Pokemon Scarlet and Violet second trailer reveals 4 player coop, out this November

As promised, Nintendo has delivered a new Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trailer, showcasing many of the new features and details of the generation 9 titles. This game will introduce 4-player coop to the series. In addition to that, new Pokemon were shown, including the boxart legendaries. The games will release on November 18th.

dsadasd.png

There are two Pokemon professors, Sada and Turo. Mechanics like sneaking up on Pokemon appear to return from Legends Arceus. Wide open spaces are available to explore, including plains, caves, beaches, snowy mountains, and more. There's an electric-type mouse called Pawmi, a grass/normal-type named Smoliv and looks like an olive, Lechonk who is a normal-type pig, and the mascot legendary Pokemon's names are Koraidon and Miradon. Returning Pokemon from previous generations have been confirmed, with Larvitar, Pikachu, Swablu, Chewtle, and Gengar all shown.

Prior to the debut of the trailer, it was announced that Game Freak's co-founder, Junichi Masuda, will be leaving the company, and now has taken on the role of Chief Creative Fellow at The Pokemon Company. This means Masuda will not have direct involvement with Scarlet and Violet, with his new job pertaining more to the Pokemon franchise as a whole, rather than individual game development.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gamefreak barely learned how to do 3D, now they are doing 3D, Open World and Online all the same time, and still carrying that old and rusty anvil that is the traditional battle system. Since it's gamefreak, obliviously everything will work fine, right??? right???????????
Maybe bring back something i saw in Conquest spin off of pokemon that looked more like a strategy game than a rpg

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
one thing I notice just right now, is that dialog boxes are still a thing. So another voiceless AAA budget game from Gamefreak.

Those guys need to stop watching Chaplin movies I guess...

Reactions: Didimai

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn i'll have to restart NSO again that 4 player co op looks sick Imagine multi battles against npc's but they better make npc's use 2 pokemon i don't want cheesy wins like LGPE 2V1 sucked

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
damn i'll have to restart NSO again that 4 player co op looks sick Imagine multi battles against npc's but they better make npc's use 2 pokemon i don't want cheesy wins like LGPE 2V1 sucked
What is LGPE? Not the first time i hear of it, is i related to pokemon?

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Did they mention what professor is going to what game?
Everything related to the past is Scarlet, and everything related to the future is Violet, so the futuristic guy is the professor on Violet, and the girl is on Scarlet.

But I bet that in the end it will be just like Pokemon Black/White. 99% of the time you will not notice any difference.

Reactions: deisuke1234

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really doesn't look that good imo.

I tried to play Legends, but I stopped after an hour, because the game wouldn't let me play the game. I wish the games would just shut up and let me play, without interrupting me.

Reactions: Didimai

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything related to the past is Scarlet, and everything related to the future is Violet, so the futuristic guy is the professor on Violet, and the girl is on Scarlet.

But I bet that in the end it will be just like Pokemon Black/White. 99% of the time you will not notice any difference.

It seems there will be a few more differences than usual between versions this time around.
But bw was pretty noticeable at times, even having a different gym leader between versions.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genuinely got hyped up so much I think I'm gonna preorder Violet after I get paid next. And this is someone who's first preordered game ever was Splatoon 3.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ash is gone..? This looks weird without familiar faces and the new Pokémons also look odd, but the originals are still around.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Is that even confirmed?
I saw someone speak of it in the comment but seemed more like a theory. Do you, or anyone else, have a confirmation over this statement?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1