ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

jirapart555

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
For those who have the problem of xdelta GUI not openning due to some problem ( like me :( ).
Here's the alternative way of patching rom and it's work for me. :)

1. Go down to Start and click on 'Run'.
2. In the 'Run' dialog box, type in 'cmd' and hit enter.
3. Now comes the tricky part, so follow closely...
4. Drag the 'xDelta.exe' onto the command-prompt window (Don't drag 'xDelta GUI.exe'!).
5. Then hit the space key.
6. Now type in 'patch' followed by a space.
7. Now drag the .patch file you want to apply to your ROM onto the command window.
8. Then hit the space key.
9. Now drag your Clean ROM onto the command window.
10. Then hit the space key.
11. Now drag your Clean ROM onto the command window again, once you have done that use your arrow keys to move the cursor so its over the '.' before the 'nds'
12. type in '_patched'.
13. Now hit enter and wait until you see the ROM with the '_patched' extension with the size '124 MB' ( for me it's 124 ).
14. There you are done! The patched ROM should be in the same folder as the original ROM.

Hope this help. :)

Credit : Spenstar for sharing this method ( in 2010 though ).

ItsAaronLad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys i need help... I got that graphic glitch where you escape rope out of sprout tower and i had to start a new game... i put in the 10x exp Action replay code because i wanted to get back to where i was... now every time my cindaquil levels up the game freezes? I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME! Ive had so much trouble with it so far :(

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, time to answer some questions...

In answer to the graphical glitch bug (with the squares, green lines etc etc) that's something DeSmuME happens to do which doesn't appear to be fixable. If this occurs, SAVE IMMEDIATELY and just reset the game and it should be okay. no$ doesn't do it as far as I'm aware, so you no$ users should be fine.

Err, it appears I forgot to put anything about the move changes. :X IIRC the only differences are...
- B/W move upgrades
- Cut is 60 power Grass
- Rock Smash is 60 power Fighting and the effect rate has been cut to 30%
- Strength is now 60 power Rock (for balancing) and has a 10% chance to reduce opponent's attack

I'll probably get around to the roster one eventually, it was kind of both a combo of wanting to keep it a secret and not having enough time to do it (every time I tried I got bored, haha). I'll make one eventually, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if I broke Primo's script (i.e. PPRE didn't compile it correctly or something). You might just have to go without that one, I should probably take him out if it's gonna crash.

The 124 MB is fine, that's simply trash bytes being taken out the compiled ROM. PPRE does this automatically, so it showed up in the final product too.

I can probably make a version without the AP patch if it's proving to be that annoying for CycloDS. (Bit of a shame, really, but what can you do?) I'll get that up ASAP.

To be honest I don't know about the Arceus thing, technically it should as I haven't changed the script for that IIRC but you're gonna have Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf floating around all the time and I probably broke something related to it within Sinjoh Ruins.

Ah, sorry, I forgot to mention the fossils. Normal way too, but in the what-was the Bike Shop you can talk to a guy to get one of each fossil with the exception of the Old Amber. You can revive fossils in the same building.

I might put those xdelta instructions in the first post, it'll be helpful!

Aaron, if you're using DeSmuME, refer to the instructions above. If no$... I have no idea.

For all of you having problems with no$ still (even on 2.6a) I would recommend the use of no$zoomer if you aren't already using it.

Also there might be a glitch so I might be updating shortly...

Thank you for any compliments, and if there's anything I haven't answered then I probably have no idea.

EDIT: Looks like a script problem slipped past me in Olivine City, so you won't be able to get past the rival when he comes out the Pokémon Center. I'll be uploading a fixed version shortly.

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Have tried to use the cheats on my Supercard DSTWO card, but I can't get it to work. The card doesn't recognize the codes in the usrcheat.dat file. I have checked and double-checked that the game ID is right, but I can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Btw, great hack! Been waiting on this one awhile! ^^

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, updated it. Apologies for having to bring up a new version so quickly, seems that one bit slipped past me due to the way I was doing the testing.

It also occurred to me the two versions have different Game IDs so the AR document now contains all four of them. Perhaps that's the problem for you, R4ndom?

edit: Seems the anti piracy change is in the arm9 file, which I used to change some of the market stuff... I guess those of you having problems with it could temporarily replace it with the arm9 from the original hgss or something? :s I don't know if it'd affect the game post the initial opening sequence

Archall101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having difficulty finding surf, currently a Kimono girl is blocking the theatre so I'm unable to obtain it the traditional way, should I just continue the story where it will be given to me eventually?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
She's not meant to appear until after the Earth Badge...

I don't know why the hell that's happening o____o Has anyone else had this problem..?

edit: Archall, just to make sure, were you playing SG/SS from the beginning or did you swap it from a HG/SS save or something? The way I've done it means you're going to have blockades all over if you don't do it from the beginning because of the way I've set the flags. If that's the case you might need to start again :X

Archall101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it was a clean rom and a start from the beginning, no prior saves so ye I hope I don't have to start over >.>

Also in the off chance it helps you, it was happening in v1.00 and v1.01

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. Then... I have no idea.

I'd suggest just using walk through walls to get past her (I assume she talks about Jirachi?):

94000130 FCFD0200
1205DAA2 00000200
D2000000 00000000
94000130 FCFD0100
1205DAA2 00001C20
D2000000 00000000

L+B to disable, R+B to enable. If anyone else gets this Surf problem, please let me know, although I double checked the script and I definitely set the correct flag so I don't know what's going on there.

Also a note since it totally slipped my mind to mention this; if any of you are using Rotom, there's a guy in the basement of the Goldenrod Mart with a thief overworld sprite. If you talk to him you get teleported to the room in Saffron City with the appliances.

iRyahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem as Archall, with v1.00 and now with v1.01 as well. She goes on to say something about Jirachi and doesn't budge from in front of the dance theatre.
Also another small visual bug, when the Rival exits Olivine City Gym he walks through a Rocket Grunt. Not a big deal, but a bug none the less :P

Edit: Two more bugs: First is a very small bug, well not really a bug, but it doesn't make sense according to the story line. The Bike Shop still phones you asking about your bike and continuing to say you can keep it, etc. Doesn't really make sense for the sole fact that you received your bike from your Mom. Sorry if it's a stupid thing to report!

Second is when choosing Rotom forms after being warped to the room by the thief, if you make Rotom learn a move, then click a different appliance, you will become glitched and the next map you enter will be black screen error. That's what happened to me, anyways.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ARGH, I bet I know what the problem is...

Both of you, can I ask what version of the game you're playing?

edit: Okay, this is going to sound silly, but I think this is to do with where you actually entered to talk to the old man. DAMN YOU SCRIPTS. I'll have to update again then. And I don't know how to fix the problem for you guys. HFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Archall101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using V1.00 when i first noticed her and was unable to enter, then in v1.01 I used my save from v1.00 to continue and she still blocks the entrance

iRyahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Sacred Gold, if that's what you meant. The problem first occurred in v1.00 and carried onto v1.01, I played through the whole game right and I am pretty sure I encountered all her previous scripts. (One in Violet City, and one in that forest where she gets lost.)

Edit: Don't really want to make a new post just to say this, but yeah, I don't mind stopping for a bit. I need to train and catch a few pokemon anyways, so i'll just stay in the Olivine area for now. Thanks for being so quick to fix this kind of stuff.

and I personally got my Old Rod just fine.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I might be able to try putting in a temporary NPC to fix the flags for some of you, although since you're at different points it's going to be a bit urgh.

My guess is that if you entered Cherrygrove in a certain position, the flags that should have been set aren't. This means this only affects some of you.

This is quite an error. e__e I'll see what I can do, I guess... I knew I should have just put the damn things in the starting house. The rocket grunt in Olivine won't matter since he'll vanish after a certain point anyway, though, but it means you guys are probably going to be able to get Earth Badge stuff a lot earlier than you were meant to.

I can try making a countermeasure that may or may not work, or just sacrifice you guys in order to fix everyone else and let you two (and anyone else who has this problem) use walk through walls to get past anything that seems inappropriate?

Making ANOTHER update at any rate. I do apologise, you must all hate me for forcing you to redownload things continuously.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Check the features and screenshots in the first post and see if anything catches your eye. That's about all I can say, really.

'Course, there's not many HG/SS hacks in general, but I don't know your attitude towards various things so I can't really give advice.

edit: Okay, I'm going to put an NPC in Olivine's Pokemon Center that will set all the flags that should have been set for you guys, since otherwise you're going to be having legendaries and stuff showing up all over the place where they shouldn't be. Ryahn, can I ask you to stop progressing for a tiny bit?

Master_Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So should I just wait for 1.02 today since the other two versions have the Olivine issue apparently? And thanks for putting in the time and effort for this hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate...