PlayStation livestream about PS5 system details scheduled for tomorrow

ps5.JPG

Following Xbox Series X's spec reveals, PlayStation is following suit and plans to unveil more about its next-gen consoles' system architecture. A livestream dedicated to the PS5’s system architecture is planned for tomorrow at 9am Pacific Time/4pm GMT. The console's lead system architect, Mark Cerny, will lead the unveiling and talk about "how it will shape the future of games".

It looks like the next console wars is underway! The livestream will be available via the PlayStation Blog. Will you be watching? What do you expect out of the PS5?

:arrow: SOURCE

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do people REALLY played all that there is to play on PS4, and did devs really made everything they can on PS4 so they need a NEW system???
What, they cant develop on PS4 anymore, its obsolete now so they need 5? Jesus christ..i turn my head for a moment and they announce a new console....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you PEOPLE honestly NEED a NEW Play Station? Come on, be real?!

I mean...im playing some PSone games i never played or i did, and i enjoy them to much, so i figured...who the heck needs a new console...i need new games damnit!!!

better tech doesnt equal better games. games are the point of consoles, thats what they do. can you tell me that you played every game in existance that you absolutely need a new console? i mean what, PS4 cant play games anymore, or its about capabilities not about games and fun? or is it fun to buy brand new 600$ machine just to admire a scenery?
Whoa calm down there buddy, no ones forcing you to buy anything.

No where did I say better tech equals better games. The PS4/XONE came out in 2013 and the CPU's weren't exactly cutting edge then. Many devs have stated that their game visions have been restricted by the CPUs and not GPUs. I'm simply excited to see what this tech can enable developers to achieve. For one , I'd like to see some major advancements in AI and world interaction over simply more cutting edge graphics. Though I know developers will always favour the latter as that's what sells to the majority.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Above crazy comment of the day - ps4 2013 ps4 pro late 2016 - we need new machines - think you need to become mor real lol
So games are démodé, its all about new machines and remakes if i understood you correctly.

All the power to you i guess. Im more for new games on same hardware as much as it can be pushed without a REAL reason for a brand new machine that cost money.

Bring on the next gAME!
i fixed it. :)

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All the power to you i guess. Im more for new games on same hardware as much as it can be pushed without a REAL reason for a brand new machine that cost money
If you want to live a generarion behind then do so I hav nothing against tht but let others move on also - and the ps4 has been out for bloody years lol you act like it came out 2 years ago

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So games are démodé, its all about new machines and remakes if i understood you correctly.

All the power to you i guess. Im more for new games on same hardware as much as it can be pushed without a REAL reason for a brand new machine that cost money.

i fixed it. :)

While the PS4 Pro isn’t that old, the original hardware is. This generation has gone on about as long as the ones before it, so it’s time to see what the new consoles can offer. It means not only new hardware, but potentially a company’s new approach to the market as well. And of course, all the new bells and whistles and first party games that’ll be paraded out for it. Of course a new gen would lead to new games and experiences. And in Microsoft’s (and hopefully PS’s) case, improved experiences of older games as well.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
still uncertain on the price i see i was hoping they'll reveal that too so i can save
With current state of business due to virus price could change at anytime but you kno it's gonna be £400 plus - save as much as you can :D

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no. Many of the systems features and advertised claims of speed, quick restore states and load times depend on super quick storage.

That cheap $40 2TB 5400 RPM drive you threw in your PS4 Pro won't cut it this time around.

So we face a huge challenge. Games will easily be over 100GB for triple A titles. I fully expect the PS5 and sexbox to launch with no more than 1TB of fast storage.

This means roughly 7 or 8 triple A titles can be loaded. You might as well forget about installing older PS4 games on there as you won't have the space.

Remember this post and mark my words - storage will be one of the biggest challenges of this generation (in addition to price, etc)
I agree with storage being a big problem with the new gen consoles and i know the 2tb 5400 rpm hd wont cut it for next gen just missed the proprietary part of the xbox series x announcement until your post. (Thx btw its nice to know lol) i see ps4 coming out with a 1 tb drive something like vnand and another regular hd that it will use for main storage. Transfering info onto the vnand as you go from game to game. Only keeping current game/recently played stored on ssd until space is needed for something. But all speculation until reveal . Man this is fun lol

Lazyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
what a "sudden" response after those months of silence right when xbox announced their specification about their console

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what a "sudden" response after those months of silence right when xbox announced their specification about their console

The timing couldnt be worse honestly. Most peoples minds are preoccupied with the end of the world as we know it.

D

Deleted User

Inb4 it does nothing different from the Series X besides extra controller functions noone bothers using (besides back paddles).

I also suspect it's going to be weaker than Series X because Series X is the premium model and PS5 is mainstream model. Unless we're moving from standard and premium models to standard and budget models.
In which case Sony will win this generation if the rumored discless Series S is true and PS5 lite has a disc drive. The people who care about the disc drive most are families who don't want to spend more than $300-350 on a console. The type of person who buys a high end 4k machine is less likely to care about disc sharing or reselling.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony's like: Hey, we got specs too...

I don't care about which is more powerful since I'm primarily on PC and most games are or eventually become multi-platform anyway. I do appreciate that both companies are moving to SSD. But these days, even 1TB won't get you far space-wise, given some titles have already pushed beyond 100GB of space. I hope companies have developed a solution that allows for minimal install data while still allowing for decent loading times, given how slow and archaic optical disc technology is.

D

Deleted User

I bet the reason Sony chose to ditch E3 is so that they can announce a cheaper price than Microsoft after Microsoft's presentation.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Men luv curves women luv curves - humans luv round things - sony just make it circle shape

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I am curious if they add possibility of much better VR system, then I will jump again to this water. But probably coronashittnes will mess with prices both Xbox and PS5 :(
From what I know they're not changing the headset and controllers, they're just going to make the PS5 compatible with it (at least for the foreseeable future). They WILL be working on improving the experience in other ways. Mainly performance and stability.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Whoa calm down there buddy, no ones forcing you to buy anything.

No where did I say better tech equals better games. The PS4/XONE came out in 2013 and the CPU's weren't exactly cutting edge then. Many devs have stated that their game visions have been restricted by the CPUs and not GPUs. I'm simply excited to see what this tech can enable developers to achieve. For one , I'd like to see some major advancements in AI and world interaction over simply more cutting edge graphics. Though I know developers will always favour the latter as that's what sells to the majority.
I agree with that and let me ask that we also abandon 30 fps once and for all to embrace 60fps... I don't care about 4k or 8k, just don't give me that blurry camera turning in 30 fps...

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony shows of VR in order to stand out. Seems risky but I think maybe it might work.We'll have to see how HL Alyx performs.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta catch em all lol