Gaming Picross DS

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey all, I just downloaded this game and have totally fallen in love with it. I'm thinking of picking it up, but it seems like there's not as many puzzles as I'd expect for the price. I'm guessing you can unlock more, so I'm curious how many there are in total, at least in the "normal" mode (I'm new at this).

Also, I've heard you can download tons of puzzles packs from wireless, but I don't have access to a wireless connection. Is there any way to download them and put them on a flashcart?

Thanks in advance
yaynds.gif

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
concealed identity said:
I'm thinking of picking it up, but it seems like there's not as many puzzles as I'd expect for the price.
Damn... as far as I know, the game is only 20 dollars in the USA (no idea how much it costs in Japan, though).

Now then - there's a single Level for the Easy Mode, which means 15 puzzles. Plus 11 Levels from Normal Mode and at least 10 from Free Mode - 15+(15.21) = 330 puzzles, at least. Plus there's the My Picross mode, Daily Picross and the possibility to download more puzzles from the Wi-Fi Connection. To me, that's quite a lot - I have been playing the game for over a month (and pretty much not playing anything in my DS besides it) and I still haven't finished it all.

Honestly, I really don't think the game isn't worth the price, I'd rather say it's quite a bargain. It's fun, ridiculously addictive, has a ton of replay value, and costs way less than a lot of DS games. =P

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
To get them on a flashcart, it's all in the save file.

Can you tell me where I can download such a save file? If I'm not allowed to ask on this board, I apologize, but I figure it should be ok since it's all free content anyway. I looked on this site and on Gamefaqs and couldn't find out where or how to download the packs.

Oh and Rod, you've convinced me. Thanks
yaynds.gif

rubaducky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My friend, take the existing number of puzzles that you see and quadruple it!

I thought the same thing when I got into the game last year and 100+ hours into it and I'm only about 70% of the way there!
You'll basically be constantly unlocking puzzles as you go.
Enjoy!

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are LOADS of puzzles
wink.gif

About 350 normal ones (and these go up to 25x20, so take a little while)

Then there are the daily ones, which don't really count, but is Picross' take on brain training
tongue.gif

Then there are the downloadable ones, I don't know about the US version, but if you get the Japanese version (no Japanese is actually needed) then there are literally HUNDREDS more to download.

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I just got to the 15x15 puzzles, and they're totally doing my head in. Not so much that the puzzles are more complex, but more navigating the screen and having to zoom in and out is kinda pissing me off. I'm sure I'll keep playing though.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, i love it how every person that answers has a larger number of puzzles than the last. "There are like 50 downloadable puzzles." "There are 300 dl puzzles!" "There are over 500 DL PUZZLES!" "THERE ARE MORE THAN 19876398876y1q DL PUZZLES!" "OMG!!! DL PUZZLES CURE CANCER AND THE AIDS!!"

Really though, there are just shy of a metric shit-ton of puzzles in Picross. I've been enjoying the HELL out of this game since i bought it when it came out. It's entertaining as balls. And the puzzles can cure cancer and the aids.

Oh, and it is mandatory... when you make your first puzzle, it *MUST* be a pixelated cock. Hey, i don't make the rules, i just follow them.

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks guys, Does anybody have any other info about finding a savefile with the extra puzzle packs? I don't have wireless internet at home and can't seem to get it working at school either...

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Heh, i love it how every person that answers has a larger number of puzzles than the last. "There are like 50 downloadable puzzles." "There are 300 dl puzzles!" "There are over 500 DL PUZZLES!" "THERE ARE MORE THAN 19876398876y1q DL PUZZLES!" "OMG!!! DL PUZZLES CURE CANCER AND THE AIDS!!"

Really though, there are just shy of a metric shit-ton of puzzles in Picross. I've been enjoying the HELL out of this game since i bought it when it came out. It's entertaining as balls. And the puzzles can cure cancer and the aids.

Oh, and it is mandatory... when you make your first puzzle, it *MUST* be a pixelated cock. Hey, i don't make the rules, i just follow them.

I wish this was Digg, I'd definately digg up your comment, one of the few other people I've met online or in real life that uses the phrase "metric shit ton"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?