Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every boot, the firmware will use existing 'Saved Point'.
If the 'Saved point' somehow failed to glitch then it will try to found another point which could and save it.
The next boot, will try those saved point, and if its failed, it will find another point, and so on, and so on.

So ideally the more you reboot it, the more faster it get. Since the firmware have a bigger list of 'Saved point'.
Try to reboot it again and again. The glitch time should improved.
If it didnt then something hardware-wise is unstable and changing the point randomly.

This "Point" is directly about the timing reference. So the number one suspect of unstability is the CLK.
That’s good to know. Thank you for that information. I think I just assumed that the boot would be almost instant considering those three points are connected straight to emmc chip via the reball adapter.

Dk2022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Attachments

• IMG_20231112_011110.jpg
    IMG_20231112_011110.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Cristiano04

RatchetRussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this emmc reball adapter from @abal1000x. Already successfully used it a few times.

In my last system, I have a weird problem where the touch screen doesn't work after reballing. The connector and ribbon cable look to be in great shape. Does anyone know if there are any vias or traces under the emmc that can be damaged causing the touch screen to not work?

Attachments

• PXL_20231112_171939455.jpg
    PXL_20231112_171939455.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 23

TheBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I love this emmc reball adapter from @abal1000x. Already successfully used it a few times.

In my last system, I have a weird problem where the touch screen doesn't work after reballing. The connector and ribbon cable look to be in great shape. Does anyone know if there are any vias or traces under the emmc that can be damaged causing the touch screen to not work?
It is possible that when you are reflowing the emmc the LCD connector lose some connections. Check with the microscope. I find it useful to close the latch of the connector when reflowing, it tends to bend when it is opened.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
i know :( but also, where the hell did you get that, that's super useful
I think its screenshot from XinZhiZao.
Theres link in this thread, that gives the screenshot of it, you might find it.

If someone subscribe the XZZ, can you pm me the screenshot of the diode mode value please :sad:

Last edited by abal1000x,

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rp2040 zero is working but you know the thing it does when its booting for the first time and it goes white and then blue and then yellow meaning success. Well its going white all the time, that's not supposed to happen right? none of my other rp2040 do it. so what could be happening that the white light appears all of the time?
Post automatically merged:

Also another switch oled that i have, i finished the install and everything turned out great but when i turn it on, nothing happened, no light no nothin. Went and checked and found the 3.3v pinout being grounded. but why? what could've happened that it turned into ground. What could i do to try and resolve this, please and thanks!

in the pic i took out the cable to see if that was the issue that's why it looks like that but it was a clean solder before lol

Attachments

• IMG_1588.JPEG
    3.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1589.JPEG
    IMG_1589.JPEG
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1590.JPEG
    IMG_1590.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited by naldo29,

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The rp2040 zero is working but you know the thing it does when its booting for the first time and it goes white and then blue and then yellow meaning success. Well its going white all the time, that's not supposed to happen right? none of my other rp2040 do it. so what could be happening that the white light appears all of the time?
Post automatically merged:

Also another switch oled that i have, i finished the install and everything turned out great but when i turn it on, nothing happened, no light no nothin. Went and checked and found the 3.3v pinout being grounded. but why? what could've happened that it turned into ground. What could i do to try and resolve this, please and thanks!

in the pic i took out the cable to see if that was the issue that's why it looks like that but it was a clean solder before lol
Check your rp2040 maybe it is grounded from there. Just hope nothing got fried or busted though.

Before turning on the device, it is always good to check the connections for any grounds/shorts. Multimeter is your best friend.

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just received this message for the first time. What could be the problem?

Attachments

• Resized_20231113_232045.jpeg
    Resized_20231113_232045.jpeg
    424.1 KB · Views: 19

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tylenol midday
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ambian the stuff of dreams lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nyquill with grape juice
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    wow that didn't work lol
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    tried to paste a pic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.