Pillars of Eternity II's Switch port appears to be canceled

header (2).jpg

It looks like the Nintendo Switch is losing out on a previously announced game. Revealed back in 2018, Obsidian's sequel RPG, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, was delayed, only to apparently be fully canceled. The publisher in charge of the port, Versus Evil, posted an announcement on their official Dsicord server, claiming that the project was canceled.

Unfortunately, after much deliberation, we have decided not to move forward with Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire for the Nintendo Switch.

Versus Evil was also in charge of porting the first Pillars of Eternity game to the Switch, which the team eventually stopped releasing performance patches for, despite numerous issues with the Switch port. If you're interested in playing the game, you'll have to pick it up on PC, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4.

:arrow: Source: https://discord.com/invite/versusevil

Shahaan

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Versus Evil... Ouch I haven't heard that name in a long time
They were behind Afro Samurai 2 Kuma's Revenge from 2014 iirc
It was supposed to be episodically released but that went down the pipe when the reviews came in, game was buggy, looked worse than the previous one which was last gen and the XB1 port was cancelled
It also went delisted and refunds were issued to everyone, kinda hurt as an afro samurai fan

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game runs poorly everywhere except a strong PC. Shame, as it's an excellent game. But not worth the horrid console loading times.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This isn't surprising to me, since the Switch was the only one of its target platforms to not be x86-based; this is the same reason I wouldn't get any hopes up for an Elden Ring port.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Can't be any worse than Fallout 76 and Fallout 4. I was personally let down by Fallout 4.
The Fallout 4 is a bad meme that really needs to stop it has it issues but still one of the most plays fallout games and Bethesda show it learn from its mistakes in it by the time of Far Harbor

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
The original Fallout team deserve better than this. The first two mainline games were god tier.
They wanted to make another one, too. Bethesda outbid them, and here we are.

Poor choices are nothing new for "let's not put things into writing with our publisher for KotOR2, we trust them, teehee" Obsidian, I just wonder what took them so long to cancel this. There has been virtual radio silence regarding the port for years.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 11 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow. That's why Nintendo Switch hardware is not powerful enough. Nintendo is too past and CPU/GPU/RAM/storage hardware are over due for upgrade toward Nintendo Switch 2 will handle this game fine.

PC, PlayStation and Xbox will handle fine.

Don't buy Nintendo Switch now, because hardware is not strong enough but still weak. We know Nintendo Switch hardware is worst than PC, PlayStation and Xbox.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: AncientBoi might be interested lol +1