Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
PokéCommunity OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP

MtDlBs3.png
7t3daVO.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn't need to grind to equal that!

Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which is designed to improve competitive players' ability to practice and grind. In Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.​

Last edited by Dio Vento,

SenelK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing Mina's trial and

841840e87c.jpg

I don't think Lana's team is supposed to be this low leveled lol. Before her I face Ilima and his team was fine and leveled

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing Mina's trial and

841840e87c.jpg

I don't think Lana's team is supposed to be this low leveled lol. Before her I face Ilima and his team was fine and leveled
Yeah, that is definitely a bug. Looks like I mixed up the optional Lana rematch in Konikoni City with the Mina trial rematch for her and missed it in testing since me and the only beta tester to make it that far were playing Supernova Sun. Less of an issue in Supernova Sun, but if you were to fight the optional Konikoni Island Lana battle in Supernova Sun, you'd get thrashed.

New update!
Current Version: v1.0.3
(1/05/2018)​
  • Fixed Lana's battles (Konikoni City rematch was swapped with Mina's Trial rematch)
  • Minor text fixes
Downloads of the mod have been updated to link to v1.0.3.​

Last edited by Dio Vento,
Reactions: Prof. Eibe

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that is definitely a bug. Looks like I mixed up the optional Lana rematch in Konikoni City with the Mina trial rematch for her and missed it in testing since me and the only beta tester to make it that far were playing Supernova Sun. Less of an issue in Supernova Sun, but if you were to fight the optional Konikoni Island Lana battle in Supernova Sun, you'd get thrashed.

New update!
Current Version: v1.0.3
(1/05/2018)​
  • Fixed Lana's battles (Konikoni City rematch was swapped with Mina's Trial rematch)
  • Minor text fixes
Downloads of the mod have been updated to link to v1.0.3.​
Are the kids before Lana supposed to be in the 50s? This is from the previous patch, not the update you just posted here. I played Supernova Sun, Lana was fine, but the kids before her were weak. I assumed it was on purpose

Bobblybook

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The 6iv ditto is not actually 6IV, at least not in mine. Came with destiny knot and named 6IV!, but it has IVs of 4/31/7/12/25/14. I can PKHeX them up to 31 but it seems a bit of an oddity... v1.0.2.

Mocoface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't go through all pages on this thread but did you improve the URS teams? Do they use other UBs as well?

Patrickz22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How can i use no outline patch while using this hack? They have the same folder, when i put the file of no outline patch in the folder of this hack i get black screen then crash.

LucarioSplat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a easy way to update the game ? i saw you fixed lana but it means i need to download and replace the files again..

KHSebastian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a tip on where to find that Ditto trade? I don't want to waste time talking to every npc if the Ditto is at endgame, since nobody ever stops talking to begin with this generation.

Also, thank you for making this! This is the most fun I've had with Pokemon in years

Skylar-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My game crashes when trying to buy at a Pokémon Market.. (Im using the Legit build with Drag & Drop method)

Last edited by Skylar-,

SenelK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completed Umbra Moon and took on Team RR!

about Team RR, they were definitely harder than before, though I have to admit I found some of the grunts more challenging than the bosses lol. The only boss that almost swept me was Cyrus' Giratina, I had NO counters for that thing. Also I expected Ghetsis to have Genesect, not Giovanni.

zackvascon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Map: 001 - Route 1 (Hau’oli Outskirts) / 005 - Route 1
Tables: 3
Table 1 (Day):
Encounters (Levels 4-6): Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Combee (10%), Glameow (10%), Buneary (10%), Nincada (10%), Weedle (10%), Caterpie (10%), Togepi (10%), Sentret (10%), Yungoos (10%)
SOS Slot 1 (Levels 4-6): Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Vespiquen (10%), Glameow (10%), Buneary (10%), Nincada (10%), Weedle (10%), Caterpie (10%), Togepi (10%), Sentret (10%), Yungoos (10%)
SOS Slot 2 (Levels 4-6): Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Vespiquen (10%), Glameow (10%), Buneary (10%), Nincada (10%), Weedle (10%), Caterpie (10%), Togepi (10%), Sentret (10%), Yungoos (10%)
SOS Slot 3 (Levels 4-6): Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Combee (10%), Glameow (10%), Buneary (10%), Nincada (10%), Weedle (10%), Caterpie (10%), Togepi (10%), Sentret (10%), Yungoos (10%)
SOS Slot 4 (Levels 4-6): Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Combee (10%), Glameow (10%), Buneary (10%), Nincada (10%), Weedle (10%), Caterpie (10%), Togepi (10%), Sentret (10%), Yungoos (10%)
SOS Slot 5 (Levels 4-6): Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Combee (10%), Glameow (10%), Buneary (10%), Nincada (10%), Weedle (10%), Caterpie (10%), Togepi (10%), Sentret (10%), Yungoos (10%)
SOS Slot 6 (Levels 4-6): Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Combee (10%), Glameow (10%), Buneary (10%), Nincada (10%), Weedle (10%), Caterpie (10%), Togepi (10%), Sentret (10%), Yungoos (10%)
SOS Slot 7 (Levels 4-6): Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Combee (10%), Glameow (10%), Buneary (10%), Nincada (10%), Weedle (10%), Caterpie (10%), Togepi (10%), Sentret (10%), Yungoos (10%)
Additional SOS encounters: (None)

impossible to get weedle
this table is the same for penumbra moon dio?

thax

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a tip on where to find that Ditto trade? I don't want to waste time talking to every npc if the Ditto is at endgame, since nobody ever stops talking to begin with this generation.

Also, thank you for making this! This is the most fun I've had with Pokemon in years
it's the first trade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021