[PHOTOS]Tuesday

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to take a quick walk around Chinatown on my way home today and snap some things (a majority of the pics come one of my favorite hidden parks in the city, running alongside the lake
wub.gif
) ...

1BRn1.jpg

tA5eh.jpg

mCFw8.jpg

YKGYI.jpg

29WxD.jpg

T2GqV.jpg

MdNim.jpg

LITg5.jpg

JlLCX.jpg

aB7ac.jpg

bLNJh.jpg

CnQh8.jpg

vUJU2.jpg

oN9Do.jpg

oJHgW.jpg

TIDFg.jpg

nQaRY.jpg

s0sgp.jpg

CYTJa.jpg

WBzd7.jpg

GMOB2.jpg

uNAvN.jpg

uCYI0.jpg

SlzDc.jpg

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
Nice pictures Martin o:.
You make me want to do something similar
blush.gif
Do ittt! I just decided to take a longer way home today and nab some pics on the way, relatively painless!

QUOTE(Zarcon @ Oct 12 2010, 09:21 PM) You know, the lack of people in all these shots is kind of eerie isn't it?
Yea, the park is tucked away behind a ton of condos but it's really beautiful.

Chinatown of one of my favorite places in Chicago, used to go fishing there as a kid all the time and spent many afternoons hanging out with friends back in high school... It was pretty quiet when I rolled through today though, I went in the afternoon in the middle of the week... blah. I'm used to there being a ton of people out. I might go back later this weekend during night hours to eat with some friends, I'll try to sneak in some snaps here and there!
yay.gif

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
Nice pictures!

Nerd question: How many MP camera is that?
Oh, 12.2 Megapixels, my first time handling this particular camera actually... still don't know if I could've tweaked the settings more to my liking... I just ran out the door with it without consulting the manual...
unsure.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which reminds me I wish I had my camera at school
there was this very beautiful cloud formation at about sunset

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami357 said:
Nice photography. Are you a pro or maybe you've taken some lessons?
Pro?
rofl2.gif

Nope. I took a short 8 week class about a year ago that was for Digital Photo Editing (required for Uni), read a small bit of the textbook, and that's about it. As long as you read up on the basics (rule of thirds, shot composition, etc) you can take some pretty neato pictures yourself. Also, ALWAYS TAKE PICTURES ALWAAAYS. You gotta practice in order to get better, so lug your camera around with you EVERYWHERE and whip it out when you see something cool that you wanna snap and remember.

There's lots of places to learn the basics at online, hell, even Youtube does an excellent job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea