Picofly AIO Thread

mian_85_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The flex is compatible, probably some soldering issue. Any photo?
I need to post more messages to link pictures (I think) but anyway I will try to install again, I will solder the cable between the flex and the picofly with the microscope and checking with the multimeter. The other day I made it too fast :D

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I need to post more messages to link pictures (I think) but anyway I will try to install again, I will solder the cable between the flex and the picofly with the microscope and checking with the multimeter. The other day I made it too fast :D
Just cover the side contacts with some kapton tape and it should be easy to solder just the middle ones

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230504_233406_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230504_233406_Gallery.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 30

mian_85_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just cover the side contacts with some kapton tape and it should be easy to solder just the middle ones
I used the kapton trick, I made some progress, now I went from cyan to purple. I'm using the hwfly flex for that points (CMD / CLK) and I checked with the multimeter that I got right values in the final flex points but...
I will continue tomorrow, at least the switch is booting in OFW.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: QuiTim

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to tell before installing if the RGB jumper will be needed based on colours the chip shows when plugging into the PC to flash it?

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I used the kapton trick, I made some progress, now I went from cyan to purple. I'm using the hwfly flex for that points (CMD / CLK) and I checked with the multimeter that I got right values in the final flex points but...
I will continue tomorrow, at least the switch is booting in OFW.

Thanks for the help!
The new model flex on OLED (the orange one), causes some kind of interference on CLK/CMD.
Just wire everything manualy.
I lost 2 days figuring this out, everything was soldered perfectly but it just wasn't working.
Be careful desolderin that flex, use alot of flux and alot of patience

Last edited by QuiTim,

Battlegames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Question, im using MOSFET installation for picofly but due to a lot of work i want to use cpu flex (faster i think). The question is , can I use V2 cpu flex on lite and oled ? Or must be each console with their own flex model.

Thanks

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use the flex on OLED, it causes some kind of interference on CLK/CMD. Just wire everything manualy.
I lost 2 days figuring this out, everything was soldered perfectly but it just wasn't working.
Be careful desolderin that flex, use alot of flux and alot of patience
I did both of my OLEDs using a V2 flex and haven't had a single issue... not sure what you're talking about... Many have done it succesfully.

Reactions: Takezo-San

blackheartme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just to stop me from fucking up my shit, Mariko is xaj7 005... right? That needs the flex v2?
I do hope that 14€ Aliexpress "ready to go" board will work and has the resistors in place already, i honestly cant tell.
XAJ7 is v1 ERISTA NOT MARIKO, the have patched units for those too, you can check behind HAC-001 means v1

Last edited by blackheartme,

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I did both of my OLEDs using a V2 flex and haven't had a single issue... not sure what you're talking about... Many have done it succesfully.
You are right, I should not generalize (will correct my previous post)
Used the black one a couple of times, everything was OK.
The latest version (attached) is a piece of cr*p

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230505_085635_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230505_085635_Samsung Internet.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by QuiTim,

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I f**** up my console...wanna know if is there any chance i can isolate the pad from the circuit... the left one is shorted and the right one is not getting continuity to the resistor...so i screwed everything ahhaha.... i will use it as learning board...want to know if i can cut the trail that comes from emmc to the left pad (the one that is shorted) and cut the trail that goes from right pad to the resistor (the one that is not getting continuity). Isolate this point and reball the emmc jumping directly from there to the end of the trail (resistor). I tried to draw. The blue stripes is the trail i wanna cut. Thanks and sorry for the long text

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230505_102238_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20230505_102238_Photo Editor.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 28

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anyone got nodisplay problem .. sound is there when i click buttons.. but the lcd just blank.
Can anyone try to press home button when hekate wait screen appear? i think that whats make the screen go black.
Anyone can confirm?

Modi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi have
Anyone got nodisplay problem .. sound is there when i click buttons.. but the lcd just blank.
Can anyone try to press home button when hekate wait screen appear? i think that whats make the screen go black.
Anyone can confirm?
If it is lite, you have a damaged connector or converters from the lcd

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone can confirm?
Happened to me once...next to the emmc points there are trails that goes to the display...i shorted one of then and was no display...
Post automatically merged:

Anyone can confirm?
These points

Attachments

• 20230504_105527.jpg
    20230504_105527.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 33

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Update . I need to reopen and disconnect the battery, then after thats its boot as usual. Its a bug or thats just normal?

Hi have

If it is lite, you have a damaged connector or converters from the lcd
Yeah its a lite, you mean the flex which connect the left left controller to mainboard?
Because to disconnect the battery i need to open the flex cable first.
I just do that and also desolder the cpu line on the pico to deactivate the mosfet, and then boom it boots.
Wonder whats happened here.
Little chance its about connection, because never dropped, no resolder etc...

Happened to me once...next to the emmc points there are trails that goes to the display...i shorted one of then and was no display...

These points
its already on working state.. like a week.. so no damage done..
Maybe firmware bug, sleep bug?
And why battery disconnection solve this issue?

Last edited by cgtchy0412,

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Patched means Mariko yes? Those lists are the ones i've based my assumption on, but none ever mentioned mariko
All Marikos are patched, but there are some Eristas that are pached aswell.
The main difference (from the soldering point of view) between Eristas and Mariko is the position of capacitors in APU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok