PlayStation 5’s UI revealed in official video

Capture.PNG
Just a month away from launching, PlayStation finally revealed to us a first look at the PS5 user experience in a new video uploaded to the official PlayStation YouTube channel.

The video highlights features like the new control center; activities that are displayed via on-screen cards; picture-in-picture mode; how joining (or declining) parties will look like going forward; a PlayStation Store that is integrated in the console as opposed to a standalone application; and more.

Watch the full video below and then let us know in the comments what features you're most excited (or weary) about.

:arrow: Source

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So allowing ps5 games to run on a ps4 via streaming? How would that help sales of the ps5 console? That would cost them thousands if not millions in console unit sales right out of the gate and they wouldn't get anything back for it.

And besides, if people want that kind of deal where they can play games that go beyond the fidelity of the machine they are running it on there is already a device for that......stadia...

Except Sony doesn't make money off of the Linux-port-machine-whose-ports-won't-see-the-light-of-day service, now does it?

And besides, Sony only has to say that it can be done and try to introduce the idea as being exclusive to Sony systems, not to PC. After all,, they already have the PSNow service on PCs that works perfectly with PS4 controllers, so, even in the event that the service's streaming quality was on par with Parsec, they kind of are already shooting themselves in the foot.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
The interface looks really nice, but I think the implementation of these guides and activities would be way too much hassle from the developer side. Do you really think devs would take screenshots, write about, and record gameplay for every single collectible, and export their level select to these cards just for one platform?

Reactions: Codemastershock
D

Deleted User

I have to question how much you've ever used a PS3 or PS4. Because you're obviously unaware of the power saving settings where you can turn that off. If it was "constantly" for you, it's because YOU had it set to shut off the controllers after 10 minutes. There is no "form of amnesia and forgets that you're using it". It's a controller battery saving feature. Try changing it sometime before making inaccurate claims. Thanks.
it wasn't after 10 minutes, it was after every time you launch a game, or open pretty much any app. which can range from 5 minutes to 30 seconds

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
it wasn't after 10 minutes, it was after every time you launch a game, or open pretty much any app. which can range from 5 minutes to 30 seconds
You have to press the ps button on your controller every time you open an app/launch a game? That's certainly not the case for me.

I press the ps button almost exclusively to turn the system on and off (or go into rest mode) and to go to the home menu.

D

Deleted User

You have to press the ps button on your controller every time you open an app/launch a game? That's certainly not the case for me.

I press the ps button almost exclusively to turn the system on and off (or go into rest mode) and to go to the home menu.
i've used my ps3 more than my ps4, but i found it unnecessarily annoying that you have to press the home button after launching anything

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Errr...that's not normal behavior. I never have to press the PS button after I turn my PS4 on.

EDIT: :ph34r:'d

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
i've used my ps3 more than my ps4, but i found it unnecessarily annoying that you have to press the home button after launching anything
Yeah, but what I'm saying is I don't have to do that. So there must be a setting you have toggled or your controller is disconnecting too frequently. Once I launch a game, I don't have to press the ps button at all until I want to either go to the home menu or turn the console off.

EDIT: :ph34r:'d x2

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ah yes, the thumbnail confirms one of the things i find most annoying about using a playstation

constantly having to press the home button because it has a constant form of amnesia and forgets that you're using it, reminding it that the controller is in fact, connected and in use
As mentioned, this is a battery saving measure and if you turn on the console using the button on the console it doesnt pair the controller automatically like when you turn on using the actual controller, so the warning makes sense.

The interface looks really nice, but I think the implementation of these guides and activities would be way too much hassle from the developer side. Do you really think devs would take screenshots, write about, and record gameplay for every single collectible, and export their level select to these cards just for one platform?
The Xbox One already has this and even then there are a lot of developers who dont use the tracking stats offered by the system.
For example, a achievement to collect 100 coins in some game: if the developer cares, it shows a percentage below and is updated to match how close you are to unlock this achievement and the guide can sort the achievements you are close to complete. They dont need to do anything besides tracking the player activity and making it available to the OS and still there are a lot of games who dont use the feature.

Last edited by Codemastershock,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest I have nothing bad to say.... I do hear alot of people complaining about it but Xbox One S UI is kinda confusing and PlayStation was more simplified

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As others have pointed out, that is not normal behavior. It's either a setting you have enabled or a faulty DualShock/PS3/PS4. I find it hard to believe you experienced this on both systems, and the chances of you having the same error on both consoles is so rare that I have to believe it's user error over anything else.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, That is what playtesters can be used for. while playing the game and looking for bugs, they could log the steps and those materials can be used if that area does not change by the time it's finished.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I like it so far, but proposes a kind of future I do not like too much. I mean, almost all if not all are connected features. How does the menu look offline? How will look everyones menu when the system exits its support cycle?

More connected systems are nice until they are not connected anymore.

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Neat, I like the dynamic way it is all setup :)

I am not a fan of the Game Help crap ... making games more 'dummy' proof is simply not my thing.
And well the loading seemed rather quick ... but I want to see more.
As far as we can tell SSD is really a gamechanger for both Sony and Microsoft.

I really hope Nintendo can do something in that regard for a future Nintendo Switch.

Chains

GBAtemp Drifter
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Some objectives will also have “Game Help” for PlayStation Plus members." - "Having trouble with the big mean game, dear? We know you are too dumb to look up the solution online, so we'll help you. For a price." - in fairness to Sony this is their main target demographic these days - terminally stupid people.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah nothing really amazing looks clean and crisp ...just wants needed actually ................ still not buying one .....but the black one looks much much nicer than the white one .... but still demon souls at $90 no way ... games from $70 - $90 im just not that foolish with my cash got 2 car notes and a mortgage so i simply cant atm.... i will stick with PC Gaming for now but maybe in a few years when the price had dropped and the good exclusives are out and cheaper i might be tempted for sure

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Some objectives will also have “Game Help” for PlayStation Plus members." - "Having trouble with the big mean game, dear? We know you are too dumb to look up the solution online, so we'll help you. For a price." - in fairness to Sony this is their main target demographic these days - terminally stupid people.
convenience for a price isnt anything new

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Couldn`t they have someone from their USA division read the script?

Having a hard time with the accent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1