PlayStation is shutting down its VR development studio in Manchester, which never released any games

PlayStation-VR-logo.png

PlayStation is closing down yet another one of their British studios, before it could manage to ship a single game. PlayStation's Manchester branch opened in 2015, and was intended to develop and release PlayStation VR titles, and while the studio was confirmed to be working on one game, that is now no longer the case. This is the third shuttering of a PlayStation development branch in the UK, following the closure of Guerilla Cambridge and Evolution Studios in the last four years. Two British teams yet remain under PlayStation's label: Media Molecule and London Studio.

The firm confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that it intends 'to close it as part of our efforts to improve efficiency and operational effectiveness'.

:arrow: Source

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Concise, ironic, funny, descriptive. :)
OK I hear you though i hope yr not trying to slag off sony but you can of course everyone is entitled to express how they feel :Dbut noone should like to see a dev go under

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to know what happened to ROM extraction for PS VR.

I know its out for PC but I also know that I played a demo of this game for PS VR in a mall as Sony was demoing the platform.

It was pretty cool with PS Aim support. A shame it never came to market

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo