PlataGO, a platforming "game maker" announced

If you've been wanting a game where you can build creative platforming stages, play them, and share them with friends, publisher PQube and developer Super Icon are here to bring players their new game PlataGO. Scheduled to launch later this year for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch, PQube is billing this as the "world's first multi-format, platform game creation tool". Creating levels is simple; just click and drag objects on the bottom of the screen to place them in the level. You can then test-run the stage, and keep editing it to perfection, or share with your friends online. The game will also support filters, which makes the graphical style similar to that of the NES, Game Boy, Commodore 64, or the ZX Spectrum. While the full game will launch on the aforementioned platforms later this year, you can try it right now, for $4.99 on Steam's Early Access.

Of course, the similarities between this and a certain other game-maker are quite obvious, and it seems like PlataGO is trying to capitalize on the fact that the Wii U hit game Super Mario Maker hasn't made its way to the Switch yet.

Last edited by Issac,

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
lol ripping off mario maker even with the style of changing from one system look to the next on the fly lol.

Still dont understand why mario maker wasnt ported yet.. it would sell much more on the switch...

Also this developer never made anything remotely interesting yet, lets see how this turns up...

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
At first I was like "Neat!" but I realized, it'll be really boring if you don't have Nintendo Switch Online which will be payed in September. Although I hope they have some randomizer, like have 2 blocks, it would randomize which one is solid and which one is not. (Also have a switch that randomizes the blocks.)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, but, will you be able to use the switchs touchscreen or mote controls?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

At first I was like "Neat!" but I realized, it'll be really boring if you don't have Nintendo Switch Online which will be payed in September. Although I hope they have some randomizer, like have 2 blocks, it would randomize which one is solid and which one is not. (Also have a switch that randomizes the blocks.)

i mean, 20 bucks for 12 months does seem just affordable enough.you could save four dollars a month and be ready in september

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I recognized assets from their game Life of Pixel. To be honest, that game was awesome, and I look forward to seeing what they can produce. At the very least it's a solid dev.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo