Pokemon Scarlet and Violet second trailer reveals 4 player coop, out this November

As promised, Nintendo has delivered a new Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trailer, showcasing many of the new features and details of the generation 9 titles. This game will introduce 4-player coop to the series. In addition to that, new Pokemon were shown, including the boxart legendaries. The games will release on November 18th.

dsadasd.png

There are two Pokemon professors, Sada and Turo. Mechanics like sneaking up on Pokemon appear to return from Legends Arceus. Wide open spaces are available to explore, including plains, caves, beaches, snowy mountains, and more. There's an electric-type mouse called Pawmi, a grass/normal-type named Smoliv and looks like an olive, Lechonk who is a normal-type pig, and the mascot legendary Pokemon's names are Koraidon and Miradon. Returning Pokemon from previous generations have been confirmed, with Larvitar, Pikachu, Swablu, Chewtle, and Gengar all shown.

Prior to the debut of the trailer, it was announced that Game Freak's co-founder, Junichi Masuda, will be leaving the company, and now has taken on the role of Chief Creative Fellow at The Pokemon Company. This means Masuda will not have direct involvement with Scarlet and Violet, with his new job pertaining more to the Pokemon franchise as a whole, rather than individual game development.

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really liking the Professor and the Box Legendary of Violet version. It looks like the theme of it is "Future" compared to Scarlet's "Past". Also, I dig the subtle motorbike/hoverbike motifs of the Legendaries, and their names do contain a subtle hint to "ride on", so maybe we'll be able to ride them?

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Really liking the Professor and the Box Legendary of Violet version. It looks like the theme of it is "Future" compared to Scarlet's "Past". Also, I dig the subtle motorbike/hoverbike motifs of the Legendaries, and their names do contain a subtle hint to "ride on", so maybe we'll be able to ride them?
Riding the dragons like we could in ORAS would be fuckin' sick i tell you what.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
U think I've outgrown pokemon :(. just doesn't seem that exciting anymore
It's the same limited game with the same repetitive mission for 25 years. The weird thing is that some people are STILL interested. Maybe it's people who are 16 y.o. or something...

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I am expecting this to be a buggy mess, again :/
gamefreak barely learned how to do 3D, now they are doing 3D, Open World and Online all the same time, and still carrying that old and rusty anvil that is the traditional battle system. Since it's gamefreak, obliviously everything will work fine, right??? right???????????

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How long until people realize the amount of effort they put into the animations?
Even tackle has a decent animation now

They seem to have moved on from polar express animation to mostly just animation
I'll notice the effort in animations when pokemon actually physically collide when they use tackle.

Reactions: bowlofspiders

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the presentation looks fine, but those jaggies though from the image being blown up was very distracting. Wonder how either game would look emulated on YuZu.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know what would be super cool? Fire Emblem x Pokemon. Pokemon Conquest 2 style. Permadeath style. The whole shebang. Would be super awesome

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
gamefreak barely learned how to do 3D, now they are doing 3D, Open World and Online all the same time, and still carrying that old and rusty anvil that is the traditional battle system. Since it's gamefreak, obliviously everything will work fine, right??? right???????????
On top of the other games, they either directly made or contributed to the other games, making sure all of their resources were as thin as possible. This game is gonna be slapped with the Bethesda moto,
works (3).jpg

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are people freaking out about the professors when they literally could not be more plain and dull.

If this is a proper Pokémon game with the arceus engine, it'll be a roaring success and exactly what the series needs. That means proper battles, held items, etc. Really that's all Arceus was missing but for prototype it was amazing.

Graphics look fine. It's like people expect the switch to just download new specs. It's still a last gen console and it wasn't even strong when it released. Get the fuck over it. It's baffling how many people masturbate to textures. Just play the game and enjoy it. This wasn't meant to look like crysis.

Reactions: Noctosphere

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Graphics look fine. It's like people expect the switch to just download new specs. It's still a last gen console and it wasn't even strong when it released. Get the fuck over it. It's baffling how many people masturbate to textures. Just play the game and enjoy it. This wasn't meant to look like crysis.
I don't expect new specs, I expect graphics comparable to other games. Splatoon 2 has hardly ANY bad or jarring textures, and it's crowded af/super detailed. Pokemon's world is mostly empty space, and looks like an N64 game in some cases, which is just sad. I don't expect it to look like Crysis, I just want it to live up to the hardware's potential. That's something every single Pokemon gen has lacked since it went 3D.

Reactions: Didimai and Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like it wrong
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I SAW A MEME UNDER THAT WITH THE CAPTION "How to kill covid" AND IT WAS FADED HAND SANITIZER INSTRUCTIONS SAYING "rub onto anus until cry" 💀😭
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hello, my friend.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I lost an online friend today who i knew since 2021
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I'm sorry to hear that.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, He said that my actitude was "cutty" and that our friendship wasnt going anywhere
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, You're not like that. I see you as a really kind individual.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds like you are better off than having a petty friend like that anyways. You win today.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, but both of us were fine yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah well, at least you got us (sorry if this sounds like some cornball ass "power of friendship" stuff)
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kind of hyped about the new ally finally a portable with full m.2 support
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Kinda reminds me of a life lesson in the movie "Bronx Tale". Guy1 owes another, guy2 $10 and the guy2 keeps chasing guy1 around the city trying to get his money back, till someone tells him, "stop, you got off easy, its only $10. That guy will never bother you again or ask you for money again, so take it as a win."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guy1 will continue to talk shit about you constantly as well
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because he knows what he did
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Speaking of which, where is my $10 Ken? And I heard you been talking crap bout me to my wife. Punk.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You were standing right there when we were talking should've said something then
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking insurance gave me a migraine told me my dentist was in network now they're rejecting claims saying they aren't
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's what they do the best, pass the buck.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's what they do the best, pass the buck.