Persona 5 Western release date announced

p5.JPG
Today ATLUS announced that Persona 5 will be released on February 14th in the US. Full press release below:

IRVINE, Calif. - June 7, 2016 - The jig is up for the Phantom Thieves on February 14, 2017, when the next numbered entry in the award-winning Persona series makes its debut in the Americas. ATLUS’ Persona Japanese role-playing game series will be released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 consoles, and is available to pre-order now. Besides the PS3 game there will be a special PS4 SteelBook® Launch Edition as well as a limited “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition. Find out more details here:atlus.com/persona5.

The details of the two limited PS4 editions of the games are:

SteelBook Launch Edition - PlayStation 4 only ($59.99/CA$79.99)

Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.

• SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition - PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)

Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:

• Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
  • Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member—and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4" plush of Morgana.
  • 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
  • SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
  • School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
  • Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students - the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game’s story - who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler: attending class, after-school activities, and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self”; the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and using it to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern society wears.

Persona 5 will release on Feb. 14, 2017 in the Americas, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Pre-orders are now available at participating retailers. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information, please visit the official website, atlus.com/persona5
P5_Premium_Glamshot_Final.jpg P5_PS4_SteelBook_Glamshot_FINAL.jpg

:arrow:Persona 5 Official Site

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god... this means I have 5 months to try and avoid any spoilers. Well... so far I've yet to read anything about Steins;Gate 0, which has much more mysteries and plot-twists, so hopefully the same thing will happen here. I was really hoping for a worldwide release, though... now the only PS4 game I want to play this year is FFXV. That's a lot of money to spend for just one game over 5 months...

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Western date annouced=NA only.

Seems just like Atlus, staff here forget EU is in the west as well.
Atlus has never had good luck in Europe. They don't even have a Europe office afaik. Your best bet is to import the NA version.

Oh god... this means I have 5 months to try and avoid any spoilers. Well... so far I've yet to read anything about Steins;Gate 0, which has much more mysteries and plot-twists, so hopefully the same thing will happen here. I was really hoping for a worldwide release, though... now the only PS4 game I want to play this year is FFXV. That's a lot of money to spend for just one game over 5 months...
I know how you feel! Although highly unlikely, I'm hoping the JP version can at least have English subs, that would be great.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how you feel! Although highly unlikely, I'm hoping the JP version can at least have English subs, that would be great.
Honestly, if the Japanese version had English subs there's little point to having the NA release. Most people (fans, at least) would not wait 5 months just for English voices.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if the Japanese version had English subs there's little point to having the NA release. Most people (fans, at least) would not wait 5 months just for English voices.
I would definitely replay the NA version. Persona games have amazing dubs.

We'll see what happens though.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sprung out of bed thinking that February 23rd was in two weeks..
Don't go to be at 5am and then wake up at Noon, kids..

NORBIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Words cannot describe my excitement ;A;

It's a long wait but at least we actually have some confirmation now.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the Take Your Heart edition at Gamestop
sent to the store, so i only had to pay 10 instead of the full 90 now :D

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pray that Sega can force Atlus to start upping their PC game so I can play this. I know they've expressed interest in the past but Atlus has resisted so far. Beyond that, I just hope this game can live up to the hype after years of delays. Personally, I'm a bit skeptical in spite of the awesome visual design. Something about all the recent trailers underwhelmed me but I just can't put my finger on what it is.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm super hype for this. I started playing 3 I think it was because I picked up Persona Q, but never got around to it. Haven't played to many SMT games either, it's more the concept that I'm into. I love JRPGs with visual novel style dialogue scenes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU