Hacking Persona 3 Portable - No Ghetto Music Mod (vita)

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(OFF TOPIC - the Graphic Packs, on a per file basis, should be able to overwrite the original files, and added to the game .iso...........may not work, but the same method is done with a music mod.......... the "eboot.bin" checks already fixed for many games using..........unequal file sizes in same relative format, below is an example)

Persona 3 Portable ........ Music Mod ........... Yes you can do this right now with any music packs you find, I won't be finished for another day or 2 or 3 .......... with my music package specifically:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bBgcMdpyDL6XfR3vpoBWkdz94SGu1A5F/view?usp=sharing

1. (using UMD DUMP of game.iso) Personal 3 Portable, use UMDGEN, get the "umk0.cpk" file
2. use "CriPakTools"_x64" to unpack "umk0.cpk"..........you get the "data" folder (this is where you can replace the music files)
3. use "crifilesystem - CPK MAKER"...............add your "data" folder into that folder, "crifilesystem - CPK MAKER" with your replaced new audio files, and double click "CPK MAKER"
4. use "UMDGEN" and add the "umk0.cpk" file replacing the one in the .iso of persona 3 portable you opened, and SAVE

Play your new Persona 3 Portable Game in your Vita
----My Music Pack Isn't Finished Yet!

Notes*
"cpkmaker" would not build in the "ModCompendium", which requires ".net 4.6.2" or ".net 4.8"........you have to uninstall any version of .net higher, then .net 4.6.2 or it won' work if you use that version, its just a buggy program.....(fortunately just a batch file change got it to work in the above setup)......the "persona3portable.csv" file in the "crifilesystem" was made using "CpkFilelistDumper" if you want to do something with another game on the vita............."ModCompendium" could be made to work, the .exe for "cpkmaker".................i'm not sure what else is install with that on the pc, anyway not important, found a working method anyway, in the above 4 steps
(You should be able to just replace the lower resolution graphics with some higher ones from a enhancement package for persona3portable, using the same setup above..................I did test replacing the default audio with the default audio because not finished, and the game does work) (I'll check back on this in a day or a few days) (Hopefully with my finished NO GHETTO MUSIC PACK)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persona 3 No Ghetto Release
(if in the "crifilesystem - CPK MAKER", folder, when you double click "CPK MAKER.bat", it says it can't find the folder, try renaming the folder to just "crifilesystem")

(Persona 3 and 4, have ghetto music, with Persona 3 in particular most of the music doesn't fit in the game or its theme, and so there a whole bunch of music patches for the game by fans)

the patch is made of music from these free music packs:
"persona 1 music " (from psp)
"Reincarnation BGM Portable"
"PSP P5 OST" (from PS5)

(Data Files for Manuel Method from OP)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1btiwGpDqFppseiVbDP0e57MRwgCm5NgX/view?usp=sharing

XDelta Patcher (for the umd version.iso of Persona 3 Portable)
romhacking.net/utilities/598/
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gm_9IR9KYhqnSWdPdft0rYbNCuBCX_x-/view?usp=sharing

Use (USA version of Game for Patch/scene release)
ADX Converter & Player................you can compare the music in this release against the original audio files in your .iso game. Personal 3 Portable is a Nice Game, the Soundtrack, just is not.................(the battle music should be tracks 26 and 122, if i'm not mistaken)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)