Hacking Plans for a Fan Translation of Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X (and its original)

zeroultima6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been a long time since the translation of the PS1 version of Phantasia came out, but there are some people who haven't played the PSP version
in English (yet), I need someone (3 at least) to willingly translate the key elements (Menu, Story, NPCs, Etc.) to fully experience the game. All you need is a script and hacking skills (depends of the difficuly) as you go throughout the story and side missions. I have one of the scripts to provide BTW.

Will this be a reality?

Kitsu-neechan

Coffee makes your kokoro go doki doki
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
im sorry but that's not how translating games works.
translating games takes a lot of work. not "oguise, i playtest haxt this for me kthx"

will it be a reality? maybe, maybe not, but you can pretty much be sure that it has nothing to do with you or your request of getting it done, since you are not offering anything to assist in getting it done.

riesyukira

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but unless if you can take at least 30-50% of the workload for creating a fan translation then just forget about it.

No one will take you seriously, i mean c'mon, they do all the work and you'll just sit back and play test the game?

Reactions: crimsonwolf8439

zeroultima6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you already have a translation spreadsheet of the old text and the new text to replace?

If you do, why don't you release that instead?
Not a bad idea, but i have to go though the entire game (at least story-wise) to search each and every text which does take a long awhile but i'm used to it.

Carlos_DobleC

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That Absolute Zero stopped translating was a hard blow (ToP is my inconditional favorite).

I have entered quite excited I have to say hahaha, but hey, if you really want / can do something, take advantage of the NDX menu patch (0.12 is the latest version), and translate the Phantasia X menus (I've already lost a save for making mistakes with the menus).

EDIT: You can even use the Phantasian Translations script for ToP X and the one from Kevassa (incomplete) for NDX.
And for Rody dialogues, Kevassa again (YT channel, some Rody translate dialogue videos are missing).

PS: Some Phantasia spam -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/anyone-here-with-knowledge-of-ps1-gamesharks.521413/

Last edited by Carlos_DobleC,
Reactions: Zero Dozer

zeroultima6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That Absolute Zero stopped translating was a hard blow (ToP is my inconditional favorite).

I have entered quite excited I have to say hahaha, but hey, if you really want / can do something, take advantage of the NDX menu patch (0.12 is the latest version), and translate the Phantasia X menus (I've already lost a save for making mistakes with the menus).

EDIT: You can even use the Phantasian Translations script for ToP X and the one from Kevassa (incomplete) for NDX.
And for Rody dialogues, Kevassa again (YT channel, some Rody translate dialogue videos are missing).

PS: Some Phantasia spam -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/anyone-here-with-knowledge-of-ps1-gamesharks.521413/
I even found the spreadsheet awhile back pertaining to it, and as for ToP X, does it use the same dialogue as the ps1 version aside from the new ones? If it is, I might add it the spreadsheet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway