Perfect Dark NTSC decompilation is now complete

1666017067870.png

The status of the Perfect Dark decompilation, which was previously mentioned to be at 97%, has now reach its completion for the NTSC versions of the game.

Despite what the project status page depicts, the percentage of the NTSC versions, both the NTSC 1.0 and NTSC-Final, of Perfect Dark have been fully decompiled, but the reason why the status doesn't reflect the 100% percentage is due to some functions not being a byte-by-byte match to the original game's functions, but according to the developers, said mismatching functions are "functionally the same".

With this, a PC port could be expected later on to be worked on based on the NTSC version (most likely the Final one), as was the case with both Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
:arrow: Source
:arrow: Project's Status page

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy in the Twitter post is fun to watch. He streams Golden Eye and Perfect Dark. I once got into one of his Perfect Dark multiplayer matches, and got my ass kicked. :P

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should have been Goldeneye 007...
As noted elsewhere it is on the cards.
That said why? Perfect Dark can do all the same things (even has some of the same levels, bunch of the weapons and could probably be turned back into with about as much effort as most between engine ports) as well as a whole load of really nice things like co-op single player, counter op (though that might take more effort), bots in multiplayer (don't know if the bots use premade pathing or are more on the fly), bunch more options in multiplayer...
History has seen fit to have Perfect Dark be the lesser remembered game (granted not as much as the other James Bond games that generation) but it is the superior game in basically every way that matters, even more so with the code available to dodge the slowdowns.

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Video game decomps have been flying out the door since Super Mario 64 got decompiled. I'm curious to see what incredible things people do with this game given some time.
So many decomps but for my systems only have the supermario 64 port from my ps2 and 3ds. The others you mention only exists in pc format,I know this decomp its recently release but for other decomps than have much time there,doesnt exist for example zelda ocarina port for 3ds and ps2.

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As noted elsewhere it is on the cards.
That said why? Perfect Dark can do all the same things (even has some of the same levels, bunch of the weapons and could probably be turned back into with about as much effort as most between engine ports) as well as a whole load of really nice things like co-op single player, counter op (though that might take more effort), bots in multiplayer (don't know if the bots use premade pathing or are more on the fly), bunch more options in multiplayer...
History has seen fit to have Perfect Dark be the lesser remembered game (granted not as much as the other James Bond games that generation) but it is the superior game in basically every way that matters, even more so with the code available to dodge the slowdowns.

You are totally right. Though, Goldeneye was the first "real" experience with a 3D shooter on a console. Many people still remember it as one of the best games for the N64 ever. Definitely, Perfect Dark was much better, but the genre wasn't that new anymore. I personally didn't like the alien things in Perfect Dark either. Shooting bots was awesone.
Though, I do have an Xbox360 with Goldeneye XBLA. I was so excited to finally play this game with descent controls and higher graphics, but got a bit disappointed, as the memories are much better to keep than the new "real thing".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It takes me 3 hours every week to cut my grass, and I have to have music playing, not to mention the noise canceling earbuds, so I don't have to hear that lawnmower noise. I do play iHeart radio often also when get board of my music.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I weird for only listening to game music?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh its whatever you like to hear. Is it weird, I'm a 50 year old that mostly listens to old school hip hop?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shoot the duck free meal +1