Persona 3 Portable rumored to be getting a multiplatform remaster

MV5BNjBhYWM5ZmMtZTIxZC00ZGVlLWE4ZWUtY2VkZmIyZWY5YTg2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTE2NDMwNTM@._V1_.jpg

Atlus started celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Persona series this September, and will continue to make announcements through Fall of 2022. While the first few announcements were relatively light - new pieces of merchandise like clothing, and a $400 vinyl box set of remastered soundtracks for every mainline entry - December 9 saw the first major announcement take place at The Game Awards, a remaster of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax coming in early 2022.

Interestingly, this news was leaked by blogger Zippo back in July, who accurately predicted the remaster. Of course, Ultimax was noticeably absent from modern platforms, not even being backwards compatible on the Xbox One as its predecessor was, so it could be considered an obvious prediction. Regardless, he predicted that only Ultimax would be coming, rather than both Arena titles, and the release would be next year.

On the night of The Game Awards, Zippo posted again, first gloating about his proven prediction, then casually mentioning "Oh, and Persona 3 Portable is getting a remaster. Multiplatform."

This release would be significant as fans have been clamoring for a Persona 3 Portable release for years, and Atlus has hardly acknowledged the game since its release in 2009. Despite missing the visual flair and explorable 3D environments outside of dungeons of the console release, Portable is often considered the best way to play Persona 3 due to the ability to control each party member, plus the addition of an alternate protagonist who alters much of the game's dialogue and story events, something no other Persona game has featured.

:arrow: Source

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
a remaster of the worst version of P3P a literal VN with no 3d overworld and no cutscenes.
They are also calling the Arena one a remaster so P3P will be a lateral port of a psp game

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When a rumor of a game is announced and people bitch about what version is better like I thought were are adults not babies. Im glad that theres an ignore button...

There are pros and cons with both. The portable version's female OST is amazing. But the VN design takes you out of the atmosphere a bit.

Reactions: Cris1997XX

Vergeeley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
FES cutscenes + Fast travel and controllable party from Portable and you can already call it Definitive Edition
Shouldn't be too hard to implement. However, I wonder what treatment FeMC would get.

barnacleq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this is true then a lot of people are gonna experience p3 for the first time in the worst possible way. P3P looks horrible and is extremely boring without any cutscenes or 3d environments.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.