Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't touch the emmc what so ever. And from the picture, yes it looks like....SOMEHOW....SOME WAY....I wasn't careful enough and ripped that, what looks like, 0201 resistor which looks like the trace goes directly under the APU. Potentially have a winner here once I can find the value of that resistor to be replaced. In ohms mode it read at 560ohms but can't be 100% sure. I hope this is it. Thank you because this gives me hope that my soldering and mosfet work was good.

Edit - Anyone know a good resource as to where to find a breakdown/diagram of switch caps/resistor values. Googling it for a while feels like taking a pedal-bike on a motorway, getting nowhere fast.

Just checked a spare board, *both resistors show as 10k for me*

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Just checked a spare board, *both resistors show as 10k for me*
woops had it on 2k setting, turned it 20k and got 9.95k...and 200k mode gets me 10k. Alright, thanks again. And that size is definitely 0201!?

Edit - Yep its definitely 0201 (compared it to a spare 0201 cap I had. Right, ordering some 10k Resistors now.)
Edit - Also went ahead and ordered some 1Ks too for when re-attempting the mosfets but readied with pull down Resistors too.

......Now we wait.......

Last edited by Takezo-San,
  • Haha
Reactions: LogicalMadness

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it
can those 4 legs
cutted ?

maybe using nail clipper ??

View attachment 373201
I tried to cut it but there is very little gap to place a clipper to cut. And You need a plier to cut it because port material is very hard. First heat the upper two joint and which will help you to tilt the port at some angle to put a plier in tu cut it. Cut two upper point and do the same on the below one. That's the technique I used. But after cutting all points, apply some heat to pads which will help the port to fall off.

Str1der

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible that I fried something on board with SMD 4700 Resistors?I made a mistake when ordering them,and bigger mistake soldering them...Removed all the wires and nothing.I got 3.3 on middle of the board when pushing power button,but also got short on capacitor down from APU (Switch ver.2).Capacitors near the battery are ok.

Also got a problem with 2.72 update on oled,which is now solved with 2.73,if someone is interested:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-2-yellow-lights-problem.633290/#post-10165641

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hello, the reset point has already been changed and it measures the same on the board as on the chip, so it's ok, maybe that's the nand the problem. the firmware of the chip is 2.70

Attachments

• VID_20230522_173721.mp4
    18.2 MB
Reactions: Danook28

kleinerprinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello, the reset point has already been changed and it measures the same on the board as on the chip, so it's ok, maybe that's the nand the problem. the firmware of the chip is 2.70
Make a better Install with shorter Lines. My Installation runs without Problems.

Attachments

• Switch v2 Install.jpg
    Switch v2 Install.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what 2 short pulses mean, but I measured the point on the board directly and on the chip after connecting the cable and they measure the same, that means that the point is fine, the problem is another
Then why is reset not connected? Looks like you're missing a resistor around there too...

Reactions: Danook28

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Then why is reset not connected? Looks like you're missing a resistor around there too...
the reset point is not disconnected, measured with the multimeter point 26 of the chip measures the same as on the board. As far as I know on the chip, only resistors are placed at points 27, 28 and 29. I have already made at least a dozen standard switches. I forgot to mention that I have already changed the chip and the same result, tomorrow I will try with the firm 273

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reset point is not disconnected, measured with the multimeter point 26 of the chip measures the same as on the board. As far as I know on the chip, only resistors are placed at points 27, 28 and 29. I have already made at least a dozen standard switches. I forgot to mention that I have already changed the chip and the same result, tomorrow I will try with the firm 273
I don't care what you "measure", your video looks like it shows that you removed the resistor near RST and then soldered the wire to the pico in its place...

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't care what you "measure", your video looks like it shows that you removed the resistor near RST and then soldered the wire to the pico in its place...
I know what you're saying, it's that some boards come without that resistor, I didn't remove anything
Post automatically merged:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-installing-hwfly-v4-on-erista-patched.616720/

here you can see a board equal to mine without resistance

Xoloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I want to install picofly on a switch lite but without flex cable so i need to use mosfets. The most used one (IRFHS8342) is not available in my country so i need to pick another mosfet. What criteria should i be looking at in order to make sure the mosfet is compatible with picofly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: either that or someone forgot their schizophrenia meds