PCSX2 HD texture pack group on GBAtemp

pcsx2logo_Nanxo.jpg

Since PCSX2 got support for texture dumping and replacement a few weeks ago, there's been a flood of HD texture packs being produced by the community. Unfortunately, unlike other emulators such as Dolphin and PPSSPP, PCSX2 doesn't have a centralized location on its website for these and, with nowhere else for creators to put them, I've noticed them clogging up other areas of discussion, such as the r/emulation subreddit. To that end, I've created the PCSX2 HD texture pack group here on GBAtemp, so that we can collect all of them in one convenient location. You can join that group here, or at the link below.

To get things started, here are some of the projects that have been popping up lately:
:arrow: PCSX2 HD texture pack group

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seems pretty promising, this would be extra swell on the Steam Deck.
Unfortunately, most of the games I would like a texture pack for, are way too niche or "mediocre" to get that treatment.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to see how far the Star Ocean one will go. Goodness knows that game could use some love! Too bad nothing can fix the awkward character animations, though.

MattyKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to see what kind of texture packs are to come in the upcoming months / years.

So glad to see PCSX2 proceeding to add new features and clean up their code these past few years and for all the work everyone does that contributes to the progress of emulation in general.

Thanks for the HD texture pack group.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Seems pretty promising, this would be extra swell on the Steam Deck.
Unfortunately, most of the games I would like a texture pack for, are way too niche or "mediocre" to get that treatment.
On the one hand, I'm amazed that you would see an announcement like this and say "no, I don't want to participate"
On the other hand, this is GBATemp; of course you're only looking out for yourself and not how you could help make the mediocre, niche games you want updated, get updated.

EDIT: y'know what? It's stupid that I get so angry about other people's video games. I apologize to everyone, and I'm out.

Last edited by sloppycrap,
  • Sad
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
On the one hand, I'm amazed that you would see an announcement like this and say "no, I don't want to participate"
On the other hand, this is GBATemp; of course you're only looking out for yourself and not how you could help make the mediocre, niche games you want updated, get updated.

EDIT: y'know what? It's stupid that I get so angry about other people's video games. I apologize to everyone, and I'm out.
You must have misunderstood my comment.

I never said this wasn't a good thing, quite the contrary? Only made a light remark at the end. I was not complaining about any of this. You need to take it easy.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Since PCSX2 got support for texture dumping and replacement a few weeks ago, there's been a flood of HD texture packs being produced by the community. Unfortunately, unlike other emulators such as Dolphin and PPSSPP, PCSX2 doesn't have a centralized location on its website for these and, with nowhere else for creators to put them, I've noticed them clogging up other areas of discussion, such as the r/emulation subreddit. To that end, I've created the PCSX2 HD texture pack group here on GBAtemp, so that we can collect all of them in one convenient location. You can join that group here, or at the link below.

To get things started, here are some of the projects that have been popping up lately:
:arrow: PCSX2 HD texture pack group
Kudos on the ingenuity of your idea... It feels pretty nice to be able to play PS2 games from my childhood scaled up in HD w/ hi--res textures to match.

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm working on a Family Guy - The Game! for ps2
Xbox Button Replacement pack which i'll be uploading in the next few days.
it's my first texture pack, so hope you guys will enjoy it :)

Attachments

• screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 74

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyFoWftIDXg