Pokémon Scarlet and Violet destroyed Pokémon altogether

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Now, don't get me wrong. Pokémon USED to be good. Every time a game came out (UNTIL GENERATION 8) you knew it was gonna be a heavy hit. But then Generation 8 (aka Pokémon Sod and Shelled) came along. It wasn't very good, but when Generation 9 was announced, we had VERY high hopes. Weed Cat, the ability to inject steroids into your Po- wait couldn't you ALWAYS inject steroids into your Pokémon, other shit. Then it released. It sucks. Now, it is already unacceptable to release game that looks like shit, plays like shit, and dear god... It's shit, just like the taste of a Nintendo Switch Game Card. What was wrong? Well, it's a sequel to Sonic 06 (aesthetically). You already know its problems, and Twatter defends it because the users popped bath salts. Did Game Fuck patch it like they were supposed to? No. They released a 30-dollar DLC for a broken game that has PLENTY OF CONTENT. Mario Party Superstars needs a DLC, not this shit! Geez, Sod and Shelled were bad enough, but at least they LOOKED and PLAYED well. Let me tell you that a DLC does NOT patch a game. That's just like adding those dice things on a car that is beyond repair in the hopes that it fixes said car. So I decided that Game Fuck no longer deserves my money. I just quit Pokémon altogether. They just want your money and nothing else. So if you see someone playing Scarlet and Violet, just walk away immediately, and make sure to keep your wallet safe before they tell you that it's "good" (when it really isn't)

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm sorry, I just couldn't take you seriously after reading your nicknames for the games lmao

Maybe go to 4chan next time you wanna write cringe, don't clog our forums with discussions that have no meaning. The quality of the games has already been discussed in other threads, no need to make more of them.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Now, don't get me wrong. Pokémon USED to be good. Every time a game came out (UNTIL GENERATION 8) you knew it was gonna be a heavy hit. But then Generation 8 (aka Pokémon Sod and Shelled) came along. It wasn't very good, but when Generation 9 was announced, we had VERY high hopes. Weed Cat, the ability to inject steroids into your Po- wait couldn't you ALWAYS inject steroids into your Pokémon, other shit. Then it released. It sucks. Now, it is already unacceptable to release game that looks like shit, plays like shit, and dear god... It's shit, just like the taste of a Nintendo Switch Game Card. What was wrong? Well, it's a sequel to Sonic 06 (aesthetically). You already know its problems, and Twatter defends it because the users popped bath salts. Did Game Fuck patch it like they were supposed to? No. They released a 30-dollar DLC for a broken game that has PLENTY OF CONTENT. Mario Party Superstars needs a DLC, not this shit! Geez, Sod and Shelled were bad enough, but at least they LOOKED and PLAYED well. Let me tell you that a DLC does NOT patch a game. That's just like adding those dice things on a car that is beyond repair in the hopes that it fixes said car. So I decided that Game Fuck no longer deserves my money. I just quit Pokémon altogether. They just want your money and nothing else. So if you see someone playing Scarlet and Violet, just walk away immediately, and make sure to keep your wallet safe before they tell you that it's "good" (when it really isn't)
'scuse me, that is an insult to 06, at least 06 has (had?) proper UV mapping.

For real tho, 06 does not look bad, pick a game that actually looks bad.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
. . . Sonic 06 still looks like shit even with the UV mapping so...
Post automatically merged:

. . .
Post automatically merged:

. . .
I can only assume you have seen too many YT videos regurgitating the same crap

My suggestion is this: learn to form your own opinions

Also, this should't be on the main forums, next time create a blog post instead

Reactions: Chary and Lycan911

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Scarlet and Violet just can’t be fixed, even GF knows that, they promised fix them but the last patch did jack $hit, is better just forget about these games and move along.

supershadow64ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-Te60e-In-Sk-OXC06f-4k-AA.png

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Scarlet and Violet actually felt like they tried compared to Sword and Shield which for me went in one ear and out the other and is arguably the most bland and generic Pokémon game. There is absolutely nothing in Sword and Shield that comes even close to the memorability of the final story fight of Scarlet and Violet.

Sure, Scarlet and Violet feels like a beta with half of the content missing - I have never seen an RPG with so little side-content and so little explorable buildings. And don't even get me started on how the world graphically looks and or how it runs (my game ran fine because of overclocking). I actually like how the game kicked my ass (because I ditched my starter, was under leveled and went out of order) and the story actually went places for a mainline Pokémon game.

I agree that its sad the DLC isn't going to fix the main game, but Sword and Shield did the exact same thing. No fixes for Sword and Shield's short and piss easy campaign, bad town design or general polish. I seriously doubt the DLC for Scarlet and Violet is going to fix the base game in map design and side quests. If they fixed all the bugs and improved the performance of Scarlet and Violet it wouldn't make it a great game - there's way more deeper design issues at play just like how Sword and Shield wouldn't be a good game if they put all the Pokémon in it.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I disagree, kinda; for me, the degradation began with XY, in 2013.

Why? Well, look at Gen 5 (BW and BW2) for a moment - we had finally gotten constantly-animated sprites, which gave newfound life to each and every species - and the sprites were lively and unique, perfectly fitting each species' general character and personality. BW2 added onto this by making every Trainer also animated, thus giving each one some personality too.

As for gameplay, it was perfect - there hadn't been any nerfs up to this point, only additions on top of additions on top of a complete reworking of a fun core. New abilities added, new held items added, new species added, Rotation and Triple Battles added, all great.
In terms of in-game activities, BW2 shined in that regard - Pokéstar Studios, Black Tower/White Treehollow, Challenge Mode, PWT, and keeping BW's Battle Subway. So much to do, in just one game! Not to mention the optional Memory Link, adding optional scenes if you linked your BW2 save to a BW save, and the decent amount of postgame content. Absolutely wonderful.

...Then XY happened, and threw practically all of that into the trash. No more Memory Link, no more Challenge Mode, no more PWT - just the lame-ass overly-feminine Battle Maison, after an extremely short and boring postgame. No more lively sprite-based animations; Pokémon models barely moved in comparison, and due to the god-awful Sky Battles the models for many Flying-types were left floating extremely awkwardly in mid-air (look at Tropius, Skarmory, Swellow - even Salamence). Animated Trainer sprites were mostly replaced by static art in Gen 6, which was a severe downgrade.

XY also started the trend of implementing nerfs with each new Generation, which hadn't happened before as they weren't needed - sure, permanent weather was a problem, but why were special moves nerfed? Stuff like Thunderbolt and Ice Beam (95 base power), Fire Blast and Hydro Pump (120), and Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor (14) were never once considered 'overpowered', so why nerf them to 90, 110 and 130? Huh?
Also, here, Steel stupidly lost its Ghost and Dark resistances - at the same time Knock Off got its massive buff, setting the stage for Ghost's dominance in Gen 8 after Pursuit's removal.

The main adventure of XY was boring as heck too, and Route 13 or something - the wasteland area with the wind, the power plant, and the wild Pokémon that rapidly chase the player down? Fuuuck that area; the wind needlessly slowed traversal down, and the wild Pokémon were unaffected by Repels, making it even more of a chore to explore - and most Pokémon there also had a chance of having Arena Trap too, forcing you to actually fight instead of running if you didn't have a Flying-type or a Levitate user up front. UGH.

Every single Trainer was weak as balls due to rarely having a full team of six or full movesets, and while you could rematch the Elite 4 and Champion they wouldn't have stronger teams, as that was relegated to the RNG-reliant Battle Chateau (where they weren't guaranteed to appear, especially if you still had a low rank). Lumiose City was confusing to navigate, and home to a literally game-ruining bug before patches (and now that the eShop's gone, permanently so if you didn't download said patches).

It also didn't help that most of the actually-useful TMs were relegated to Kiloude City, in the postgame, leaving the player with weak TMs during the main adventure - and I could go on a whole separate rant about how SHIT the Friend Safari was.

There was almost nothing enjoyable about XY, and it started the degradation that Let's Go, Sword/Shield, and Scarlet/Violet would all hasten in their own ways - at the very least XY still retained all moves and species, even if tarnished due to needless nerfs, and at the very least XY introduced the awesome Mega Evolutions.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry, I just couldn't take you seriously after reading your nicknames for the games lmao

Maybe go to 4chan next time you wanna write cringe, don't clog our forums with discussions that have no meaning. The quality of the games has already been discussed in other threads, no need to make more of them.
You're right about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: