Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire releases on April 3, 2018

original.jpg

The beloved RPG developer, Obsidian Entertainment, has given its latest game, Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, a release date. The game was initially crowdfunded on Fig in February 2017, and received 4.4 million dollars, 3.3 million more than their initial goal of $1,100,000. Deadfire will be releasing on PC on April 3rd of this year, and will retail physically and digitally for $49.99. There will be a deluxe edition available, which includes the soundtrack to the game, and some in-game items, while an "Obsidian Edition" will cost $74.99, and will have three expansion packs, which normally sell for $10 apiece on their own.

:arrow: Source

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"$50.00 is too much!" Then get a job with a steady income. I remember when certain N64 games were $80. Kids these days..
Well gee, sorry my job can't pay for every game that comes out. I wish I was rich like you, could throw my money at every shitstain out there, and make unrealistic comparisons to economies that are different than the present economy.

Reactions: DarthDub

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well gee, sorry my job can't pay for every game that comes out. I wish I was rich like you, could throw my money at every shitstain out there, and make unrealistic comparisons to economies that are different than the present economy.
If any, inflation should have driven the prices up rather than down. 50$ in 1997 was more than today, let alone 80$.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If any, inflation should have driven the prices up rather than down. 50$ in 1997 was more than today, let alone 80$.
That's certainly true (in fact, extra credits just released a video about this very topic...AAA-video games should actually cost about 70 or 80 bucks right now).

However...there's also something to be said about not being able to buy every game on the market. Or be interested in it. I don't share @Pluupy's perception on the isometric perspective, but I'm not going to pay full price for the game either. Not because I can't afford it (I can...with ease), but because the game doesn't entice me enough. I've got others on my wishlist and even in my backlog that fill the same RPG itch. From that perspective, I can somewhat see how it seems like a huge asking price. It's just that it's my perspective (I still think the actual asking price is perfectly fine).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe