Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all,

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the following chip:

Picof V0.3 230407
(See pics)

Seems to be an rp2040 much like all the chips are these days inc HWFly but I like the layout of the points being on the top row and away from the heat pipe clamp.

It also appears to be shielded on the underside and has the correct resistors on the board (much like the RP2040 tiny).

Apparently it already has the picofly firmware installed. Hopefully above v2.6 so it can be upgraded with picofly toolbox if necessary. But if needed it does have points to attach a micro-USB for manual firmware flashing.

Lastly it's showing up at around £6.50 on AliExpress right now so it's not obscenely expensive.

I'm wondering if this could be a better candidate as the most preferred option instead of the RP2040Tiny..

The TVPartsWorld guy just released a video using this one:

well let me say it this way ,
if u want to install a picofly then i would recomment u to install one of the supported board and not one of those unsupported china boards.

there is no way we can really give u proper help when we have no diagramms from the board.

just get a tiny and be done with it

RedFawkes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well let me say it this way ,
if u want to install a picofly then i would recomment u to install one of the supported board and not one of those unsupported china boards.

there is no way we can really give u proper help when we have no diagramms from the board.

just get a tiny and be done with it

Well, I do get what you're saying but couldn't we also say that technically all boards are China boards 🤔

I'm just wondering if this could/should be considered for official support and just added as an option on the install guide.

I mean it's not excessively overpriced and it doesn't involve all sorts of convoluted flex cables so I think it stands apart from HWFly chips.

It seems like all the other officially supported boards but just with a more thoughtful layout.

To me it seems to tick all the boxes that we're looking for no?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I do get what you're saying but couldn't we also say that technically all boards are China boards 🤔

I'm just wondering if this could/should be considered for official support and just added as an option on the install guide.

I mean it's not excessively overpriced and it doesn't involve all sorts of convoluted flex cables so I think it stands apart from HWFly chips.

It seems like all the other officially supported boards but just with a more thoughtful layout.

To me it seems to tick all the boxes that we're looking for no?
it doesnt really matter where the boardes come from most elektronik boards come out of china.

its what u know about the board , the picofly firmware was created based on the zero an a few other boards where added, sure they might be easly reproduced but u have no diagrams so u cant really say what might be wrong if u have issue.

therefore only supported boards should be discussed in the offical threads.
Post automatically merged:

Plus i mean the rp2040 tiny is produced mainly for the picofly modchip i would say cause since it was created like we need it.
and the pin out is also easy so for people who dont want the play around with the resistor except in some cases u need to use 100ohm on dat0 and cmd, just buy the tiny if u want support and be happy with it ;-)

and the tiny are easly available on amazon and ebay so u dont have to order in china the price is almost gonna be the same at the end.

all the otherboards are also easy available and not just on ali express.

thats why i always say if u want support use the official boards.

if u dont need support and can figure it out yourself buy those clone boards or open ur own thread :-)

Last edited by Dee87,
Reactions: RedFawkes

WalangAlam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i damaged the right pin point of Dat0. Accidentally pulled the wire with the right pad of dat0. Where is the alternative dat0 so i can connect the left point which still exist? or where is the alternative dat0 for lite, i saw it here but can not find it anymore...

Attachments

• pinout_lite.jpeg
    pinout_lite.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 31

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
i damaged the right pin point of Dat0. Accidentally pulled the wire with the right pad of dat0. Where is the alternative dat0 so i can connect the left point which still exist? or where is the alternative dat0 for lite, i saw it here but can not find it anymore...
lite_dat0.png

• Love
Reactions: WalangAlam

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi all,

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the following chip:

Picof V0.3 230407
(See pics)

Seems to be an rp2040 much like all the chips are these days inc HWFly but I like the layout of the points being on the top row and away from the heat pipe clamp.

It also appears to be shielded on the underside and has the correct resistors on the board (much like the RP2040 tiny).

Apparently it already has the picofly firmware installed. Hopefully above v2.6 so it can be upgraded with picofly toolbox if necessary. But if needed it does have points to attach a micro-USB for manual firmware flashing.

Lastly it's showing up at around £6.50 on AliExpress right now so it's not obscenely expensive.

I'm wondering if this could be a better candidate as the most preferred option instead of the RP2040Tiny..

The TVPartsWorld guy just released a video using this one:

If you wanna go this route I would suggest you give this a try https://gbatemp.net/threads/fly2040-picofly-variant-with-leds-atmosphere-nx-apps.637808/ github here https://github.com/floxcap/fly2040
The creator @floxcap is an active member here, you can maybe buy from him but he also made the designs available so you can make your own. I think it's a win-win for everyone
Let us know what you think. Cheers

• Love
Reactions: floxcap

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
thank you. its turning on now...i was cleaning the flux with cotton buds and pushed it hard and the pad came off😥
I think everyone have this kind of experience before :D

Especially when its still hot. Alcohol cold and the pad hot, it will make the pad easier to be ripped of.

If you wanna go this route I would suggest you give this a try https://gbatemp.net/threads/fly2040-picofly-variant-with-leds-atmosphere-nx-apps.637808/ github here https://github.com/floxcap/fly2040
The creator @floxcap is an active member here, you can maybe buy from him but he also made the designs available so you can make your own. I think it's a win-win for everyone
Nice info, i missed this.
I waiting for @floxcap to release his design, and then forgot.
I remember he said, when everything done he will release it.

Gonna check this out :rolleyes:
https://github.com/floxcap/fly2040

RedFawkes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so that's amazing!!
I'd be most interested in RGB for displaying CPU & GPU load.

Also, come to think of it, the stock RP2040 chip spec lists a temperature sensor which would be handy to monitor temps if it could be incorporated somehow.

Many thanks QuiTim for leading me towards another bloody rabbit hole and pushing me in!! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: floxcap and QuiTim

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Ok, so that's amazing!!
I'd be most interested in RGB for displaying CPU & GPU load.

Also, come to think of it, the stock RP2040 chip spec lists a temperature sensor which would be handy to monitor temps if it could be incorporated somehow.

Many thanks QuiTim for leading me towards another bloody rabbit hole and pushing me in!! 🤣
Hey, my pleasure man, see you in Wonderland 😁😁😁

Reactions: RedFawkes

lorax123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I just installed a chip in my guy from aliexpress...RP 2040 core , for my V2 Mariko non OLED just regular.
When I booted it up, I didn't get the NO SD with the cool pico fly logo, just NO SD in red with a rocketship. Does this mean i'm not using picofly firmware?

I ran the toolbox, and it just says
Reading firmware info...
Press any Key

and when I press any key nothing...

Not too concerned, because everything seems to be working, but wondering what version of firmware this indeed came with.

1692150276293.png

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I just installed a chip in my guy from aliexpress...RP 2040 core , for my V2 Mariko non OLED just regular.
When I booted it up, I didn't get the NO SD with the cool pico fly logo, just NO SD in red with a rocketship. Does this mean i'm not using picofly firmware?

Reading firmware info...
Press any Key

Not too concerned, because everything seems to be working, but wondering what version of firmware this indeed came with.

View attachment 388580
That is InstinctNX firmware if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: lorax123

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Reading firmware info...
Press any Key

View attachment 388580
That is not an original picofly firmware.
The firmware itself is opensource.
So anyone could modify it by themselves.
It seems it modified the code using spacecraft-nx.

Reactions: lorax123

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Problem with long glitch times.
V2: cpu flex v2, 94 ohm dat0,cmd . 0.1 enamelled wire
Lite: front mount 1 mosfet,94 ohm dat0,cmd. 0.1 enamelled wire

Good glitch time:
V2:front mount 1 mosfet,94 ohm dat0,cmd. 0.1 enamelled wire

What s the cause of this? Tested all the connections on Lite and everything seemed solid on the nintendo board (CLK,RST,CMD,DAT0)

Tanji

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
please help me, I try to update firmware from 2.67 to 2.73(update bin) using pico_toolbox. It say success but my fw still in 2.67.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
please help me, I try to update firmware from 2.67 to 2.73(update bin) using pico_toolbox. It say success but my fw still in 2.67.
well if it doesnt work wit pico toolbox, use usb ?
what chip do u have in ur switch ?

Problem with long glitch times.
V2: cpu flex v2, 94 ohm dat0,cmd . 0.1 enamelled wire
Lite: front mount 1 mosfet,94 ohm dat0,cmd. 0.1 enamelled wire

Good glitch time:
V2:front mount 1 mosfet,94 ohm dat0,cmd. 0.1 enamelled wire

What s the cause of this? Tested all the connections on Lite and everything seemed solid on the nintendo board (CLK,RST,CMD,DAT0)
well cant talk about one mosfet that much , but i did try a few single mosfet installs they had bad glitching so i only install 2 mosfets since then. so try to install another mosfet and see if that helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!