Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be for the real game, you can barely play on most ppsspp versions anyway.
Possibly if you had a controller but the graphics seem to glitch alot

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to. I'd want nothing more than to see this project be completed.

It's just simply comparing japanese sentences to translated english ones and inserting them into the file, correct? I could possibly help with that, although I know little to no japanese.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind the extra help but it might be difficult if you have limited Japanese.
Though at some point I was going to extract the English text files for episode one from the US/EUR release which may be easier than pulling from the guide since you just need to pair the files so they can be swapped

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is anything at all that I could assist with, I'll give it a shot. If anything, I know a few people who'd assist me with it if I were to join your project.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is anything at all that I could assist with, I'll give it a shot. If anything, I know a few people who'd assist me with it if I were to join your project.

If your willing to give it a shot give me a few days and I'll send you the English and Japanese scripts for the Episode 1 cutscenes and you can try to pair them up

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Chances are it'll work on a real copy. Well, an ISO copy. Could maybe make it work on a physical copy in the same way you can make the War of the Lions speed-up patch work on a physical copy.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are it'll work on a real copy. Well, an ISO copy. Could maybe make it work on a physical copy in the same way you can make the War of the Lions speed-up patch work on a physical copy.

I don't have enough skill to make a plugin patch so unfortunately it'll need a patched iso

KanameChidori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite busy but if I find the time I might be able to help out. I was on the FF Type-0 translation team for several months which gives me some experience with doing a patch on the PSP. Though I believe we did things differently than this. We had huge Docs where we had to highlight our lines, translate them, and change the code such as {[Kupo!]} [{Stations}]things like that.

Reactions: Hargrun

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite busy but if I find the time I might be able to help out. I was on the FF Type-0 translation team for several months which gives me some experience with doing a patch on the PSP. Though I believe we did things differently than this. We had huge Docs where we had to highlight our lines, translate them, and change the code such as {[Kupo!]} [{Stations}]things like that.

I'm currently fixing some bugs with the text extraction but once we've got a proper set of files I can send you a copy if your interested

Reactions: Hargrun

Cursed Kaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is exciting... i wish i can help but i nearly only know around a hundred kanji's..... and i only use JWPce to understand a certain kanji i don't know.. this is really exciting... keep it up ^_^

Reactions: JamRules

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just Googled this and look at that! It all just got started! So I signed up and here I am, offering you my help.
I would like to help you guys, but I don't know any Japanese. If you could fill me in with certain things such as how exactly you replace the text and all that, I could use my basic knowledge of whatever helps and do my best. What I could surely do is re-render the cinematics and add subtitles.
I was about to get started with the game itself, but before that I wanted to make sure I have an English patch applied if there was any. I've beaten PSPo2 though.

Thanks for offering to help, not knowing Japanese could be a problem though.

You might be able to help with other stuff for example not sure what your technical knowledge is like but in terms of the cinematics the game actually .pmfs with soft-subs which is pretty rare I think (PPSSPP doesn't render it) so that needs looking into.

There's also other tasks like checking the translation's grammar/spelling/etc. and doing playthroughs to check it works but it's still too early for that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D