Playstation classic

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone correct me if im wrong but my understanding is that this approach takes a surprisingly huge amount of computing power as the number of possible password combinations is astronomically large.

If the password file is not encrypted and it's a dumb password, then you can probably do it quicker.

MutantMecha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If someone where to walk me thru getting putty to the password prompt.
Id be willing to write a verry crude brute force script.
Depending on the timeout between passwords it could take a while.
Hopefully the password is less then 5 digits

Reactions: TonyBiH

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it ends up unhackable I'll just change the skin of the Snes classic with a PSX theme and song and put the innards of that in the shell of the PSclassic and then mod some classic controller pro inside a dualshock 1

S

Saiyan Lusitano

You could just use a PSTV for PS1. Problem is, the 64GB card is really expensive but think you can use alternatives now.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would the putty password be in the nand somewhere itd probably be bit shifted i guess.
Its cool that you managed to interface it with putty. that means we are very close to having route access
"bit shifted"? Hashed, hopefully!
Since the nand pinout was already figured out, (assuming no secure boot gimmicks) nothing prevents getting to the user database file and editing it...

MutantMecha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh that's cool. Hopefully its legible.
Bit shifting is an encryption technique i learnt in 1st year programming where each bit is shifted to the left or right by a certain value. without the shifting value its impossible to read. i didn't understand it at the time and have never had to use it so i may be wrong about the particulars.

TonyBiH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If someone where to walk me thru getting putty to the password prompt.
Id be willing to write a verry crude brute force script.
Depending on the timeout between passwords it could take a while.
Hopefully the password is less then 5 digits
Please use your force. We need it badly :) I'm gonna celebrate day when PS Classic get hacked before Christmas and New Year.

@8bitFlashback thank you on your videos and comparasing. I get you guys notice little bit more than we here in Europe. I grown up also on many NTSC games and I never made fuss about difference but I can agree when you get use to something is quite different. I feel you all. There is more problems than PAL versions curently with Sony gave to us untill this emulator get hacked. If there is pixelating in Coolborders in US there will be same problem here in Europe because we get same stuff like you guys. PAL games are fine but that emulator settings PCSX are pure waste.

Last edited by TonyBiH,
Reactions: 8bitFlashback

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not the emulator so much as to how it was "ported" and configurated by default.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and BTW I could trigger the mouse indicator with all keyboard I had using a controller in port 1 and a keyboard in port 2. It wont work when pressing esc though.

I guess it'd be simpler to try and playbwith contacts in the controller while it'd hooked to trigger and "esc" than finding a working keyboard.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Just received mine. And I am emphatically agreeing that Tekken 3 is almost unplayable.

Thats me coming from playing the game almost every day for the past lets say two to three months on the Nintendo Switch on PCSXRearmed. At first at around 53 frames, because the Switch couldnt run the NTSC version at full speed, and then at 60 frames, once the Retroarch overclock arrived.

Because in addition to 50Hz native, and judder, thanks to the 50Hz>60Hz upconversion - there IS input lag also. Small medium, large? Large.

And there are the Joypads, that are so swimmy with their inputs, that I twice performed a d/f or u/f, by only pressing down or up. Looked at my finger on the input afterwards. firmly planted on down. Game registered down/forward... Nice. But thats really the smallest issue here.

The largest one being the 50Hz>60Hz upconversion judder - if we dont get the output fixed, with a hack - this is the biggest dealbreaker - the entire image looks jittery, no matter what.

I might do a comparison video with PCSXRearmed on the Switch, when I have time - but I have to state again, Its horrible as is. Coming from someone that played Tekken 3 almost regularly for the past two months.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
All Endings unlocked. :) (Still no Doctor B. :) )

qRZJ95nl.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did anyone knows what japanese version is it there ntsc version of tekken 3 or not?
Very likely not. Issue is, that even on the nVidia Shield TV Tekken 3 NTSC doesnt run full speed in PCSXRearmed. So it made much sense for them to go with the PAL version, and they did so across all regions.

Last edited by notimp,

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i know.. but i miss the time to do all the things i like to do haha.. the project is not dead. And youre welcome.. yeah its a challenge to get access on the device. But i think thats the fun overall :-). We managed it on the flashback and we will manage it on the ps classic.

@asper im pretty sure you could help us out with some ideas.. why not making a reunite? :-D
honeylab (bakueikozo on twitter) is working on it and he just got root on that console :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Link the Twink?