Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm.. 2.64 shows an odd behavior on my patched Erista. When booting, after glitch succeeds (LED flashes green), the LCD screen turns grayish twice, sometimes thrice, before showing the switch logo. Doesn't show the atmosphere logo anymore either. Also, 2.61 glitches instantly (blue, green, within a second), while 2.64 keeps flashing blue/purple for at least 10 seconds before sometimes doing the gray screen thing and booting.

See .

Last edited by Arakon,

taspankya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I'm about to start on the motherboard. I added pics of what i'm working with for reference.
Few questions:

1) Are the mosfets in my image correct? They say "irh83422tnk". I ordered them because of the "irh8342". I am not familiar with mosfets.
2) If mosfets are correct, should I double them up and follow the "Mariko Dual Mosfet Install Diagram"?
3) My resistors should be good. 47 ohm.
4) Should I be soldering directly to the DAT0, CLK, RST, CMD points on the hac-emmc board OR the ones off the main board? ie: "V1 Patched/V2 Points" diagram

any help is appreciated. i have all the tools and can microsolder pretty well but I am new to the switch.
tia

Attachments

• 20230411_090324.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 20230411_091257.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 20230411_122148.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 41
  • 20230411_122709.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 41

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello, I created a 12 gb emmc partition on a 128 gb micro sd, and when I try to install some files on it, I get that sign, does anyone know what I should do?

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Attachments

• switch.png
    switch.png
    406 KB · Views: 44

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright. I'm about to start on the motherboard. I added pics of what i'm working with for reference.
Few questions:

1) Are the mosfets in my image correct? They say "irh83422tnk". I ordered them because of the "irh8342". I am not familiar with mosfets.
2) If mosfets are correct, should I double them up and follow the "Mariko Dual Mosfet Install Diagram"?
3) My resistors should be good. 47 ohm.
4) Should I be soldering directly to the DAT0, CLK, RST, CMD points on the hac-emmc board OR the ones off the main board? ie: "V1 Patched/V2 Points" diagram

any help is appreciated. i have all the tools and can microsolder pretty well but I am new to the switch.
tia
1. yes
2. u can try with one if it doesnt work and u get blue then cyan use 2
3.yes
4. however u want i would get the pins on the board if u ever have to change the emmc
Post automatically merged:

Hello, I created a 12 gb emmc partition on a 128 gb micro sd, and when I try to install some files on it, I get that sign, does anyone know what I should do?

View attachment 364343
first its not english and this is english forum .
second what files u want to put where?

Last edited by Dee87,
Reactions: taspankya

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
1. yes
2. yes.
3. however u wnat i would get the pins on the if u ever have to change the emmc

1. yes
2. u can try with one if it doesnt work and u get blue then cyan use 2
3.yes
4. however u want i would get the pins on the board if u ever have to change the emmc

my pc is in Spanish, I want to put the atmosph, but I don't know if it can be mentioned here, the problem is that when I create emmc in the console, then when I connect my micro sd the emmc partition appears plus the other one that is in fat32 but windows says it needs to be formatted

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@rehius Unfortunately upgrading to 2.64 doesn’t fix the OFW issue for my v2. Still hangs, without any logo.

Any ideas as to how to debug this?
if you still can load Stock using hekate, I would suggest to apply the official 16.0.1 system update over WiFi.
If you already have 16.0.1 on a SysNAND, you can downgrade it with daybreak before doing that (never tested, but will do that just to ensure)

Reactions: Dee87

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my pc is in Spanish, I want to put the atmosph, but I don't know if it can be mentioned here, the problem is that when I create emmc in the console, then when I connect my micro sd the emmc partition appears plus the other one that is in fat32 but windows says it needs to be formatted

View attachment 364345
well we cant help u in spanish maybe some can but this is a english forum so tell us what the issue says maybe we can help then

doesnt matter what what windows says u need fat 32 for switch
u made a partition base emmc i guess ?

u need to drop those files in the fat 32 partition where hekate is i would say

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you still can load Stock using hekate, I would suggest to apply the official 16.0.1 system update over WiFi.
If you already have 16.0.1 on a SysNAND, you can downgrade it with daybreak before doing that (never tested, but will do that just to ensure)

You keep mentioning "over wifi", is there an issue w\ wired updates?

Reactions: Dee87

Chonay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Someone who would be so kind as to tell me what mosfet I need, Numbering or model to work the peak without processor cables, that is the only thing that is not clear to me since I already saw what the resistors are and the installation and connection points also already I have them, I only need the connection of the processor to the peak

Frullone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oook, I had everything tested but for some reason I decided to reflow everything and OF COURSE I bridges three small caps (those where you pick ground from).

But honestly, they just look like they're on the same trace and I would really love if I could avoid unbridging those little guys and leave everything as is.
Can anyone confirm me this and/or link some proper diagrams?

I'll attach pictures of my mobo and another one I found online with better resolution, for better trace checking
(They're both taken looking from the top of the Switch towards the bottom)

Attachments

• IMG_20230411_205951.jpg
    IMG_20230411_205951.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 46
  • MvJEDTUnxMS4Olqs.huge.jpg
    MvJEDTUnxMS4Olqs.huge.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: KarimPolska

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users