still worst DRM again built in there just like Diablo 4. We should find out soon.
I'll be honest with you, i have no idea what you are talking about, as in no idea at all...
First, the thing about drm, i never felt anything bad about that. When it got released in 2010, my computer could barely run any AAA games. It had no dedicated gpu and had a cpu that was not meant for gaming (core 2 duo iirc). It had a whoping 2 gb of ram. And yet, i was able to run sc2 somewhat correctly. Full 1080p at around 30 to 40 fps with lowest graphics ofc (i had no support for shadder 2.0)
As for the starcraft 3 thing, there are nearly to nothing that we know for sure about it. All we know is something that was announced officially not long after the release of Legacy of the Void, in which the Starcraft producers said that IF there were to be a starcraft 3, there would be no character we already know. It means no Raynor, no Kerrigan, no Artanis. So far, this is all we know about starcraft 3, so we can say that we know nothing about it yet.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cool but why? If I wanted to play it by now, I would have through .net. They think that NOT being available on Steam was the detractor?
Correct, Steam has a whole lot of users that have never installed Battle.net. Most people do not care about another email account requirement, especially if a game is F2P. Not to say any boost in popularity OW2 sees won't be relatively small and temporary, but that's the reasoning behind it. Microsoft showed the numbers on Bnet during CoD's exclusivity period there, and they were stagnant. Meanwhile, Steam's monthly active users nearly doubled in the same time frame.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Blizzard stuff on Steam ?
Wait wait wait, wasn't it already the case ?

I thought classic Starcraft and Warcraft III were already playable on steam deck.
As for EA, thanks for porting classics like dungeon keeper, theme hospital and C&C Renegade, how nice you are !

These companies became incredibely more consumer friendly since the SD came out.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, Steam has a whole lot of users that have never installed Battle.net. Most people do not care about another email account requirement, especially if a game is F2P. Not to say any boost in popularity OW2 sees won't be relatively small and temporary, but that's the reasoning behind it. Microsoft showed the numbers on Bnet during CoD's exclusivity period there, and they were stagnant. Meanwhile, Steam's monthly active users nearly doubled in the same time frame.
I don't understand a word of that! Were you agreeing with me?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Blizzard stuff on Steam ?
Wait wait wait, wasn't it already the case ?

I thought classic Starcraft and Warcraft III were already playable on steam deck.
As for EA, thanks for porting classics like dungeon keeper, theme hospital and C&C Renegade, how nice you are !
You could always play non-Steam games on Steam Deck, it just takes a bit of extra setup and not all of them are fully compatible with Proton.

I don't understand a word of that! Were you agreeing with me?
Yes, not being on Steam was a detractor for many people. There are a whole lot of users who exclusively play games that are available on Steam.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, not being on Steam was a detractor for many people. There are a whole lot of users who exclusively play games that are available on Steam.
I've never understood being so resistant to something that you just won't go through their store. As if Steam was THAT much better??

Yourmomdotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never understood being so resistant to something that you just won't go through their store. As if Steam was THAT much better??
I don't intentionally do this, but I just hate having a shit ton of applications just to play 1 game on a service. It's why I only have physical release versions of specific games knowing it's only on specific web-stores I don't care about otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo