filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Quite nice game, not my preferred type of game,but a great mobile game.
I got some ideas/tips:

Spice up the graphics, like a lot.
Find a publisher.
Port it to Windows Phone, If you want to have a successful game you must include support for the best mobile os ;)
Also, include TONS of Easter Eggs and references.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I got some ideas/tips:

Find a publisher.
Port it to Windows Phone, If you want to have a successful game you must include support for the best mobile os ;)

I actually have a little easter egg in there for minecraft fans ;) See if you can find it! :D

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with some points, except removing the How To Play. And what do you mean by making my links tapable? Thanks for trying and sharing your opinions! :)
Personal thing, I don't believe in hand holding.-+

And the URL that shows up on the intro screen in the 1st second when booting the app. I assume the link goes to a homepage or something, but no on is going to read it, memorize it, open a browser, and type the URL. Just make tapping the lgo to your site instead of it just being there taking up space.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway

And the URL that shows up on the intro screen in the 1st second when booting the app. I assume the link goes to a homepage or something, but no on is going to read it, memorize it, open a browser, and type the URL. Just make tapping the lgo to your site instead of it just being there taking up space.

Oh, that! That's only there because I'm using free sound effets from two sites, and I have to include the url to their sites to use them. It's not meant as a tapable link, just credit ;) I agree with the handholding stuff, but I feel it's important to learn inexperienced player about the goal and mechanics of the game. I totally see your point though :) Also, the game has riddles that need solving and that aren't explained in the "How To Play", like have you finished the first level, or got the "Secret Weapon" in the second level? ;)

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that! That's only there because I'm using free sound effets from two sites, and I have to include the url to their sites to use them. It's not meant as a tapable link, just credit ;) I agree with the handholding stuff, but I feel it's important to learn inexperienced player about the goal and mechanics of the game. I totally see your point though :) Also, the game has riddles that need solving and that aren't explained in the "How To Play", like have you finished the first level, or got the "Secret Weapon" in the second level? ;)
No. Much like I said before, atleast on my phone, I quit after 5 or 10 minutes because I kept getting tired of accidentally hitting the back button and having to constantly reopen the app.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
No. Much like I said before, atleast on my phone, I quit after 5 or 10 minutes because I kept getting tired of accidentally hitting the back button and having to constantly reopen the app.

I fixed that now! Pressing Back brings up the Pause Menu and I also added Screen Rotation :) I assumed you mean that when you turn the device upside down, the screen should rotate? :)

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I got some ideas/tips:

Find a publisher.

Windows Phone is not a good platform for earning money, which is clearly what our OP is trying to do.
Easter eggs are nice, but it's only that, nice. Too many would make it kinda dull.
Spicing up the graphics will most likely happen in the future when he gets some hardware and software or an artist to make them
Also, he doesn't need a publisher for making a game on Google Play, so there's that.

Also, the action button helps a lot. :bow:

FireSeel

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice game! Can I suggest making the dpad on the left option an actual dpad, not just changing the texture. Other than that, its good.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Windows Phone is not a good platform for earning money, which is clearly what our OP is trying to do.
Easter eggs are nice, but it's only that, nice. Too many would make it kinda dull.
Spicing up the graphics will most likely happen in the future when he gets some hardware and software or an artist to make them
Also, he doesn't need a publisher for making a game on Google Play, so there's that.

Also, the action button helps a lot. :bow:

Great! It's nice to see that you liked it! :)

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Bluetooth multiplayer if possible? btw this game is great!

I know, that would actually would have been really awesome! :D I'm going to take a look at it,b ut I can't promise anything :D

Dude, that would be so epic in so many levels.
Especially in the later rounds where it's zombie galore.

BTW Delta, congrats, more than 100+ people have downloaded the game. :toot:

Thanks! :D Im trying to see if I can get someone to try and review my game on gaming sites or YouTube, but haven't had any luck so far :( If anyone here reviews game or makes video, it would be really awesome if you could make some videos about it!

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! :D Im trying to see if I can get someone to try and review my game on gaming sites or YouTube, but haven't had any luck so far :( If anyone here reviews game or makes video, it would be really awesome if you could make some videos about it!

I could, but I'm not popular at all. Got about 6 subscribers...

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway

Just wanted to let you know that a new update have been posted where I have done som changes I hope you like :) Please tell me your opinions about them :)

Also, thanks to everyone for leaving a total of 18 five stars review! I also would like to ask one more thing from you guys, if thats okay? :) I would appreciate it if you could help me spreading the word about this game by tweeting about it, making videos, sharing with your friends or anything! I also created a reddit thread (Link here) and it would really help me if you could upvote or leave comments in it! I'm sorry if I sounds like a spamming and requesting idiot, but I really could use your guys help since I can't afford advertising my games like the big companies, who fill their games with all these micro-transaction crap! :) It's totally optionable though!

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
fun game but i think powerups should spawn more often.
Yeah I agree :) Thanks for playing!
Dude, that would be so epic in so many levels.
Especially in the later rounds where it's zombie galore.

BTW Delta, congrats, more than 100+ people have downloaded the game. :toot:
I could, but I'm not popular at all. Got about 6 subscribers...
So I finally got the new lightning system to work on android! The update is out now. Please tell me what you think :)

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Also, if you like my game then please vote for it on this page! :D If I win, the game will be featured on their homepage which would really help me out with marketing the game. I need your help, tempers! Our big enemy is Big Tower who has 10 more votes than mine :)

beamquaker

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know if u would do this but what about hardware button mapping. My moga pro connects and can shoot in the direction but cant move so mapping my buttons may sort that. I think you have a good game here and online co op would be amazing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkjpCNa6vlY