Persona 5R teased, full reveal to come next year

Ever since the domain name for "P5R" was registered by Atlus in early 2017, rumors have been floating around, talking about a potential definitive edition of Persona 5. On December 30th, Atlus stole fans' hearts when they gave an incredibly vague trailer for Persona 5R. All that's known at this time is that Persona 5R is real, and that a full reveal will happen in March 2019.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... here comes the complaining. I'm a switch user myself and I don't own a PS4. But let them have this one please. We already have Joker for smash (which I see as a fair compromise).
"You can't complain about games not coming to the switch!"

Jesus christ, this is your actual switch user. Imagine being okay with not getting major AAA titles.

switchcucks everyone

Last edited by DuoForce,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't complain about games not coming to the switch!

Jesus christ, this is your actual switch user. Imagine being okay with not getting major AAA titles.

switchcucks everyone
:rofl2: Did you read any of my comment? I was complaining about the fact switch owners would be complaining about not getting this. Jesus christ. :rofl2:

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Why would you complain about Switch owners being upset over not getting major AAA games?
Well mainly because we have had a lot of exclusives quite recently. And there's people out there who believe everything should be on the switch. I mean. Persona would be cool to play on the go. I'm not too bothered about it not coming to switch.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well mainly because we have had a lot of exclusives quite recently. And there's people out there who believe everything should be on the switch. I mean. Persona would be cool to play on the go. I'm not too bothered about it not coming to switch.
I'd like it on Switch myself. There's no reason not to have it if they'll port it. This isn't some shitty battle royal or poorly optimized indie cash grab, this is a major title from a big publisher. Yeah Nintendo always has some great exclusives but that's no reason we shouldn't want major releases on the Switch.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,
Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like it on Switch myself. There's no reason not to have it if they'll port it. This isn't some shitty battle royal or poorly optimized indie cash grab, this is a major title from a big publisher. Yeah Nintendo always has some great exclusives but that's no reason we shouldn't want major releases on the Switch.
Fair enough I perfectly understand that. It's just that not everything can be on the switch. We certainly wish that were the case but it's unfortunately not.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two possibilities here.

Either it'll be a enhanced version of Persona 5, and comes out on Switch - and I'll care. Been meaning to try it, but... I don't have a PlayStation.
Or (and the more likely of the two) it'll not be on the Switch, and/or be anything else, eg a spinoff - and I won't care.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have P5 on my ps3 and need to dust it off and actually beat the game... don't desire to buy a ps4 any time soon since i got a switch recently over the holidays and have been really enjoying it, but this and KH3 are kinda making want to go for one.
a used ps4 (non pro) should be relatively cheap and anyone could get one (especially by the time this hits in the states or EU) so no real reason to complain about it not coming to the switch, that said would not complain at all if it came to the switch.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too little information to tell what's going on, and my Japanese ain't good enough outside of the typical Nanis, Bakas, Bakanas, Sokas, Yare Yare Daze's, MUDAMUDAMUDAs, Ichis, Umai Niku's...

...Damn, I may not know much Japanese, but I certainly wish I did!

Either way, hoping this is an enhanced port coming to the Switch at some point, but I'm not holding my breath after seeing the PS logo at the beginning. Of course, it could be Persona 5 Arena, and while I'd be excited, it'd certainly leave me asking, "Ummm...Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 3 when, Ishiwatari-Sama?"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You and I must have a different definition of "exclusive" when it comes to core gaming. An exclusive atm, IMO, is Super Mario Odyssey. What is NOT an exclusive is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros. U, Zelda BOTW, Bayonetta 1 and 2, and the many, many remastered ports, some of which are exclusive to company platforms, with others coming to multiple systems. I know, that's quite the strict definition, but when you have remasters, remakes, ports, namemakes (where they call something the same name as the original to try and not alienate newcomers when anyone with a phone can look up and see that DOOM 2016 is the 4th mainline Doom game, with Doom 64 being a spin-off and not counting in the main "continuity" of the Doom series, which really only occurs with the first two games and maybe this one and Eternal (or Doom 5) if we're being honest here), "updated" versions (like DMC4: Special Edition), it's important to have clear, defined descriptions on what is what, what it isn't, why it's called what it is, and any other details of thinking in terms of classification that makes me feel like I'm turning into Darwin trying to come up with how to organize the various animal kingdoms and species and whatnot.

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,
Reactions: tbb043

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Atlus also register p5s.jp, p5AG.jp, persona6.jp to Persona10.jp and other more. All of them are from Atlus because it is registered by the same company that registers pq2.jp and p5r.jp

Source:https://whois.jprs.jp/en/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Atlus also register p5s.jp, p5AG.jp, persona6.jp to Persona10.jp and other more. All of them are from Atlus because it is registered by the same company that registers pq2.jp and p5r.jp

Source:https://whois.jprs.jp/en/

On the other hand Bandai is launching a complete port of his last two Sword Art Online games for Nintendo Switch called " Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition and Fatal Bullet Complete Edition", but Nintendo has not said anything. But Bandai has already put the Nintendo Switch logo on their respective game sites

http://hr.sao-game.jp
https://fb.sao-game.jp

I'm thinking that Nintendo did some business with the developed videogame companies so they would not announce the Nintendo console games, until Nintendo does it first.

Last edited by Xmortal,

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You and I must have a different definition of "exclusive" when it comes to core gaming. An exclusive atm, IMO, is Super Mario Odyssey. What is NOT an exclusive is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros. U, Zelda BOTW, Bayonetta 1 and 2, and the many, many remastered ports, some of which are exclusive to company platforms, with others coming to multiple systems.

You and I seem to have the same definition of exclusive (the correct one:)).

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    +1
    I modified a switch in a bathroom one time by wiping poop on it... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been noticing it more these days alot has to do with coperation attitude manipulation people work in it so long they think it's a good way to live
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A true Switch genius.
    +2
    Ken secret tactic to expose them, "I was told you where a really bad person, now I'm not so sure." Watch who they tear into, that's the person who is doing that crap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just say this person said this about you and let it play out
    Fight lies with truth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't want me to snitch don't treat me any different
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, new version of rock paper scissors: truth lies
    hipocrisy
    +1
    My ex fiance was a master liar, manipulator and hypocrite. An actual diagnosed psychopath.
    They are not even human in my opinion.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because I said you were big that one time you believed me
    +1
    The shameful part is, I fell so in love with her mask. If I could find the real woman she pretended to be I would die for her without a moments hesitation.
    Truly loved what was never there
    I would have fought demons, gods, armies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Be gentle, I've never done this before." What, biatch you got 3 kids already. Lol, I know loves sucks hard when bad, but really good when good.
    +2
    Lol BigOnYa I hear "I don't usually do sex on the first date" like every 2 to 3 weeks now...
    +1
    I never quite know how to respond lol
    Apparently saying nothing is the correct response lol
    I know they be lying but damn I need something
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You say " is your boyfriend gonna stay and watch, or should I call A cab for him"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You say " is your boyfriend gonna stay and watch, or should I call A cab for him"