ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this patch a lot. I have one suggestion about convenience that still makes the Pokemon legal. Is it possible to add egg moves into the level up list? Another thing that I didn't see mentioned was moving the annoying post-game TMs such as Surf so that they are accessible before the league.
This doesn't make them legal. Legality scanners can tell the difference, since the game keeps track of what moves a Pokémon was bred with. So a Marill caught in the wild that knows Aqua Jet will always be detected and flagged as illegal.
TMs in any context other than "sold in a shop" are something I can't edit. Ground items and items given by an NPC are not currently editable, unfortunately.

DeathKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a small question about drag and drop installation. Does that change the banner of the installed game or is it possible for it to change the banner? Would be nice to have the banner say Nova Sun when game is selected.

Also any future updates planned?

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know, @Dio Vento , you may want to take a look at Pokemon Trainer Amelia (fought in the hotel on Route 8 after becoming champion). I'm using the Drag & Drop version (1.8, Expanded build) and most of her team was level 100, but she had a Weavile that was level 61.

Last edited by gamerboy1995,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a small question about drag and drop installation. Does that change the banner of the installed game or is it possible for it to change the banner? Would be nice to have the banner say Nova Sun when game is selected.

Also any future updates planned?
You can't change the banner with the Drag and Drop method, but the banner will change if you build a CIA. You can build a CIA then use the Drag and Drop method on top of that CIA to easily update the ROM hack (and allow you to use Sun/Moon v1.2).

Major updates aren't planned, but I do intend to fix bugs as they crop up, such as:
Just so you know, @Dio Vento , you may want to take a look at Pokemon Trainer Amelia (fought in the hotel on Route 8 after becoming champion). I'm using the Drag & Drop version (1.8, Expanded build) and most of her team was level 100, but she had a Weavile that was level 61.

Actually, are you sure her name was Amelia? The only Trainers I see with names starting in "Am" are Breeder Amanda (team in high Lv20s) and both versions of Sightseer Amy (Battle Buffet Trainer).

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
This doesn't make them legal. Legality scanners can tell the difference, since the game keeps track of what moves a Pokémon was bred with. So a Marill caught in the wild that knows Aqua Jet will always be detected and flagged as illegal.
TMs in any context other than "sold in a shop" are something I can't edit. Ground items and items given by an NPC are not currently editable, unfortunately.
Wouldn't it be the other way around? The only way to catch Marill (in vanilla) is through Island Scan, and it'll always have Aqua Jet, so a Marill caught in the wild that doesn't know Aqua Jet would be detected and flagged as illegal.

Also, I'm guessing gamerboy meant Anabel.

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be the other way around? The only way to catch Marill (in vanilla) is through Island Scan, and it'll always have Aqua Jet, so a Marill caught in the wild that doesn't know Aqua Jet would be detected and flagged as illegal.
There's no way for the game to tell which moves a Pokemon was caught with, so catching it without Aqua Jet would be no different than catching it with Aqua Jet and then replacing it with another move.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way for the game to tell which moves a Pokemon was caught with, so catching it without Aqua Jet would be no different than catching it with Aqua Jet and then replacing it with another move.
Incorrect. Here's a wild-caught Togedemaru from default Moon. Note the green checkmark that shows it's "legal". Also note how it has no "relearn moves" in the second screenshot.
lOWVAF0.png
6CQjhSZ.png

If I give it an Egg Move, say, Encore which it learns via breeding with the Clefairy family (among others)...
nTkMex7.png

Look! it's suddenly Illegal!

Let's take this Lv11 Wishiwashi that I bred.
7LfHNYC.png

Notice how it has "Relearn moves" of Water Gun and Growl? Those are the moves it had when it hatched from the Egg. If it had any Egg Moves, they'd show up there, even if the Pokémon doesn't have them in its current moveset. This is so that Egg Moves can be relearned via the Move Relearner. So let's see what happens if you give it Muddy Water, which it learns via breeding with the Barboach family.
ZvdhC9h.png

Whoops! Suddenly Illegal again! And that's because if it had learned Muddy Water via breeding, it would show up in the Relearn Moves list.
6CEGwHo.png

All legal again, everything checks out.

So, adding Egg Moves to the Level Up list will produce illegal Pokémon that will trip hack checks as long as they know those Egg Moves.

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, adding Egg Moves to the Level Up list will produce illegal Pokémon that will trip hack checks as long as they know those Egg Moves.
Oh. I thought because Island Scan Marill comes with Aqua Jet when caught, it wouldn't need to be added to Relearn Moves.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, are you sure her name was Amelia? The only Trainers I see with names starting in "Am" are Breeder Amanda (team in high Lv20s) and both versions of Sightseer Amy (Battle Buffet Trainer).

I thought it said Amelia in the battle, but on second glance it appears to be Anabel. The girl in this picture.
jpg

so how do i access mega evolution? it says i need to use a save editor right?
You need to either use a save editor or wait until after you beat the Elite 4. Mega Evolution is unlocked post-game by battling Dexio on Poni Island, on the way to the Battle Tree.

Reactions: req0black

req0black

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so with this rom hack, all non legendary pokemon are catchable in the wild (on expanded version)? also, does anyone know where i could find a patch for my game for just modifying the wild pokemon encounters?

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so with this rom hack, all non legendary pokemon are catchable in the wild (on expanded version)? also, does anyone know where i could find a patch for my game for just modifying the wild pokemon encounters?
All you need to do is download the Drag and Drop version, but only copy a/0/3/2 for Sun or a/0/3/3 for Moon.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do this, Wild Pokémon will be incredibly overleveled relative to your team and enemy Trainers. Just so you know.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant get it to work, im running luma 6.6, is that the problem?
Yes. As the OP and FAQ post say, this hack requires Luma3DS 7.0 or greater to run. Go update to b9s and Luma 8.1 or if you want to be really lazy leave your a9lh install going and get Luma 7.0.5. There's links to both of these things in the FAQ post.

req0black

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. As the OP and FAQ post say, this hack requires Luma3DS 7.0 or greater to run. Go update to b9s and Luma 8.1 or if you want to be really lazy leave your a9lh install going and get Luma 7.0.5. There's links to both of these things in the FAQ post.
ok cool, thank!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aaaaaaannnnnnd i already lost all my continues
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only set three default lives btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz of score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -deleted-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop ctrl cing me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, here ctrl-Z
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ctrl u 2 u
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, that turned my tv channel, you got powers
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The fbi will be knocking on your door soon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They all went mad after looking at my browser history
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Why, cause beastiality is not legal in Florida yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, they rewrote the constitution when they saw your browser history
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Psionic Roshambo, they rewrote the constitution when they saw your browser history