Persona 5: Scramble - The Phantom Strikers gets new gameplay trailer

When the latest Persona spin-off was announced, fans were left in shock, previously believing the game to be a sequel to the Persona Arena series, or perhaps a port of Persona 5 to the Nintendo Switch. Instead, we got the reveal of a Koei Tecmo “Musou” style title: Persona 5: Scramble - The Phantom Strikers. Since then, information has been sparse, with not much else being known other than it being an action hack ‘n slash game featuring the Persona 5 cast. Atlus has graced the Internet with a new trailer, however, showing off some new gameplay, featuring cutscenes, new characters, stealth elements, and more. You can check the trailer out to tide yourself over until the Japanese version launches on February 20, 2020.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who wanted a switch port, look at the bright side. If this sells really well on the switch, I don't know why they wouldn't do that eventually.

This looks awesome.
Considering the Playstation line of portables is dead the switch kinda fills that void well of being a modestly specked portable. The SAO games coming to switch being a good example of this. So at the very least the portable ports Atlus do after awhile of there games are more likely to be on the switch now with the vita/psp out of the picture at the very least.
Most likely by choice or something under handed. It lacks the "only on playstation" bit on the cover of playstation exclusives. I honestly don't get why they won't just do the port, it's not like it would be all that hard.

Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the Playstation line of portables is dead the switch kinda fills that void well of being a modestly specked portable. The SAO games coming to switch being a good example of this. So at the very least the portable ports Atlus do after awhile of there games are more likely to be on the switch now with the vita/psp out of the picture at the very least.

Most likely by choice or something under handed. It lacks the "only on playstation" bit on the cover of playstation exclusives. I honestly don't get why they won't just do the port, it's not like it would be all that hard.

From what I understand (and I could easily be wrong), it has to do with a timed exclusivity deal that sony had with Atlus where they would help with the localization process and bringing it to the U.S. While persona 5 has to be exclusive for a period of time to PlayStation devices. That's why it never came to PC or xbox one either. ( I remember hearing about that in 2014 during PlayStation experience event when they announced the western releases of persona 5)

Last edited by kingtut,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand (and I could easily be wrong), it has to do with a timed exclusivity deal that sony had with Atlus where they would help with the localization process and bringing it to the U.S. While persona 5 has to be exclusive for a period of time to PlayStation devices. That's why it never came to PC or xbox one either. ( I remember hearing about that in 2014 during PlayStation experience event when they announced the western releases of persona 5)
Then chances are they would have included a "play it first on ps4" bit in the advertisements like the FFVII remake does...it's all around weird what the story is with this game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi