Persona 5 Western release date announced

p5.JPG
Today ATLUS announced that Persona 5 will be released on February 14th in the US. Full press release below:

IRVINE, Calif. - June 7, 2016 - The jig is up for the Phantom Thieves on February 14, 2017, when the next numbered entry in the award-winning Persona series makes its debut in the Americas. ATLUS’ Persona Japanese role-playing game series will be released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 consoles, and is available to pre-order now. Besides the PS3 game there will be a special PS4 SteelBook® Launch Edition as well as a limited “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition. Find out more details here:atlus.com/persona5.

The details of the two limited PS4 editions of the games are:

SteelBook Launch Edition - PlayStation 4 only ($59.99/CA$79.99)

Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.

• SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition - PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)

Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:

• Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
  • Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member—and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4" plush of Morgana.
  • 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
  • SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
  • School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
  • Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students - the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game’s story - who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler: attending class, after-school activities, and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self”; the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and using it to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern society wears.

Persona 5 will release on Feb. 14, 2017 in the Americas, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Pre-orders are now available at participating retailers. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information, please visit the official website, atlus.com/persona5
P5_Premium_Glamshot_Final.jpg P5_PS4_SteelBook_Glamshot_FINAL.jpg

:arrow:Persona 5 Official Site

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
ss+(2016-06-07+at+10.09.43).jpg

I don't know what I expected...

Is this game good? I heard most games like this wasn't easy.
This is probably one of the best JRPGs out there. 1/2 are more akin to dungeon crawlers, while 3/4 are more traditional. The PS2 version of 3 might be a little challenging at times, but I don't think these games are difficult in the slightest.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 52044
I don't know what I expected...

This is probably one of the best JRPGs out there. 1/2 are more akin to dungeon crawlers, while 3/4 are more traditional. The PS2 version of 3 might be a little challenging at times, but I don't think these games are difficult in the slightest.
It sold out already?! Ahhh!
Amazon's my go to place due to the price (Prime) ;-;

Reactions: Chary

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atlus was bought out by SEGA a few years ago, so they probably have control over publishing rights in the States.
Oh, I didn't know that, It also says music of "Acid Jazz" Not that i know what that is, but if its anything like jet set radio music, i hope is good stuff, with sega seeing is behind the game somehow, it seem likely.

As for me i only remember playing one game on ps2 (I think is the only one that included dante from devil may cry) It was some shirtless guy with tatoos on, and you had to capture monsters, almost like the dragon warrior monsters game, but much harder, the game was confusing and i always get lost easy, and it hardly made any sense, Anyone know what im talking about?

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't know that, It also says music of "Acid Jazz" Not that i know what that is, but if its anything like jet set radio music, i hope is good stuff, with sega seeing is behind the game somehow, it seem likely.

As for me i only remember playing one game on ps2 (I think is the only one that included dante from devil may cry) It was some shirtless guy with tatoos on, and you had to capture monsters, almost like the dragon warrior monsters game, but much harder, the game was confusing and i always get lost easy, and it hardly made any sense, Anyone know what im talking about?
That's SMT nocturne. Mainline smt is much harder than the persona games.

Super hyped for this. I trust atlus to make more LEs

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's SMT nocturne. Mainline smt is much harder than the persona games.

Super hyped for this. I trust atlus to make more LEs

So Maybe it was a bad choice to start with i guess. I dunno, I just had it in the house, and said "ante from devil may cry is in it? Let me play this." I did get to see him but i never beat him, an it took months. It remind me of classic phantasy star games on genesis, so slow, tedious hard battles and easy to get lost. I wish sega make a phantasy star hd collection for the first four games and make it easier to play than the original genesis ones.

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else get the feeling that they are going to do a single print of the ps3 version and then ignore it? It seems like they are putting a lot of production effort into the steelbook and collector's editions for the ps4 version.
While I'm at it, I'm kind of sad to see that there isn't a non-steelbook release of the ps4 version at launch, since I oddly prefer the plastic cases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.