Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The guide lists everything you need even the wires and tools. You are just being lazy
Well I guess there are 2 types of people in these situations:
One that says: 613pages, damn there must be so much useful information here can't wait to read through it and do this myself.
And the other: 613pages, damn i'm never gonna be able to do this.
But yeah, what can you do, if only someone took their time to summarise all this info into an easy to follow guide...
Post automatically merged:

damn i didn't see it was also posted on the other post because i signed up. I'll delete it now sorry
No big deal man, it's just easier to get help/answers this way. Cheers

T0biasCZe

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
what esp are u talking about ?
1690931367011.jpeg

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
(Update the green adapter)

Just receive my green adapter from jlcpcb, quality seems okay.
Gonna play with it this weekend.

The detail cost:
5pcs adapter $2.00
Shipping $1.44
(using the cheapest one which is e-express)
Paypal Fee $0.50
(Pardon me, i use paypal)
Tax $0.17
Other $0.99

Total is $5.1 for 5pcs. So 1 pcs is around $1

This is first time i made on kicad, first time order in jlcpcb. Overall everything is satisfying.

photo_6217736417283520437_y.jpg

photo_6217736417283520436_y.jpg

photo_6217736417283520435_y.jpg

Gonna put the gerber file and the spec i use when ordering on the github if this succeed.

Last edited by abal1000x,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

T0biasCZe

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Iam stupid I meant RPPico... (Was writing this late)
And in the description it said it was Picofly 🤔 and it was too cheap for it to be hwfly

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Iam stupid I meant RPPico... (Was writing this late)
And in the description it said it was Picofly 🤔 and it was too cheap for it to be hwfly

If u mean the Rp Pico the big board u need to cut it but that's also described in the guide and important post.

these boards are still not supported if they are created by hwfly or any body else, only supported boards for this thread is described in the Aio thread.

if u want help in this thread u can use one of the supported boards as discribed in the important posts link or in the aio thread for other boards u need to use a other thread
Post automatically merged:

(Update the green adapter)

Just receive my green adapter from jlcpcb, quality seems okay.
Gonna play with it this weekend.

The detail cost:
5pcs adapter $2.00
Shipping $1.44
(using the cheapest one which is e-express)
Paypal Fee $0.50
(Pardon me, i use paypal)
Tax $0.17
Other $0.99

Total is $5.1 for 5pcs. So 1 pcs is around $1

This is first time i made on kicad, first time order in jlcpcb. Overall everything is satisfying.

View attachment 386218
View attachment 386219
View attachment 386220

Gonna put the gerber file and the spec i use when ordering on the github if this succeed.
There looking good think I will order some and test them also ;-)

Last edited by Dee87,

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a first for me but I’m getting zero lights on the picofly. Anyone had this happen before? I’ve disconnected and reconnected the chip twice. All the readings are good. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is a first for me but I’m getting zero lights on the picofly. Anyone had this happen before? I’ve disconnected and reconnected the chip twice. All the readings are good. Any thoughts?
u need to clean up all ur wires first,specialy make sure the end of the wires are not hanging out on ground or something , specialy ur 3 v looks like its touching ground not sure though.

are u sure ur getting 3v and ground and that the rp is working properly ?

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u need to clean up all ur wires first,specialy make sure the end of the wires are not hanging out on ground or something , specialy ur 3 v looks like its touching ground not sure though.

are u sure ur getting 3v and ground and that the rp is working properly ?
how do i check for 3v? Does the console need to be plugged in? When i took it apart it booted up fine. Nothing is shorted to ground. im switching out the chip right now in case its faulty.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how do i check for 3v? Does the console need to be plugged in? When i took it apart it booted up fine. Nothing is shorted to ground. im switching out the chip right now in case its faulty.
optimaly u check it with a multimeter , otherwise maybe with ur tounge but i wouldnt do that Xd

well u need to have ur battery plugged in otherwise u wont get a connection .

• Haha
Reactions: QuiTim

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
optimaly u check it with a multimeter , otherwise maybe with ur tounge but i wouldnt do that Xd

well u need to have ur battery plugged in otherwise u wont get a connection .
Lol. I swapped out the chip and now I get the *== (no emmc cmd1 request)

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now wire everything properly not like u have on the picturey, no over hanging wires with the possibilaty something touching and other pads or points
I typically keep them a little long until I know I’m getting the correct code and then I trim. Haven’t had this problem before but will give it a try.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I typically keep them a little long until I know I’m getting the correct code and then I trim. Haven’t had this problem before but will give it a try.
yeah but ur gonna have to change the wire anyways if u just solder them a few cm/inches befor the the end

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but ur gonna have to change the wire anyways if u just solder them a few cm/inches befor the the end
I shortened up everything and still the same. Could the mosfets be bad? Getting the correct measurements. Not sure what else it would be.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
I shortened up everything and still the same. Could the mosfets be bad? Getting the correct measurements. Not sure what else it would be.

this error typically happens because your clk is shorted to ground or not connected properly. The mosfet isn't involved yet when the test that produces this error is performed

roxzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys!

Small update about my bsod after picofly install:

I put an ungodly amount of pressure on the bottom ram and this happened. After I released the ram it imediately went back to blue screen.

Also now blue screen is hit or miss. Sometimes I just get a black screen, unplug the battery wait a bit, and get blue screen again, sometimes after 2 tries, sometimes after 7. Pressure on ram also doesn't seem to always take it to blue screen, it goes to black just as randomly.

I attached a video of what happens when I put A LOT of pressure on bottom ram. Also, I need to mention, it really was a bit of pressure, is it possible I've done this myself on top of the previous blue screen?

Attachments

• VID_20230803_03362002.mp4
    7.5 MB

jutochoppa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After days of blood, sweat and pain, I managed to install the mod succesfully and boot into Hekate and Sysnand without issues.

HOWEVER: on the first boot, I heard something deep frying and saw a little bit of smoke, probably from one of the apu capacitors. That's the only time when such thing happened and everything seems to work just fine. I read on this same thread that such thing happened to rehius when he forgot the ground cable. I re-checked the gnd connection and all looks good. The issue hasn't happened since.
Should I be concerned and search for some specific issue that I may have overseen?

Also: I was on 2.6a. If I want to update, do I just have to flash 2.61 over it or would it be better to wipe the 2040-zero clean and then flashing afterwards?
Did you ever figure out the cause.I had the exact same experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran +1