[RELEASE] Hypseus Singe for PlayStation Classic (Daphne Arcade Laserdisc Games)

Ponlork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Post automatically merged:

so back in Dec 2023 taito released the LD Game Collection for Nintendo Switch. i'm watching some longplay videos of it and i noticed that it isn't as randomized as the Arcade ver. The time periods are in chronological order and it doesn't mirror scenes.

for example, in the Arcade ver it mirror certain scenes where you can go left or right
1710240408900.png
1710240424296.png

Yet here in the switch port, it doesn't do that at all

here's a different longplay and its the same thing, it plays the time periods in chronological order

that fighting colosseum stage should be one of the last stages. i was never able to get that stage on the first try.
here's a playthrough i did of the same stage above and you can see it mirrors the scenes to make it more random

normally you wouldn't notice that because a lot of playthrough videos out there don't show the fails. they use assist tools and storm through the game.

just found that interesting. maybe there's a option for it. you would think the switch port would be superior. or maybe they wanted to dumb it down and make it less challenging

so I did some more digging and it appears that it's not supposed to mirror. i found the psx and laserdisc versions and it doesn't mirror scenes in those, though the stages are randomized. So maybe for the Hypseus Singe port they added that to make it more challenging

but then i found this on the japanese wiki and it states that it does mirror certain stages
1710248934452.png

Apparently the Arcade cabinet is extremely rare and is considered a holy grail among Klov members
https://retrogamesuperhyper.com/2019/11/06/grails/
1710249060590.png

only one image of it exists online

Attachments

• 1710249039928.png
    1710249039928.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by Ponlork,
Reactions: flowlapache

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat