Pokemon Scarlet / Violet performance issues

pp2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone have problems with scarlet, like ryujinx crashing with vulkan geoforce 940 mx, or pokemon and character 3d models being extremely wierd using intel 620?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely a hardware issue. They design a game then they have to make it work on a Nintendo Switch. Pokemon was never ready to go 3d when they were top-down game design for 2 decades.

You ride on the back of the monster and its running faster than the assets can load and you frequently run into a hoard, its annoying.

Shape

Trophies
Website
codenametiger.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an easy performance fix! So easy! First, remove all Pokemon data and cartridges from your Switch. Next, purchase TemTem. Lastly, play TemTem. Fix achieved.
an online only game is a horrible solution
At least it's a solution. "Overclock this", "Try that hack", those are no good for players who have mod-free and vanilla switches. I mean, I could have told you to just get generations-ago tech and play that because it's objectively better and runs offline, but at least I took the time to offer *some* current-gen solution.

Reactions: gameboy

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Funny I also think this looks so much better then Arceus in every aspect oO no idea how people can say Arceus looked better if you just look at the textures it seems like arceus was from 2000 while this looks more like they leaped to 2010 or better.

I noticed frame drops a few times but nothing that makes a game like this really bad to play .... for me the only thing I noticed after playing ~2 hours in handheld mode is that I can not see the small pokemon very well (but I like it that now they are not all as big as mountains) also the Camera always "glitches" below the map showing the void for a short time when fighting.

david_enoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny I also think this looks so much better then Arceus in every aspect oO no idea how people can say Arceus looked better if you just look at the textures it seems like arceus was from 2000 while this looks more like they leaped to 2010 or better.

I noticed frame drops a few times but nothing that makes a game like this really bad to play .... for me the only thing I noticed after playing ~2 hours in handheld mode is that I can not see the small pokemon very well (but I like it that now they are not all as big as mountains) also the Camera always "glitches" below the map showing the void for a short time when fighting.
Idk if you played the game yet but it’s definitely not better than Legends Arceus.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Considering the initial topic here, I'm typically not sensitive to FPS variance at all, but find the game to stutter constantly. Nearly every action causes frame drops (however slight), and it occurs in cutscenes too. Maybe my Switch is spontaneously dying and that's causing issues, but I find that dubious. The swaying of FPS from 30 <-> sub-30 has me experiencing motion sickness, and that's something I never felt with v1.0.0 SwSh or Legends Arceus.

Maybe a day one patch will fix all this? Who knows. If you find that it plays well already and meets your visual expectations, that's honestly great. I hope you enjoy your playthrough.

Reactions: Windsall

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least it's a solution. "Overclock this", "Try that hack", those are no good for players who have mod-free and vanilla switches. I mean, I could have told you to just get generations-ago tech and play that because it's objectively better and runs offline, but at least I took the time to offer *some* current-gen solution.
you know whats crazy to me botw is just as bad if not worse looking than this game and not a stable 30 fps especially not in the lost woods but every single fanboy acts like its the greatest game ever made. the biased attitudes are just insane to me.

Reactions: Shape

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

People are saying Arceus looks better because it runs generally at a more stable 30FPS, and runs at a higher resolution think it maxes out at 1080 a rarity for switch games. Though the texture quality in that game is ugh.

Reactions: Windsall and Youkai

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are saying Arceus looks better because it runs generally at a more stable 30FPS, and runs at a higher resolution think it maxes out at 1080 a rarity for switch games. Though the texture quality in that game is ugh.
are people only playing in handheld? because yeah the handheld resolution looks like pixelated ass while docked looks miles better

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am very disappointed that some of the cutscenes run so poorly and the framerate is choppy. I play the game in handheld, overclocked with some custom patches and ReverseNX on trop of that, so when it's plugged in it's basically Docked in handheld and it still lags. I've encountered issues while entering and exiting out of shops and the game would glitch, or when a pokémon evolves the game stutters and I can see the little platform like when you fight in the water and other little things like that. I'm installing the 1.0.1 update now but I doubt it will do anything to be honest. I am eagerly waiting for a 60FPS patch, but besides everything the game is fun and refreshing and I love all the new Pokémon. I wish I wasn't banned and could play with friends lol

Working_Goose

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Austria
Definitely a hardware issue. They design a game then they have to make it work on a Nintendo Switch. Pokemon was never ready to go 3d when they were top-down game design for 2 decades.

You ride on the back of the monster and its running faster than the assets can load and you frequently run into a hoard, its annoying.
Game is already longer 3D, see Soul Silver / Heart Gold.
And on the 3DS work the games great (until you turn 3D mode on).
Lets go Pikachu and Lets go eevee was great to. Not the best gameplay, but the graphic (art style) was great.

But with the start of Sword/Shield... holy moly.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game is already longer 3D, see Soul Silver / Heart Gold.
And on the 3DS work the games great (until you turn 3D mode on).
Lets go Pikachu and Lets go eevee was great to. Not the best gameplay, but the graphic (art style) was great.

But with the start of Sword/Shield... holy moly.

I dont think the problem is "length / time". Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee had terrible overworld performance and it wasnt even that great graphically, looked like a mobile game.

Sword/Shield was just a lazy game that most of the good content in it was Time Exclusive raid battles, meaning that they can no longer be played today. The pop in and performance issues are terrible too.

Arceus is actually a good game but the graphical stuff on that is hilariously bad too.

Scarlet... At the beginning, the chick takes you to a lighthouse to show you the overworld and it looks like a PSP game. The grass is terrible, the player movement is worse than Arceus, the pop in is hilarious, the battles have input lag. I cant take note of everything bad but i have no doubt it has to do with the switch itself. (I preordered both games but scarlet was my preferred choice, so Im just kind of demo-ing the game before playing legitimately playing the game with its day one patch)

BUT, im sure the online multiplayer in the overworld will push the game even harder...

ragnell90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I seriously question WTH Gamefreak was thinking to release this game with many issues, not just graphic, framerate but also other stuffs. Did they every test this game or not?

I mean, WTH is this. I have already experienced so many battles like this. & now the game runs like playing in some emulators with dropped frame rates and lagging when I am playing in handheld switch.

2022111116243900.jpg

Graphics are bad compared to previous games and how potential the game should have been, as released trailers have worried me. But the game's performance is just so frustrating.

There are so many other issues: Pokeball aiming system is suck; items in inventory keep being marked as un-checked after loading save files; confusing camera control during normal exploration, during aiming Pokeball, and during camera mode, etc.

Working_Goose

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Austria
Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee had terrible overworld performance and it wasnt even that great graphically, looked like a mobile game.
Really?

And.. yeah, that was the Art Style of the Game. But i liked it.
What did you mean, like a mobile Game?
More like Candy Crush or Final Fantasy 7?

its like when i say "This shit looks like Kirby"... yeah what kirby? Grey 2D kirby on the gameboy? 3D Wool Kirby on the Switch?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think the problem is "length / time". Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee had terrible overworld performance and it wasnt even that great graphically, looked like a mobile game.

Sword/Shield was just a lazy game that most of the good content in it was Time Exclusive raid battles, meaning that they can no longer be played today. The pop in and performance issues are terrible too.

Arceus is actually a good game but the graphical stuff on that is hilariously bad too.

Scarlet... At the beginning, the chick takes you to a lighthouse to show you the overworld and it looks like a PSP game. The grass is terrible, the player movement is worse than Arceus, the pop in is hilarious, the battles have input lag. I cant take note of everything bad but i have no doubt it has to do with the switch itself. (I preordered both games but scarlet was my preferred choice, so Im just kind of demo-ing the game before playing legitimately playing the game with its day one patch)

BUT, im sure the online multiplayer in the overworld will push the game even harder...
psp game? when is the last time you played a psp game? judging by your comment its been a LOOOOOONG time

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just making a point, Pokemon games would benefit greatly from a better console.

I can only imagine what they would look like on a new console with PS5+ hardware capabilities.
It absolutely would, but then Gamefreak would benefit from a masterclass in how to actually optimise for the console they're developing for. I hate to point to Breath of the Wild like it's the holy grail of Switch games but...Breath of the Wild.

You are right though. Nintendo have never needed to be on par with the hardware Sony and Microsoft are throwing out but it's probably time they tried closing the gap a little more, otherwise their ambition will never catch up.

Reactions: Windsall

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It absolutely would, but then Gamefreak would benefit from a masterclass in how to actually optimise for the console they're developing for. I hate to point to Breath of the Wild like it's the holy grail of Switch games but...Breath of the Wild.

You are right though. Nintendo have never needed to be on par with the hardware Sony and Microsoft are throwing out but it's probably time they tried closing the gap a little more, otherwise their ambition will never catch up.
BOTW is a very poor example of what the switch can actually do. but yet again I live in a world where there are idiots that think the ps3 is anywhere close to as powerful as the switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34