Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got any tips? I'm trying to get a test boot out of this rp2040, I can get to the "no sd card" screen/could not init sd screen, I can't get into hekate! The resistors are 47r (yes I plan on either getting lil guys or an all in one board), basically black screen where hekate should be
@Modzvilleusa i removed my chip and im still getting purple screen a death

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you have a v1 board, here is RST alternative solder point. It's on top of those 2 resistor, gold test points(both 2 same)
Thanks. System decided to not boot up any more and then now the pico chip doesn't turn on any more. I am going to sell it as-is broken for parts. Been there, and done that. 2 times before. Yeah I lose money but I get at least some of it back. This Erista didn't cost a lot. Will have to just use a normal modchip in the future.

FueledSamantha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone got any tips? I'm trying to get a test boot out of this rp2040, I can get to the "no sd card" screen/could not init sd screen, I can't get into hekate! The resistors are 47r (yes I plan on either getting lil guys or an all in one board), basically black screen where hekate should be
Did you rename hekate in the root of the sd card to "payload.bin"?
@Modzvilleusa i removed my chip and im still getting purple screen a death
Might have damaged something during removal, your install was working correctly.
Double check each solder point for damaged pads, shorts or moved caps/resistors.

Reactions: GarnetSunset

Kiuxn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
board detection failed. you can try soldering into console (it is safe), if still no LED light, you can set RGB jumper - this forces rp2040-zero board, but colors might be reversed.

I am still working on a safe board detection method. don't want to make many .uf2 for different
board detection failed. you can try soldering into console (it is safe), if still no LED light, you can set RGB jumper - this forces rp2040-zero board, but colors might be reversed.

I am still working on a safe board detection method. don't want to make many .uf2 for different boards

What is the reason for removing zero that cannot be turned on/bright screen?
Post automatically merged:

I am still working on a safe board detection method. don't want to make many .uf2 for different boards
There are 47 resistors, and emmc display slow mode represents switch hardware failure?

Contra8bit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Post automatically merged:

There are 47 resistors, and emmc display slow mode represents switch hardware failure?
Same on 0.25 and rev1 + rp2040 zero + emmc Samsung. OFW boots fine. Wires soldered to emmc adapter.
Tryed 0.26, but there is no led blinking, training and no NO SD screen (btw can RGB bridge solve the problem in this case?)

Attachments

• LMC12_20230406_002942_md_1.5_s10e.jpg
    LMC12_20230406_002942_md_1.5_s10e.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 64

FueledSamantha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. System decided to not boot up any more and then now the pico chip doesn't turn on any more. I am going to sell it as-is broken for parts. Been there, and done that. 2 times before. Yeah I lose money but I get at least some of it back. This Erista didn't cost a lot. Will have to just use a normal modchip in the future.
this has nothing to do with the modchip u fucked something during ur install attempt .
check ur wiring and the area around it .

u said it urself a few pages back ur rst pad "came off" so u eather solderd it to hot or ripped it off it doesnt just come of this has nothing to do with The Modchip itself it ur insallation.
so it wont change anything when using a "normal Modchip"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: