Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to install picofly on a switch lite but without flex cable so i need to use mosfets. The most used one (IRFHS8342) is not available in my country so i need to pick another mosfet. What criteria should i be looking at in order to make sure the mosfet is compatible with picofly?
check at this post

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i think if drain to source voltage is 30V, continuous drain current is higher than 12A and if its N type mosfet i should be okay. Right?
I personally dont know I havent used a alternative yet, compare the datasheets. my electronics knowledge goes as far as ohm's law and soldering.

Reactions: Danook28

Xoloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
After a little bit research on my local electronics stores i think FDS6690AS should be compatible with picofly. Can anyone let me know if they tried this mosfet already?

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hi again, Any advice, I already changed the chip, the firmware of the chip and the reset cable, I just have to shorten it even more, I appreciate any help

Attachments

• VID_20230522_212722.mp4
    45 MB

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check first page of
hi again, Any advice, I already changed the chip, the firmware of the chip and the reset cable, I just have to shorten it even more, I appreciate any help
Check the first page of Picofly AIO Thread click the LED Indicators tab you will see what error colors mean. You can also check Picofly Install Guide for more info.

LED must be RED after USB write. if you see green, set "RGB mode" jumper

WHITE = eMMC write
BLUE = glitch
PURPLE = eMMC boot failure, check CMD / CLK
YELLOW = eMMC write failure, check D0 / unsupported eMMC
CYAN = no reaction to glitch, check mosfet wire
GREEN = success

or Error Code List FW 2.70 and above

3 colours: blue (glitching), white (flashing), yellow (error code). This was made to make possible pi pico debugging + get rid of RGB/GRB issues
Error codes list (= is long pulse, * is short pulse):

= USB flashing done

** RST is not connected
*= CMD is not connected
=* D0 is not connected
== CLK is not connected

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I ordered a TOTK Oled does anyone in US have or know where I can get a Dat0 flex? I ordered it from ali but rather install sooner.
Becareful with the dat0 flex, a bit wrong in there, will open tons of bug, i've experience that.
People in here recommend the 4 point dat0.
Post automatically merged:

So i think if drain to source voltage is 30V, continuous drain current is higher than 12A and if its N type mosfet i should be okay. Right?
Add another properties Vgs open around 2-3V, Rds around 10mohm

The detection on the firmware for RST pin is simply checking the voltage. The voltage is checked to be 1.6V-2.0V, outside that voltage will throws **.

After a little bit research on my local electronics stores i think FDS6690AS should be compatible with picofly. Can anyone let me know if they tried this mosfet already?
FDS6690AS Seems okay to me.

Here the other alt which has been tested.
aon7400
aon7506
irf8714
np2016 -> hwfly
aon6512 -> not recommended very slow glitch around 15sec

Last edited by abal1000x,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
check first page of

Check the first page of Picofly AIO Thread click the LED Indicators tab you will see what error colors mean. You can also check Picofly Install Guide for more info.

LED must be RED after USB write. if you see green, set "RGB mode" jumper

WHITE = eMMC write
BLUE = glitch
PURPLE = eMMC boot failure, check CMD / CLK
YELLOW = eMMC write failure, check D0 / unsupported eMMC
CYAN = no reaction to glitch, check mosfet wire
GREEN = success

or Error Code List FW 2.70 and above

3 colours: blue (glitching), white (flashing), yellow (error code). This was made to make possible pi pico debugging + get rid of RGB/GRB issues
Error codes list (= is long pulse, * is short pulse):

= USB flashing done

** RST is not connected
*= CMD is not connected
=* D0 is not connected
== CLK is not connected

That reminds me, change the flash codes to be listed first. Also for dat0 I might know a couple of people in the states who might have them...

Reactions: Danook28

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
as in remove EMMC with hot air station? I have one but am not confident enough to reball. just looking to buy one closer instead of waiting for china shipment.
trust me its really not that hard . just take ur time .
when u take the emmc take ur time dont try to pull it to early and everything will be fine

also reballing is the easiest part :-)

Reactions: Type_O_Dev

Stranding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I just hacked my Switch using the RP2040 chip. Every time I restart or shut it down, there is a high chance of encountering a black screen, which appears to be a freeze. Pressing the power button doesn't elicit any response, and the chip's LED remains off. I need to perform a 10-second long press of the power button to force a restart, which then turns on the LED. My RP2040 firmware version is 2.73, but after a forced restart, the firmware rolls back to version 2.67. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?

voddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just hacked my Switch using the RP2040 chip. Every time I restart or shut it down, there is a high chance of encountering a black screen, which appears to be a freeze. Pressing the power button doesn't elicit any response, and the chip's LED remains off. I need to perform a 10-second long press of the power button to force a restart, which then turns on the LED. My RP2040 firmware version is 2.73, but after a forced restart, the firmware rolls back to version 2.67. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?
thats "normal"
i usually patch the firmware 3-5 times before i reboot and recheck. It usually works for me that way.

Stranding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
thats "normal"
i usually patch the firmware 3-5 times before i reboot and recheck. It usually works for me that way.
the point is it probably will freeze in blackscreen (not every times) after reboot or shutdown,must long press shutdown button more than 10s to power on,that is normal?Can firmware upgrades be used to fix this in the future?

voddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the point is it probably will freeze in blackscreen (not every times) after reboot or shutdown,must long press shutdown button more than 10s to power on,that is normal?Can firmware upgrades be used to fix this in the future?
oh sorry - i missed the freezing part. it didnt freeze for me tbh - it just sometimes doesnt flash on first try for me (without a freeze) sorry for the confusion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.