Persona 5: Scramble - The Phantom Strikers gets new gameplay trailer

When the latest Persona spin-off was announced, fans were left in shock, previously believing the game to be a sequel to the Persona Arena series, or perhaps a port of Persona 5 to the Nintendo Switch. Instead, we got the reveal of a Koei Tecmo “Musou” style title: Persona 5: Scramble - The Phantom Strikers. Since then, information has been sparse, with not much else being known other than it being an action hack ‘n slash game featuring the Persona 5 cast. Atlus has graced the Internet with a new trailer, however, showing off some new gameplay, featuring cutscenes, new characters, stealth elements, and more. You can check the trailer out to tide yourself over until the Japanese version launches on February 20, 2020.

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
The only Persona game the Switch will ever get is Tokyo mirage sessions and that's a censored mess

At least the style of P5 is intact and isn't a completely mindless button masser, I get the disappointment but this looks pretty hyp----WHERE IS SMT5?!

Last edited by Something whatever,

Sansgaming420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because Atlus did not want to port P5R to the Switch (I would rather it be on Steam anyways) does not mean this game is going to be bad. This trailer looked awesome. I hope they have characters from all the previous Persona games in this, especially since these warriors style games always have a ton of playable characters.

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion
2D animation: looks great
3D cutscenes: Better then a lot of other warrior games
Surroundings: looks great (definitely during down time)
Fighting: different.... needs some work
Platforming(?): I really don’t know how this works just by looking at gameplay...

D

Deleted User

The only hack-and-slash that I've personally put more than, say, 20 hours into is Hyrule Warriors, but this looks kinda interesting. Well, Fire Emblem Warriors is still on my backlog.

Reactions: Owenge

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jesus, so much negativity and toxicity in this thread. Want to play P5? Go buy a PS3 or PS4. If you have those consoles, chances are you already played it. I would much rather they make a new game with new content than them just porting the same game.

Having a new game on Switch literally has zero con. You don't like this game? Then don't buy it. There are plenty of people who will enjoy this on the Switch, and judging by the huge number of likes and very little dislikes on the new trailer, a lot of people are super hyped about it. Your salty tears won't change a thing.

Last edited by simsimsim,
Reactions: Owenge

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Reactions: relauby

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of easily porting main game to the switch they are reusing models from persona 5 to make a shitty dynasty warriors clone. Could have made p q2 for switch too nope. Do altus have a sony contract where they can only release mainline persona games to playstation?
It still looks interesting keeping its Phantom thieves style of gameplay intact. But yeah I understand the disappointment, but Sony is Sony
they want the main Persona games to be exclusive.
TBH it is pretty weird the situation with the persona series. If you look at the top of the box of the game it lacks the "only on playstation" bit at the top to show whether it is a ps4 exclusive or not yet atlus seem so adiment towards not evening giving the slightest glimmer of hope.
Persona-5
_-Bloodborne-PS4-_.jpg

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, so much negativity and toxicity in this thread. Want to play P5? Go buy a PS3 or PS4. If you have those consoles, chances are you already played it. I would much rather they make a new game with new content than them just porting the same game.

Having a new game on Switch literally has zero con. You don't like this game? Then don't buy it. There are plenty of people who will enjoy this on the Switch, and judging by the huge number of likes and very little dislikes on the new trailer, a lot of people are super hyped about it. Your salty tears won't change a thing.

Yeah, people who have a PS4 are praising the game right now, but those of us who know that, with enough work, Persona 5 Royal would work on the Switch just fine are going to either YT the extra stuff that should have been in the game in the initial release, or wait for the PS5 to play the game via what will hopefully be native BC, but otherwise, there's plenty of games to play, and everything. There wouldn't even be a problem with this game if Persona 5 (preferably the Royal) came out alongside it on Switch at some point, but it isn't as far as we know, and it makes Joker's inclusion in Smash Ultimate all the more confusing by not having his main game come to the console Smash Ultimate is on!

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, people who have a PS4 are praising the game right now, but those of us who know that, with enough work, Persona 5 Royal would work on the Switch just fine are going to either YT the extra stuff that should have been in the game in the initial release, or wait for the PS5 to play the game via what will hopefully be native BC, but otherwise, there's plenty of games to play, and everything. There wouldn't even be a problem with this game if Persona 5 (preferably the Royal) came out alongside it on Switch at some point, but it isn't as far as we know, and it makes Joker's inclusion in Smash Ultimate all the more confusing by not having his main game come to the console Smash Ultimate is on!
it's probably just a way for Atlus to promote their game/franchise. A huge number of people play Smash and some in the West might never have heard of/played the Persona series but could get some exposure with the addition of Joker. Atlus might have wanted to port the game to Switch too but they might have some behind-the-door deals with Sony preventing them from doing this.
Anyway, it would be great to have P5 or P5R on the Switch, like I said, there's zero harm for having one more releases on the Switch. But there's zero point in trashing this game before it even came out just because people are not getting the port they want.

Reactions: Pipistrele

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this rate they will beat Street Fighter II on the number of spinoff games.
I have no clue why people refer to all games made by Koei Tecmo & Omega force as "spinoff" of Dynasty Warriors. Games like Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors have absolutely NOTHING to do with the DW series other than being made by the same dev team and borrowing some gameplay elements. Phantom Thieves Scramble did not "spinoff" from Dynasty Warriors, they literally have nothing to do with each other world/storywise.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have no clue why people refer to all games made by Koei Tecmo & Omega force as "spinoff" of Dynasty Warriors. Games like Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors have absolutely NOTHING to do with the DW series other than being made by the same dev team and borrowing some gameplay elements. Phantom Thieves Scramble did not "spinoff" from Dynasty Warriors, they literally have nothing to do with each other world/storywise.

Do you know how to read?

All these games are called "Persona 5 plus something else" so they are spinoff games of Persona 5.

Street Fighter II was infamous for having several games called "Street Fighter II plus something else".

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH it is pretty weird the situation with the persona series. If you look at the top of the box of the game it lacks the "only on playstation" bit at the top to show whether it is a ps4 exclusive or not yet atlus seem so adiment towards not evening giving the slightest glimmer of hope.
Persona-5
_-Bloodborne-PS4-_.jpg
It's more of a contract dog leash situation between Atlus/Sony than a title label. I guess you can say its a tradition to keep the main Persona titles among Sony platforms since the ps2.
The good thing about Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors skin games is that modders will use their character models to port in other games such as DOA5/6 and SFV. Anyway the spinoff isn't suppose to have any relation to DW its just using DW's gameplay style while playing as the P5 crew and staying true to their story. The hype/praise come from those who want to play their favorite characters unchained from a turnbase play.

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: Deleted User

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more of a contract dog leash situation between Atlus/Sony than a title label. I guess you can say its a tradition to keep the main Persona titles among Sony platforms since the ps2.

The good thing about Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors skin games is that modders will use their character models to port in other games such as DOA5/6 and SFV. Anyway the spinoff isn't suppose to have any relation to DW its just using DW's gameplay style while playing as the P5 crew and staying true to their story. The hype/praise come from those who want to play their favorite characters unchained from a turnbase play.
Hearing that I think of the Hatsune Miku: Project Diva series(it's exclusivity contract recently lapsed hense it coming to the switch now, it also only applied to project diva hense how we got the Project Mirai games on 3DS) but even in that case there covers had the only on PS4 spiel on the box. I assume you mean they have something a little more underhanded going on to force there hand rather then something legitimate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Considering the original release ran on the PS3 just fine for the most part(slight slowdown with large crowds but nothing horrible) there really is no good excuse why it couldn't work on switch. There must be something else going on or they are waiting to just put royal on the switch instead of the base game.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hearing that I think of the Hatsune Miku: Project Diva series(it's exclusivity contract recently lapsed hense it coming to the switch now, it also only applied to project diva hense how we got the Project Mirai games on 3DS) but even in that case there covers had the only on PS4 spiel on the box. I assume you mean they have something a little more underhanded going on to force there hand rather then something legitimate.
Exclusive titles usually never have spinoffs on other plats as well, but from P5's standpoint I would assume it doesn't have an exclusive label simply b/c it has spinoffs.
At this point all we can assume is that either Atlus has agreed on keeping its main Persona story based games within the PS consoles or Sony is paying them more money to keep it that way as it helps sell their consoles. I mean Lets face it P3 Fes/P4 Golden could have easily been ported to the Switch by now but instead we get a hack/slash spinoff.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exclusive titles usually never have spinoffs on other plats as well, but from P5's standpoint I would assume it doesn't have an exclusive label simply b/c it has spinoffs.
At this point all we can assume is that either Atlus has agreed on keeping its main Persona story based games within the PS consoles or Sony is paying them more money to keep it that way as it helps sell their consoles. I mean Lets face it P3 Fes/P4 Golden could have easily been ported to the Switch by now but instead we get a hack/slash spinoff.
The Project Diva series having a "spinoff" in the form of Project Mirai kinda puts a dent in that. Spinoffs usually being the devs way of escaping there contract a little but in situations where they are locked down.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who wanted a switch port, look at the bright side. If this sells really well on the switch, I don't know why they wouldn't do that eventually.

This looks awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good