Playstation users with a billing address in Chicago will soon have to pay a 9% "amusement" tax.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is seriously taking the piss with things:rofl2: Guess they should charge cloud-watching too since it's a form of entertainment! What's next? A "happiness" tax having to pay if you are happy? Seriously people, what is wrong with the US?

To be fair, its one city in the entire country, a big city sure, but still not even close to a full representation of the whole country.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, for one, welcome this development, as it puts in one more reason that consoles should die.

You get taxed for buying a Playstation. You can claim a PC as deductible on your taxes.

And Playstations are literally (not using that word wrong here) just worse PCs. They're built exactly like a PC but with crappier components, plus the scene has to dedicate precious time and resources in cracking a literally worse version of a platform that usually doesn't need to be cracked.

Plus if consoles die, no more dumbass exclusives, thus all games that come out get to shine to their highest potential instead of being put in a lockbox where they can't be uprezzed, they're locked to an inferior framerate, and they can't be modded.

Well done Chicago, expedite the death of consoles, it just can't come fast enough.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't understand why having those privileges of netflix spotify and playstation in chicago is enough of a privilege in that city enough to have to pay a taxes for it
is that city special?
or are those services more fun than other places?

Last edited by migles,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, then by all means, don't visit the US. I'm sure the EU has its own set of hellhole governments.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Really ? Healthcare here in America ?? Hellhole. Healthcare free in Europe and Canada are the best! America.. BLEH. Healthcare is not free here. So it is a hellhole really. :grog:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Really ? Healthcare here in America ?? Hellhole. Healthcare free in Europe and Canada are the best! America.. BLEH. Healthcare is not free here. So it is a hellhole really. :grog:

Good, then I hope you never visit where I live, we don't need you here :creep: You'll never be welcome with that bitter attitude.:lol: Stay in the EU, we have enough issues as it is with our current shitty government.

Man, I don't go bashing around people for their governments' actions, so please don't spread your anti-American bullshit because of the actions of our government.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good, then I hope you never visit where I live, we don't need you here :creep: You'll never be welcome with that bitter attitude.:lol: Stay in the EU, we have enough issues as it is with our current shitty government.

Man, I don't go bashing around people for their governments' actions, so please don't spread your anti-American bullshit because of the actions of our government.
You really seem to get quite hot under the collar when someone could be perceived to have slighted the US. Though most amusing of all is you give the stereotypical American response to it (the borderline reflexive "if you don't like it then don't come here" thing, among others); people from most other places will tend to laugh it off and ignore it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really seem to get quite hot under the collar when someone could be perceived to have slighted the US. Though most amusing of all is you give the stereotypical American response to it (the borderline reflexive "if you don't like it then don't come here" thing, among others); people from most other places will tend to laugh it off and ignore it.

I'm sorry that I'm not a perfect human being nor an upstanding American.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

:rofl2::creep::hrth::grog::toot:

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demarcates love to tax dont they. Remember Nanny Bloomberg in New york with the soda tax? same shit. When government is larger you get taxed. You want "free" school? heres your tax. when the tax rate is over 50% dont cry. It will be like any of the Scandinavian countries that Bernie Sanders loves.....

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The demarcates love to tax dont they. Remember Nanny Bloomberg in New york with the soda tax? same shit. When government is larger you get taxed. You want "free" school? heres your tax. when the tax rate is over 50% dont cry. It will be like any of the Scandinavian countries that Bernie Sanders loves.....
No matter how you try to spin it, it still sounds like a good deal for the most part. Democrats want a marginal tax rate, not a flat tax rate, and for my part I'd gladly pay slightly higher taxes if it means tuition-free college and guaranteed healthcare coverage for all citizens.

FFS, the way things stand now, you can go into debt for life for a single hospital stay/needed surgery, or for student loans. So at the moment we don't have much option but to consider alternatives.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: ThoD and JeepX87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo