Pokemon Scarlet and Violet second trailer reveals 4 player coop, out this November

As promised, Nintendo has delivered a new Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trailer, showcasing many of the new features and details of the generation 9 titles. This game will introduce 4-player coop to the series. In addition to that, new Pokemon were shown, including the boxart legendaries. The games will release on November 18th.

dsadasd.png

There are two Pokemon professors, Sada and Turo. Mechanics like sneaking up on Pokemon appear to return from Legends Arceus. Wide open spaces are available to explore, including plains, caves, beaches, snowy mountains, and more. There's an electric-type mouse called Pawmi, a grass/normal-type named Smoliv and looks like an olive, Lechonk who is a normal-type pig, and the mascot legendary Pokemon's names are Koraidon and Miradon. Returning Pokemon from previous generations have been confirmed, with Larvitar, Pikachu, Swablu, Chewtle, and Gengar all shown.

Prior to the debut of the trailer, it was announced that Game Freak's co-founder, Junichi Masuda, will be leaving the company, and now has taken on the role of Chief Creative Fellow at The Pokemon Company. This means Masuda will not have direct involvement with Scarlet and Violet, with his new job pertaining more to the Pokemon franchise as a whole, rather than individual game development.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a little curious by this, like the look of the legendaries, still have a feeling its going to be easier than pushing my grandma down the stairs though.

Really wish they'd make a more challenging mode, better ai wouldn't hurt anyone

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long until people realize the amount of effort they put into the animations?
Even tackle has a decent animation now

They seem to have moved on from polar express animation to mostly just animation

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U think I've outgrown pokemon :(. just doesn't seem that exciting anymore
It's not you, the games changed a lot since they went 3d.
I'm sure you'll be just as excited again if you go back and try any DS game you might have missed or just move on to yokai watch (it's not really a pokemon clone, but more of a natural evolution of the genre)

( Or play the fan translation of the 3ds dragon quest monsters games! They are great! )

Reactions: HellaJvke

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not you, the games changed a lot since they went 3d.
I'm sure you'll be just as excited again if you go back and try any DS game you might have missed or just move on to yokai watch (it's not really a pokemon clone, but more of a natural evolution of the genre)
I can only play gen 1-5 lol. So yeah, I think that might be the case

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super excited for this. The new characters look so cute! It's really cool to see some proper representation of my culture in Pokemon - and the punny names are on point. I'm 100% behind raising a team of Lechonks. Can't wait to see more of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.