PlayStation livestream about PS5 system details scheduled for tomorrow

ps5.JPG

Following Xbox Series X's spec reveals, PlayStation is following suit and plans to unveil more about its next-gen consoles' system architecture. A livestream dedicated to the PS5’s system architecture is planned for tomorrow at 9am Pacific Time/4pm GMT. The console's lead system architect, Mark Cerny, will lead the unveiling and talk about "how it will shape the future of games".

It looks like the next console wars is underway! The livestream will be available via the PlayStation Blog. Will you be watching? What do you expect out of the PS5?

:arrow: SOURCE

D

Deleted User

While I'm most likely going to go with Xbox for this one, this has definitely peaked my interest and I'm gonna have to keep my eyes peeled. Both consoles being competitively specced can only mean good things for this generation of gaming.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people REALLY played all that there is to play on PS4, and did devs really made everything they can on PS4 so they need a NEW system???
What, they cant develop on PS4 anymore, its obsolete now so they need 5? Jesus christ..i turn my head for a moment and they announce a new console....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you PEOPLE honestly NEED a NEW Play Station? Come on, be real?!

I mean...im playing some PSone games i never played or i did, and i enjoy them to much, so i figured...who the heck needs a new console...i need new games damnit!!!

better tech doesnt equal better games. games are the point of consoles, thats what they do. can you tell me that you played every game in existance that you absolutely need a new console? i mean what, PS4 cant play games anymore, or its about capabilities not about games and fun? or is it fun to buy brand new 600$ machine just to admire a scenery?

Im really bothered how this trend "every 5 years new generation arises" became the norm.

Think of it this way: at least with certain PS3 models, it was possible to have full BC with every previous generation system's games. The PS4 eschewed that for whatever remasters companies felt like re-releasing and a streaming service. Now, with a more powerful CPU, and/or some usage of SOCs, they might be able to achieve something approaching full BC with the PS5. BC with the PS4 is a pretty fine prospect as it is, but if they actually let people use their old PS2, PS1, and PS3 discs to play games on the PS5, I think the PS5 will be able to claim the largest officially supported library for a console in history ever.

That being said, I do see your point: it's getting to the point where there's just too many games to play. I mean, I've been wanting to put the Tales Of series on my video games to play list, but this is a series of RPGs that I assume are RPG length games, and not all of them are necessarily the most memorable games ever made. Sure, you have Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Eternia/Tales of Destiny 2 (not to be confused with Tales of Destiny 2 on PS2, btw), the first Symphonia game, Zestria, Bearsia (is that how you spell it?) and probably more to come.

In addition to these, I've been wanting to play through all 5/6 Wild Arms games, but then what about Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, or the Raidou Kuzunoha games? Or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles? Final Fantasy Tactics? Front Mission 2 (not that the translation patch's state is really a way to play a translated game, but this series isn't exactly as popular or as "classic" in the minds of many gamers as Chrono Trigger, the Mana games, and of course, Final Fantasy)? All 3 of the Xenosagas? I never did play the first Nier to see how exactly it connects to Automata.

When I look at my anime backlog, I see cheaper investments, less time to watch everything, and being able to do multiple things while also watching said show/movie.

Long story short, First World Problems + Being in Debt + Coronavirus + Desire for a more meaningful life full of relationships, genuine smiles, laughter, and love as opposed to being stuck in fantasy in all of my private time.

nintendo has a perfect opportunity now to release the switch pro with similar/better specs and blow them both out of the water

If only that was a realistic goal, especially with how things are in the world atm. Not that companies are going to go to, say, Taiwan for manufacturing their electronics.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo has a perfect opportunity now to release the switch pro with similar/better specs and blow them both out of the water
Omg that's the funniest shit ive heard in a while. Would take a shit ton (whole new design) for the switch to even come close to the ps4 let alone the ps5/xbox(wtf ever) :rofl2:

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If someone offered you spanking new switch or switch lite what would you pick and don't say lite as then yr lying - The switch didn't need 2 systems at launch as it was a price most could afford anyway and don't wanna go off topic so thts all I'll say about switch

Yeah, because they are paying for it. B-) Lite has been successful as a budget option and complementary option (second/third switches) so that's a step forward in Nintendo's role as a company and actively supporting/promoting the Switch. Of course you won't say any more, because it's a dumb position not worth the energy to support.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
they said all the previous games would be compatible (and we don't have to buy them again, our bought PSN games on PS4 will be available, right?), but the hardware will probably not be compatible.
Do you think PS4's VR headset will work on PS5 with PS4 games? or will you need to buy a PS5 VR headset even for PS4 games?
If you own a PS5 VR headset but it is not retro compatible with PS4 VR games, you'll need to also own a PS4 VR headset for PS4 VR games.

software retro compatibility is nice, but you had to buy a new camera for PS4 even if you had one for PS3.
Will you need a PS3 camera for PS3 games and a PS4 camera for PS4 games on PS5 ? :lol:

I wonder if I can keep my VR or will need a new one. will PS4 controllers work too?

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: tabzer

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats not very nice. Thats not funny. What's wrong with you ? You think its funny!? JEEZ!
Are you an idiot or what lol-I'm hoping he doesn't get ill as I'm sure you kno thousands are being told to isolate daily thts why I said it it has nothing to do with being funny

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you an idiot or what lol-I'm hoping he doesn't get ill as I'm sure you kno thousands are being told to isolate daily thts why I said it it has nothing to do with being funny

Sorry but its not funny anyway. I noticed some people making a joke about oh my gosh I got a cancer or something and laughed about it. Its not cool so I am not an idiot, thanks. :)

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Howdy +1