Picofly AIO Thread

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys, I did a test with 2.5 works fine, with 2.65 I get kernel panic and purple screen,

Now I’m quite sure is related to some problem with the 2.65 firmware…
Post automatically merged:

Some cold soldering? Or not a good signal from the CPU, try to use better cable from cpu…
Purpel screen is usually connected with the cmd resistor eather defektiv or not connected to the board all the way

Last edited by Dee87,
Reactions: LogicalMadness

chapu978

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I recently install picofly on a v1 parched switch but now It doesn't boot, just a black screen. I used hwfly Flex for the apu, and if i take meds i have, 46 ohms on both caps. Hope someone can help me and sorry for my english :unsure:

Last edited by chapu978,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I recently install picofly on a v1 parched switch but now It doesn't boot, just a black screen. I used hwfly Flex for the apu, and if i take meds i have, 46 ohms on both caps. Hope someone can help me and sorry for my english :unsure:
well what color does the picofly give u ?
lets see some picture of ur install

blazeaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
gonna sound like a total pleb, but can i use some other mosfet? i'd have to wait for months for IRFHS8342 to arrive. can i use AON7826 for example? or any other?

cicci084

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still don't get where people get the 2.5 from all the time. Stay away from that out of date fw.
In my opinion, new users use Firmware 2.5 because the first post specifies that it corrects compatibility with the Toshiba chip. It's easy to get confused, if it says Toshiba, those who have Toshiba let themselves be deceived.

So, in the first post I would also add that the firmware to use is 2.64 (2.65, from what I read, seems to have some incompatibility with some switches).

Furthermore, it should be written in BOLD that sincero Firmware 2.5 it is not possible to update via toolbox to prevent new users from always making the same mistakes (including me, luckily I had the boot0/boot backup, 1).

All this, in my humble opinion.

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gonna sound like a total pleb, but can i use some other mosfet? i'd have to wait for months for IRFHS8342 to arrive. can i use AON7826 for example? or any other?
Personally, I received IRFHS8342 in less than 2 weeks from Digikey so you don't have to worry.. If you still do not want it :
Other Mosfets you can use are; np2016, FDMA7672

Last edited by MXRD4K1LL4,
Reactions: blazeaster

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In my opinion, new users use Firmware 2.5 because the first post specifies that it corrects compatibility with the Toshiba chip. It's easy to get confused, if it says Toshiba, those who have Toshiba let themselves be deceived.

So, in the first post I would also add that the firmware to use is 2.64 (2.65, from what I read, seems to have some incompatibility with some switches).

Furthermore, it should be written in BOLD that since 2.5 it is not possible to update via toolbox to prevent new users from always making the same mistakes (including me, luckily I had the boot0/boot backup, 1).

Or it's time for the Github to remove the old outdate firmwares.

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Furthermore, it should be written in BOLD that sincero Firmware 2.5 it is not possible to update via toolbox to prevent new users from always making the same mistakes (including me, luckily I had the boot0/boot backup, 1).

I have 2.5 because It was the latest when I installed it and I can't change it...

blazeaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Personally, I received IRFHS8342 in less than 2 weeks from Digikey so you don't have to worry..
yeah, but where im at it seems that i'll have to wait at least until june. i'll try an other mosfet and let y'all know what happened. ik its probably wiser to order and wait for it, but from the info i gathered it seems that as long as the specs are similar or lower you're all good. if i mess up its my fault

cicci084

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have 2.5 because It was the latest when I installed it and I can't change it...
Personally I resoldered the USB port and updated via flash from a PC.
Not because it didn't work well, actually ZERO PROBLEMS, I did it because the next firmware enables the upgrade function with toolbox and this is definitely a nice convenience.

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I resoldered the USB port and updated via flash from a PC.
Not because it didn't work well, actually ZERO PROBLEMS, I did it because the next firmware enables the upgrade function with toolbox and this is definitely a nice convenience.

Yeah, I wanted to but..
20230424_173720.jpg

20230424_173749.jpg

Bro kinda melted

I should buy another one?-

I don't wanna solder all that pins at the back :'( (Is that easy?)

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Dee87

bibimbap940

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all - I've tried flashing the 2.65 firmware to a Waveshare RP2040-zero, but get no LED indicator once the window closes. No green, no red. I've then tried bridging the LED jumper to see if that would make any difference, but I still have the same issue. No LED. Possible the LED is defective? or am I missing a step somewhere?

Apologies if this has been asked before; searched the thread and didn't see this specific issue.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all - I've tried flashing the 2.65 firmware to a Waveshare RP2040-zero, but get no LED indicator once the window closes. No green, no red. I've then tried bridging the LED jumper to see if that would make any difference, but I still have the same issue. No LED. Possible the LED is defective? or am I missing a step somewhere?

Apologies if this has been asked before; searched the thread and didn't see this specific issue.
u did push the boot button when u plugged it in the computer?

so hold boot button and them plug in a window appears and then u drop the files and get a red light if u get green light u have to bridge rgb mode

bibimbap940

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u did push the boot button when u plugged it in the computer?
Yes - when I do that I get the bootloader window with the two files as mentioned in the guide. I drop the 2.65 uf2 file in the window, it copies over and the window closes, but no LED flash. I've tried repeating the process a few times to no avail. Also tried to flash nuke.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: