Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
IMO, this is just another revision of hwfly and nothing new: same fpga, same mcu, just different PCB to decrease cost and gain a little more profit. So it is not related to any pico here.
yeah, you have to love their braveness:

1678976077638.png

is a totally changed hwfly, could be you latter couldn't even upgrade it to another firmware nor boot any payload they don't want you to load.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah, you have to love their braveness:

View attachment 359459

is a totally changed hwfly, could be you latter couldn't even upgrade it to another firmware nor boot any payload they don't want you to load.
Upgradable, as listed on page, so it might be a "hwfly store" but is it actually them making it? or someone else using the brand name

🤔

Reactions: impeeza

vittorio

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

qgywibczozfvvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
how to convert file from uf2 to bin ???
Bin is a image of the flash, uf2 is the program section data of the chip.
Post automatically merged:

also there is a set of converting tool but is really no need to convert a UF2 to a bin. By example, picotools (https://github.com/arduino/rp2040tools/releases) UF2Utils (https://github.com/microsoft/uf2/), bin2UF2 (https://github.com/xinabox/bin2uf2/releases) and the very same PicoTool (https://github.com/raspberrypi/picotool)

you can write the bin directly to the flash or use the UF2 to program the chip on bootloader mode. is the same

Reactions: binkinator

Piorjade

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
  • Haha
Reactions: Tafty and impeeza

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense but this has been probably talked about 20 times by now
Probably because it gets lost in the sea of "how do I install this" or "look at the stuff I bought for when it works"
Anyways, if I have this correct, we have 2 uf2's, one from the actual picofly that doesn't boot due to the ID being unique to the pico, and one that boots, but only non-hos payloads?
For anyone that's looked at this in ghidra, have we found the section where the pio is? That's going to most likely be the main communication, since it would effectively allow the pico to bitbang upwards of 100mhz+. I've more or less emulated the gameboy's APU on a pico with heavy pio usage for the audio output. I wouldn't say I'm a pro, but I know how to work with it to an extent.
Lastly, is there any documentation on how this works on the switch side? even if it's at a high level?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Probably because it gets lost in the sea of "how do I install this" or "look at the stuff I bought for when it works"
Anyways, if I have this correct, we have 2 uf2's, one from the actual picofly that doesn't boot due to the ID being unique to the pico, and one that boots, but only non-hos payloads?
For anyone that's looked at this in ghidra, have we found the section where the pio is? That's going to most likely be the main communication, since it would effectively allow the pico to bitbang upwards of 100mhz+. I've more or less emulated the gameboy's APU on a pico with heavy pio usage for the audio output. I wouldn't say I'm a pro, but I know how to work with it to an extent.
Lastly, is there any documentation on how this works on the switch side? even if it's at a high level?

Maybe scattered in this thread

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users