OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@Densetsu if you give me a few days, I'll start TRYING to catalogue all this madness. However, I'm gonna need help on what exactly I have to cover. I hope to God that it doesn't require me to dig through the ENTIRE ROM Hacking forum. Can it be the first like thirty pages...? Or something like that?

Just tell me what I need to do, and then I'll do my best to help out. I'm working two jobs, and taking a summer class, so don't yell at me if it's a bit behind.
Thanks for the offer. I've already received PMs offering to help with this thread as well. We can set up a PM thread with everyone who wants to help so you can all coordinate in private whenever you spot an old project that hasn't been updated in forever.

If anyone wants to help in organizing the Pokemon hack directory, send me a PM and I'll contact all of you in a mass PM so everyone can collaborate together. I'll figure out the logistics of it once I have a better idea of how many people want to do this.

Reactions: 2 people

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imma let you finish, but Flora Sky was the best hack of all time. THE BEST HACK OF ALL TIME.

I love Pokemon and all, but it's like whenever someone starts a translation project. "All I need is some translators and people that know rom hacking!"

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind me saying, having Pokemon Hacks in this thread isn't very great. This thread will grow into a lot of pages, and the hacks will become harder to find, since they are also cluttered with the normal posts. Maybe create a sticky where someone posts their hack, and it is added to the Main Post via Spoiler. There would be a poll for which one people like best and after a hack reaches a certain amount of likes, it can be published as its own thread. There would be requirements, obviously, such as Screenshots, Videos, 3-4 Paragraphed descriptions, an interesting idea, and good grammar. If the hack doesn't meet these requirements, it isn't added to the Main Post.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't mind me saying, having Pokemon Hacks in this thread isn't very great. This thread will grow into a lot of pages, and the hacks will become harder to find, since they are also cluttered with the normal posts. Maybe create a sticky where someone posts their hack, and it is added to the Main Post via Spoiler. There would be a poll for which one people like best and after a hack reaches a certain amount of likes, it can be published as its own thread. There would be requirements, obviously, such as Screenshots, Videos, 3-4 Paragraphed descriptions, an interesting idea, and good grammar. If the hack doesn't meet these requirements, it isn't added to the Main Post.
Thats why they wanna have a directory on the first page. To link to the posted ideas.
It will work I think

Reactions: Nxenz and Flintiex

Unagi

A disgrace to his famiry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel that the ROM hacking forum is already bloated with enough bloatware as is. How bout if the topic isn't given a reply for six months it shouldn't have to be added to the repository? I think it'd be beneficial if the repository consisted of worthy hacks who show an initiative to work and get a good patch out with a good form of presentation.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is the title of the game Faze or Faza? You seem to switch between the two a lot.

Pokemon faze version
this is my new hack of Sinnoh
Starter:Turtwig, Piplup, Chimchar
Trainer: they all have sinnoh pokemon only some have like crobat, roselia,magikarp and others
wild pokemon: sinnoh
This does not tell me anything. "this is my new hack of Sinnoh" implies that it's a hack of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but all of the other info implies otherwise. Again with the conflicting information.

progress:
music:0%
trainer:80%
wild Pokemon:70%
sprite:??? Drapion is helping me with that
Gym leader:60%
Over all progress:70%
No, to get your overall progress you have to add up all of the sections and divide by how many sections there are. 0+80+70+???(assuming it's 0 for now)+60=210. Divide this by 5 (for the five sections) and you get 42. Your hack is only 42% complete.

Elite 4
Shantual:Grass
Caitlin:Water
Grimsley:Fire
Marshual:Fighting
Alder:All Type
This is a good one, but you need to explain more. What types did you change them from?

Evolution Chart
Kadabra>Alakazam=25
Machoke>Machamp=40
Graveler>Golem=40
Haunter>Gengar=40
Slowbro>Slowking=50
Poliwhirl>Politoad=35
Onix>Stelix=30
Rhydon>Rhyperior=55
Sedra>Kingdra=42
Scyther>Scizor=32
Electabuzz>Electivire=40
Magmar>Magmortar=40
Porygon>Porygon 2=30
Porygon 2>Porygon-z=40
Duskclops>Dusknoir=50
Clamperl>Huntail=30
Clamperl>Gorebyse=30
Sneasel>Weaville=40
Riolu>Lucario=25
Please do not use black text, as it does not show up on the dark GBAtemp theme.

Pokemon Faze Version Beta v1.1
Your hack is not at Beta v1.1. Your hack is at Alpha v0.2, AT LEAST. And I won't repeat what I said about black text.

Reactions: 2 people

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Maybe create a sticky where someone posts their hack, and it is added to the Main Post via Spoiler. There would be a poll for which one people like best and after a hack reaches a certain amount of likes, it can be published as its own thread. There would be requirements, obviously, such as Screenshots, Videos, 3-4 Paragraphed descriptions, an interesting idea, and good grammar. If the hack doesn't meet these requirements, it isn't added to the Main Post.
If someone wants to take the initiative and create an index of all Pokemon hacks and link to all of them, I'll give them control of Post #2 of this topic. Sorry @Nujui if your post gets hijacked :unsure:

If you accept this responsibility and later on for some reason you can't continue to update the index, the post will be transferred to anyone else who wants to take over. This way there will always be someone willing to update the index.
This would require someone who is willing to go through all of the hacks and organize them into an index, and who is responsible enough to keep it updated. We have a Translation Index and a Translation Requests thread, and those work well.

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe create a sticky where someone posts their hack, and it is added to the Main Post via Spoiler. There would be a poll for which one people like best and after a hack reaches a certain amount of likes, it can be published as its own thread. There would be requirements, obviously, such as Screenshots, Videos, 3-4 Paragraphed descriptions, an interesting idea, and good grammar. If the hack doesn't meet these requirements, it isn't added to the Main Post.
If someone wants to take the initiative and create an index of all Pokemon hacks and link to all of them, I'll give them control of Post #2 of this topic. Sorry @Nujui if your post gets hijacked :unsure:

If you accept this responsibility and later on for some reason you can't continue to update the index, the post will be transferred to anyone else who wants to take over. This way there will always be someone willing to update the index.
This would require someone who is willing to go through all of the hacks and organize them into an index, and who is responsible enough to keep it updated. We have a Translation Index and a Translation Requests thread, and those work well.
Well, I gladly volunteer, it would be fun to look at all the unique hacks :)

EDIT: Well, determine if they are, lol.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What game is this even a hack of?

I have changed the starter pokemon, intro pokemon and the pokemon all over the region.
This does not explain everything. What have you changed these things to?

Pokemon: 100%
Sprites: 30%
Script: 60%
Overall: 70%
No, you are 63% done. 100+30+60+70=190. 190/3=63. You were close, however, so I apologize if I sound a bit harsh on this point.

lol.png
lol.png
Your images do not work because you are trying to link them directly from your computer. Upload them to an image hosting site such as Imgur or Tinypic and submit them again.

I would say maybe v0.6, maybe.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Nxenz

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pokemon Mixed Balls, duuuuhh.

Will threads talking about making a Pokemon hack be closed, too? Cause those are quite annoying.
For instance, "I'm thinking about making a Pokemon hack about boobs, but I need this, this, this, this, this, and this, and looking for people to do this, this, this, this, and this. It will be the best Pokeboobs ever."

Reactions: 1 person

pokemon hacker f

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain

Pokemon Mixed Balls, duuuuhh.

Will threads talking about making a Pokemon hack be closed, too? Cause those are quite annoying.
For instance, "I'm thinking about making a Pokemon hack about boobs, but I need this, this, this, this, this, and this, and looking for people to do this, this, this, this, and this. It will be the best Pokeboobs ever."
ur wierd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Nintendo should do a health PSA like that lol